It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I already liked you Anon, now I love you.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Criminals are named and shamed all over the world by media and other sources. So i do think the people have a right to know the name of the person who possibly committed a serious crime as they would in any other investigation. But i do not agree with a kangaroo court and serving justice without a trail to this person i think some facts need to be presented first.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What if Scott has kids and dies from his injuries?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This officer has voluntarily shot a fellow citizen on the head and caused brain damage. Furthermore participated directly or indirectly in the throwing of a flash bang granade into a group of people. Total disregard for the safety of any of the people grouped or the injured individual. This is unacceptable murderous, criminal behavior. It is a true shame and beyond disgusting that the usual gang of fascists are so vigorously defending this.

ATS is going down the path of GLP real quick. I have followed ats for many years and this saddens me. The authoritarian, pro billionaire shills follow an obvious trend, though, they come from the top down. Beware, management, it is the common user that provides content for this site. With only the propagandist left you will only get another glp, freerepublic or stormfront. If that is the goal then so be it. Deny ignorance? No, propagate it!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well done Anonymous! I think we should all be very grateful to Anonymous for one very good reason.

Our cops have been treading past the line of protecting the public for some years now. Their bosses have even encouraged it. They have continually ratcheted up their violence and learned some pretty sh-t tactics in the interviewing arsenal NLP and in Europe, (don't know if you have it in the States 'Common Purpose' training). Their behaviour has gone way too far especially I suspect in the way they are trained to perceive the public. It will only take one to tazer a pregnant woman and all hell with brake out. In the UK Netanyahu has busied himself in our police training - he was here when the London Bombers started, one of the first to be advised - hows that happened - shall we wonder at his impeccable timing?

We now need another layer of force to over see the police at work. That's Anonymous. Yes its harsh to name and shame, but anyone stepped the wrong side of the law and not been named and shamed and their family not been caught in the exposure. Sorry you marry a cop who sucks up all the power they are suddenly allowed, you know the risk. That name and shame a copper with details such as address is actually fair in my book. We know their superiors won't punish them but the shame from the public will. It is also the best deterrent in the world to make 'Copper mcGill' tow the line of duty and not step past it into criminal action territory.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
What i think people should do is arrest this guy and bring him in. Clear?

Even if you're referring to someone or a group of people placing the officer under Citizen's Arrest, there are no clear-cut grounds to do so at this time. There is what amounts to an "anonymous tip", with no solid, obvious evidence to back it up.

Whether it's the police or a citizen, an arrest is bogus without reasonable cause to suspect someone guilty of a crime. So far, I haven't seen that, nor has anyone else here. There is such a thing as a false arrest lawsuit; no matter what your opinion on this "ID" of the culprit is, you have to admit that the average citizen is gonna stand to lose more being on the wrong end of a lawsuit like that, than any police department in the country.

edit on 11/1/11 by BuzzCory because: Removed edits by OP, missed by me on first posting

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I suspect this guy probably is the culprit, but you never really know unless you hear it from an official source so lets not all jump to conclusions and freak out.

edit on 10/31/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: [video removed containing personally identifiable information]

after all that has been exposed over the last couple of years why would anyone trust an official source anymore????

there is very little investigative jornalism anymore. the news agencies are spoon fed the stories.

trust is gone. hope is gone.

lot of people need to start running, start hiding.

its only starting.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Has the officer accused of doing this been heard from? I would expect someone accused of such things would want to get his side of the story out. I know I sure would. So, yeah I'd like to hear what the man has to say.

Nor do I think any should rush to judgement on such things. Anonymous is not synonymous with infallible. I don't think it likely that the group known as anonymous would release a name without being able to back it up later.. that just makes you look foolish and incompetent. But how to know if this was leaked by anonymous at all? Or just someone impersonating or claiming to be part of that group? So I think I'll sit and watch the next few days and see what else comes to light before I form an opinion.

Don't think that particular officer is going anywhere anytime soon now that his info is out.. so if he's guilty of these acts.. waiting for more or better info hurts nothing. And if he's not, taking the time to get more facts on the matter might prevent tragedy.. a second tragedy I should say. Mr. Olsen's being the first.

I'd also expect some kind of response from some of the Marines who are pretty upset about the way one of their own was treated. That should be interesting indeed.

edit on 1-11-2011 by Resinveins because: format

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

Originally posted by igor_ats
Won't the forensics be able to test the bullet and if one was fired from the Officers gun. . . we'll know for sure.

Sure it may take months for them to tell anyone, they probably won't tell anyone. But the forensics will know.

So get the victims family to petition for this information if they are being slow about it.

It should be impossible for someone to get shot by a cop and there no investigation on the bullet and having the gun tested etc.

He was alledgedly shot with a gas canister or a rubber bullet, both won´t penetrate the body, so the projectile was probably not found, and if it was, a gas canister won´t have the rifling marks from the barrel that a bullet may have.

A rubber bullet may have those, but it was probably not found.

thx for the update. I thought he was killed with a ordinary bullet.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

He wasn't killed.. the last I heard he was in critical but stable condition.. awake .. and looking at possibly more surgery.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

dont the cops wear masks too? lol
you are a small and confusing individual! get your views straight.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I've grown out of my childhood mentality which was provided by those with authority or power.

Now that I'm an adult myself with capabilities to think for myself and accept consequences for my actions.

I've come to the conclusion that these men and women in uniform are nothing more then individuals on the beat due to a salary and not to what I was led to believe to protect and serve.

I put to task those who oppose such information made public about individuals who may through their action(s) deprive friends, wifes, husbands, children, loved ones, families, friends and society when they injure, main or kill another due to much force to protect/enforce a law not for the people but for those in power be it in corporations or in government.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Willbert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
They are here to PROTECT and SERVE. If they cannot do that without causing grievous harm, humiliation, and damage to those they are charged with said protection and service, then perhaps some consequences are in order. Same for anyone in a position of authority. They need to be the example of, not the exception to.

I can't believe you said this. Are you seriously going to suggest a lynch mob form against this officer?

I'm of the opinion that the process of teargas and batons goes back decades with us. It's nothing more than a tool used when another tool isn't getting the job done. Like the barricade they put up in front of the protestors. Who in this particular situation the protestors moved forward and took down the rails. ( tool ) which meant they had to get another tool...

No instead of beating this topic to death with Tools and Actions I would just like to give thanks to the wise people before us that built these tool-box's. In the old days it was heavy stick and a shotgun. Now we have concrete barriers, video cameras, tape, rope, cuffs, zip ties, shields, batons, pistols and shotguns aremed with whatever,,....anyways my point being that things don't get to needing tear gas on day one.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Who verified this information?

How did they arrive at the conclusion that this particular officer perpetrated the act?

Was this reviewed and verified beyond any reasonable doubt?

Is there even a slight chance that the officer who's name is posted and being spread around was not the officer who perpetrated the act?

Interesting...

I keep hearing the words "rights, equality, justice" etc...

Now I see the information of a person who may or may not have done something wrong - who makes an average salary, probably has a mortgage to pay off and a family to feed - being spread around online amongst some people who are clearly not looking to send him fan mail.

Interesting...

I keep seeing people upset about the treatment of protestors and the lack of respect they are being given, and I keep seeing signs protesting the infringement of rights perpetrated by the government and law enforcement, and yet now I see the information of a person who may or may not have done something wrong, being denied a proper investigation into his alleged crime. Make no mistake, there was a crime here, but the officer is not being given his rights or a fair shake either, is he?

I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

You are either FOR equality, fairness, justice, and rights for all, or you're AGAINST it. You can not cry for rights for some and ignore rights for others or you are no better than those you protest against.

Ummmmm.............ya....right....

What world do you live in?........Hmmm???????.......So you live in a world where Leo's get the full extent and range of punishments that the "herd" gets?.....Hmmmm?????.....Does your equality, fairness, justice and rights for all .............actually extend to corporate enforcers, politicians...etc., ad nauseum........Or is our "justice" system more a player payer system?........Equality and justice are only as good as the extent of your influence and affluence..................get real

If it were an equal and just world, there would be no protesting and this website would'nt exist.....I thought the purpose here was to "deny ignorance".........not promulgate it?

YouSir

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
See, here's the problem: we(americans), are in a place where we have a lot of anger and frustration because we're finally waking up to the massive injustices perpetrated against us by our government, and we need people to blame. this cop deserves to do a lot of time in jail for what he did, but, his family didn't do it. And, because people are so angry, people are gonna go after his family too. I'm a fan of anonymous, but, I fear that someone is going to get killed eventually. too many unstable people who will take things too far walking around right now.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Toolatetotalk

Are you seriously going to suggest a lynch mob form against this officer?

Nowhere in that post did I see that mentioned..

Are you just putting words in peoples mouths in an attempt to troll this thread??

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Odd. I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are and that it's distressing you. Since I heard the news of the officers details being released, I went to OccupyOakland.org as well as OWS main forums chat and stream and spent quite a while on all, I didn't read one word about the "Anon" release.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Gentlemen.

New member here. Nice to make your acquaintance.

Now, just a thought. For all we know, This could be the cop who did this. Anon somehow found this information out.

OR.

This could be, say, the only cop there who was someone like us. Someone who, stood up for what was right behind the scenes, and didnt join into the corrupt reindeer games. SO maybe the cop who shot the poor vet posted this guys face, easily disguised as anonymous, to have a mod mentality crowd take care of their dirty work for them. Hell, maybe even have their excuse for martial law? I mean, this situation would be a win win for them.

Just a thought. Till then.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Personally, i thank Anonymous for all the work they do, including this kind of distasteful detective work needed to weed out the bad apples from the police.

I don't agree that any bad cops family should have to suffer for their husband / Father's actions, just the cop himself should have the spotlight shined on him, his family didn't shoot the Marine, the cop did.

I think any action, legal or otherwise should be at the discretion of the Marines family...they should choose what, if anything, is to be done.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Look. If I was arrested for some horrible crime my name would be blasted most likely, making anyone who knows me a target. Why do some people think authority figures should be immune to this as well? He was in the wrong, and a Continuing problem is that this is going on and getting worse! They deserve any justified hostility directed at them. Blaming their kids because their dad is a douche proves you to be the douche. Don't make it worse than it already is.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join