It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Why do you assume that in a place like Oakland, where the criminal element is prevalent and violence against the police is a regular occurrence, that the actions of Anon will not somehow lead to the injury of this officer or his family?

You're the one supporting Anon's decision to expose this cop to serious danger BEFORE the investigation has even netted any results.
edit on 31-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I just want to say one more thing really quick before everyone hop on the 'it keeps cops honest' bandwagon. Let's say you got into a fight with someone. Let's say you punched a guy for some reason. All of a sudden your family was being threatened for YOUR actions. Is that really fair? Post his name, sure. Just don't post his address and phone numbers, or the names of his family. Even if it is public information posting encourages violence. If you advocate non violence against protesters then advocate violence towards cops you are no better than the cops you profess to hate.

In life examples have always been made to keep discipline , sometimes the thought of a family member being hurt for ones actions makes people think twice. I am not saying this is right but it is a reality and one that very well make a criminal think twice and yes I was calling that cop a criminal, as a matter of fact the worst type of criminal carries a badge and there are lots of them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Why do you assume that in a place like Oakland, where the criminal element is prevalent and violence against the police is a regular occurrence, that the actions of Anon will not somehow lead to the injury of this officer or his family?

You're the one supporting Anon's decision to expose this cop to serious danger BEFORE the investigation has even netted any results.
edit on 31-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Im just going to agree to disagree with you. I think this guy needs to be locked up and i think by Anon showing people who he is will make it happen faster.

those people protesting are in danger of gun slinging cops. even though some protests threw stuff at the cops, not all did. So do all protesters need to be maces and gassed. no.

theres a fine line and i understand your points but i know this town. its 45 min away from me and i know the police. they will cover for each other and in my eyes they are corrupt and all this did was show the people who did it so they can get justice, not by mob, but by court order after protesting for justice.
edit on 31-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Stuff happens, and if they got the wrong guy or his family, friends or neighbors get hurt.... Anonymous...... Good intentions but flat out stupid.

Agreed. I'm not saying they are openly advocating violence or harassment of the family, but you pour that gas on th fire bad things may happen to them regardless, that is where I take issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

those people protesting are in danger of gun slinging cops. even though some protests threw stuff at the cops, not all did. So do all protesters need to be maces and gassed. no.

Not all protesters are being maced or gassed.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Again what does this have to do with Occupy other than the marine who got hurt by a cop(s) at a protest. It was someone claiming to be of "Anonymous" not Occupy.

I hope there's some law against what he did considering his face was on camera. Vigalante justice has no place anywhere.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

What does this have to do with occupy? the simple facts who the "victim" was and where they live and it seems to me all anyone has to do is drop the anonymous name and it is good as gold much like how wikileaks and Assange was.

Anything happens to that cop that is on them and there is no law because they would hide behind the 1st Amendment.

And vigilante justice indeed has no place but that is what anonymous has been doing all along and OWS guess it depends on how a person defines it.
edit on 31-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Please show where Occupy has committed any such act.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

A protest is the epitome of mob justice they took to the streets to exact their vision of social justice and there has been voilence but not quite the level of those old westerns where they string up complete strangers if there were no cops around i am sure they would be.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Does that include TPM protests?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by neo96

Please show where Occupy has committed any such act.

What I see happening is one of the inherent flaws of staging an action to gain a voice on the national stage without having set out from day one with a predefined set of specific goals.

OWS has a prime opportunity with all the media visibility and is capable of having a tremendous amount of influence on the public psyche.

It should have been a concern with everybody involved from the beginning that if successful it would be a temptation for other, less noble concerns with various agendas less palatable to the faceless masses.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You can lump the two as the same but hey let's get real here neither one is like the other.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now if annonymous is just a black op CIA group, with MKULTRA and satanic roots and rituals, like those guys really are. Then why would they give up a bad cop? Don't you think they would be more likely to torture the good guys they can't control.

I don't trust this at all. Really.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kali74

You can lump the two as the same but hey let's get real here neither one is like the other.

Dont dodge the question. If all protests as you say are "epitome of mob justice" does that include the TPM?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No.

It doesn't for the simple fact where is the violent mob mentality from them?

The blatant disregard for Authority?

Were they throwing things at people?

The TPM was the epitome of civil discourse they are the anti-thesis of OWS

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The shot to the head might have been a mistake.. don't know, but the flashbang was not and that was pretty awful.
I hope Anon is on the money with this one, they are usually pretty good. Is there anyway you can post the whole thread or info on how they came to the conclusion.
I honestly like the tactic of dropping all the info, it hopefully deters others from doing the same thing as this guy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
No, this isn't good at all and should be rejected en masse. We can't be fighting for american rights while stomping on others. Every citizen has the right to a trial and is innocent until proven guilty. Now that officer and any officer that is violated in this manor...their families are in danger and NO ONE has the right to do that. All they had to do was give the information to Mayor Quan, if it is even accurate information...where ever that is sourced from needs to be slammed with messages and emails of intolerance.

Yes ofcourse and this man is going to find himself in a court of law.. No that is not going to happen.... What he done was wrong....

Anon...

Give him hell...!)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
im curious....suppose they did get the identity of the officer in question correct...would it then be justified to expose his personal details to the public.??..(police officers are public servants right?)

so assuming he is guilty should he not subject to public scrutiny?

in saying that ...if the officer has a wife and kids in my opinion they should be left out of it...no one has the right to judge the mans family based on his actions....he most certainly should be held accountable ....and my geuss would be he doesnt live in a very happy home at the moment...imagine if his kids are at school??what ridicule and harasment are they going to face...hmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join