It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States v.s. Russia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In nuclear war both sides are destroyed.

In a conventional war, the US has the advantage.

First off, the US, as was stated before, basically has Russia surrounded.

The US would have the initiative, and would be on the offensive, so Russias industrial system would be much more devastated then the USs - if they were even touched at all.

The US also has THE MOST IMPORTANT ADVANTAGE IN WAR. That my friends, is LOGISTICS. The US can get what it wants where it wants faster and on a larger scale then anyone else. We can support forward fighting better then anyone else.

As far as comparing the forces....

NAVY - Clear advantage to the US. Supercarrier battle groups, the quitest subs and more of them, the best surface fleet. That would be the greatest US advantage.

Air War - slight advantage to the US. The US fighter fleet is a bit long in the tooth but has much better avionics and is much better maintained.

Ground war - slight advantage to the Russians. They outnumber the US and would be fighting for their own soil - a clear psychological edge. The US has better tanks, but the Russians have more to throw at the US. I do believe though that their advantage on the ground would be cancelled by the US advantage in the air.

OUTCOME:

Stalemate. The US could probably force the Russians boarders back a bit, but at great cost. The overall outtcome would be lots of death and little gain for either side.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
In nuclear war both sides are destroyed.

In a conventional war, the US has the advantage.

First off, the US, as was stated before, basically has Russia surrounded.
o no few crappy bases with 4 f16's

The US would have the initiative, and would be on the offensive, so Russias industrial system would be much more devastated then the USs - if they were even touched at all.
russia has a good force of cruise missile/long range missile carrier forces to cripple you

The US also has THE MOST IMPORTANT ADVANTAGE IN WAR. That my friends, is LOGISTICS. The US can get what it wants where it wants faster and on a larger scale then anyone else. We can support forward fighting better then anyone else.
not on russian soil you dont, you will end up like hitler and napoleon

As far as comparing the forces....

NAVY - Clear advantage to the US. Supercarrier battle groups, the quitest subs and more of them, the best surface fleet. That would be the greatest US advantage.
russia will destroy these poor battle groups with their anti-shipping forces, ie the subs and naval aviation like tu-22m3 etc.., us battle groups would sink pretty fast, just expensive toys for invading undefended #holes

Air War - slight advantage to the US. The US fighter fleet is a bit long in the tooth but has much better avionics and is much better maintained.
air war over russia is impossible, it is the most heavily defended nation with interceptors and actual AD network, you would be shot out from the skies

The US has better tanks, but the Russians have more to throw at the US. I do believe though that their advantage on the ground would be cancelled by the US advantage in the air.
BS, better tanks my ass, t80 series have better protection then your incumbered tractor tank which can get destroyed by simple 40 year old rpgs on the sides, also air advantage my ass, your awacs would dissapear from the earth by long range anti-awac missiles and aircraft like mig-31, and without awacs amer aircraft are pretty useless, migs-31 and other russian aircraft can even act without ground control, can also be uplinked..

OUTCOME:

us navy battle groups sinked, russia nukes nato on the first week, world is wasteland

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Your right hellraiser - Russia simply outclasses the US in the air, on land and at sea. What was I thinking????

All hail Russia - the TRUE military power in the world!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why do you pro-americans and (You can call them zionists can you) Zionist people keep speaking foolish. If the U.S. and USSR went at it the whole world not just both nations would be uninhabitable. I

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Asia Minor]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Your right hellraiser - Russia simply outclasses the US in the air, on land and at sea. What was I thinking????

No, if usa tries to invade russia usa is dead, same goes with russia, its impossible to invade these nations..

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
MiG 29SMT's can take on F-16 blk 60 40 have been built, then theres the MiG 29 M2 which is even more advanced than the SMT it can clearly take on F16 blk 60 AND F-15's of ANY class, so far as I know only 1 MiG 29 has been upgraded/built to M2 standard and 40 MiG 29 SMT's have been built, but if Rus sees that a war with U.S. will happen we will build 2000 MiG 29 M2's in a matter of 3-4 months. P.S. I believe we have already built our 5th GEN warplanes but Rus will not announce it until ww3 is just about to start, Russian T-72's have scince 1989 had ERA, Nightvision and thermal imaging systems plus DU Rounds, this is what Iraq T-55's T-62's and T-72's didn't have thats the main reason why M1A1's won the war. T-80's -T-90 Tank oh man M1A1,A2 andA3 will be destroyed and we're about to come out with T-95 which will not be the "Black Eagle" as many have speculated but will be a RADICALY new different tank, soilders SUBS U.S. has more but our AKULA classes are the most quietsts and have WAY more weapons and can go deeper, thats why U.S. came up with the "SEAWOLF" but don't worry we got somethin coming out towards the end of this (2005) year

[edit on 11-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
moronic crap

all please do not pay attention to this lunatic i saw his posts on ats and he just embarras russians..
, his posts are even too dumb for ats.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Please provide the PROOF what I just posted is a LIE and if ya can't I'm gonna try to do every thing to have you banned FOR YOUR LYING remark

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellraiser

No, if usa tries to invade russia usa is dead, same goes with russia, its impossible to invade these nations..

As an American I give you great credit for this statement. No matter how the world is viewed at this time............The US and Russia are still the big boys. IT would be impossible for homeland invasion on either side.

Lets set aside a large piece of land somewhere in the middle and let them duke it out there.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
Please provide the PROOF what I just posted is a LIE and if ya can't I'm gonna try to do every thing to have you banned FOR YOUR LYING remark

No, it's just that you live in a delusional world.. look up your posts on ats and read them carefully you biggot, i bet you dont even know russian
, also i don't care about being banned

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Carburetor

Originally posted by Hellraiser

As an American I give you great credit for this statement. No matter how the world is viewed at this time............The US and Russia are still the big boys. IT would be impossible for homeland invasion on either side.

ok, lets agree and close our "conflict" at this statement

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Hellraiser]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
But honestly,.......The US government and the Russian government know the ramifications of war between these two military Super powers and i highly doubt that they will do anything more than scuffle over a few backing of nations here and there. If the US and Russia went to war, they might as well put a load of nukes in the planet core, kiss our butts goodbye, and watch the entire planet blow.

Lets just do a rematch of Rocky vs Drago and call it good.

Carburetor

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
UNITED
STATES
FOR
TEH
WIN!

[edit on 11-3-2005 by roflcopter]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by roflcopter

UNITED
STATES
FOR
TEH
WIN!

thanks for your contribution script kiddie, also you have misspelled "THE" in your attempt at posting.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
DIE U COMMIE BASTARD LOL!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thats what I thought coward, you'll just say some deflective remark like that and HOPE I and everyone else forget about it!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Seems to me U.S. has already won.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
* Current Russian fighters are already on par with America’s best fighter, the F-15. Europe's and Russia's newest class of fighters will surpass the F-15; they are set to roll off production lines by 2005
* At least three foreign aircraft threaten to surpass the F-15’s performance in the near future: the French Rafale, the Eurofighter 2000 and the Russian Su-35. Some foreign aircraft are already at parity with the F-15
* Nations are already denying America access to airspace around the globe by obtaining low-cost, but sophisticated, surface-to-air missile systems
* Highly capable surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems pose a formidable challenge to the F-15’s survivability. Advanced SAM systems, because of their relatively low cost, are a quick and easy way for countries to modernize their air defense systems

It's a good thing the US already has a fighter which makes the F15, F16, and even F117's look like childs play.. What do they call this vehicle of the future?

FA/22 Raptor

The F/A-22 provides America with an asymmetric advantage in the air as well as on the ground. These are the primary attributes of America’s premier 21st-century transformational system.
The F/A-22 will not just serve the Air Force; it will serve all surface forces as well. It has been almost 50 years since U.S. ground forces have been threatened by enemy air attacks; the F/A-22 is the best aircraft available to extend that timeline indefinitely.

Then of course to ensure American air superiority there is the X-35. This aircraft has the manuverabiluty in the air like the FA/22 but it also has verticle take off and landing capabilities, making it the most versitile and lethal aircraft in the world today. Carrier class ships can hold more aircraft since they do not need a runway to take off or land. Small areas on the ground can be used as bases since a runway is not necessary. Ground support is ever more lethal as these aircraft can hover in support of any ground based assault like a helicopter.

X-35

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Raphael]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael
* Current Russian fighters are already on par with America’s best fighter, the F-15. Europe's and Russia's newest class of fighters will surpass the F-15; they are set to roll off production lines by 2005
what
,thats why su-27 series were made.. and still surpass all european aircraft along with jsf, only the f15 are on par with it, and f22 outclasses it in many areas like lo tech and computer technology..

* At least three foreign aircraft threaten to surpass the F-15’s performance in the near future: the French Rafale, the Eurofighter 2000 and the Russian Su-35.
was done lone time ago already, su-35 capability actually surpass above mentioned aircraft and close up there with f22
Some foreign aircraft are already at parity with the F-15 you got to be kidding me
* Nations are already denying America access to airspace around the globe by obtaining low-cost, but sophisticated, surface-to-air missile systems
you mean defending themselves from american hegemony

* Highly capable surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems pose a formidable challenge to the F-15’s survivability. Advanced SAM systems, because of their relatively low cost, are a quick and easy way for countries to modernize their air defense systemswell no sh

It's a good thing the US already has a fighter which makes the F15, F16, and even F117's look like childs play.. What do they call this vehicle of the future?
f15/16 are not childs play and are one of the best aircraft still in the world..

FA/22 Raptor
many equivelents are coming out, we shall see how they will compare with it, i suspect russians will come up with something on par of f22 with the indians financing and software

edit: also to add, f22 is HEAVELY overrated, with the advances in radar technology its lo-pro tech will be declining in a very short time.. it's ATG capability is very low too..not to mention it's over the top price

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Without placing the conflict in context, it is almost impossible to answer in any meaningful way. It is like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

Also, unless you exclude nuclear weapons, the answer is bleak and short:

No winners - only losers.

A short answer would be the country being invaded would likely end up the victor. They have more to fight for. Invaders are just "doing their jobs".

Soldiers follow orders. They utilize their training and weaponry to the best effect. But a man or woman defending their home, their family will gladly do ANYTHING to win. To survive. No matter how poor the odds.

If America were invaded the initial loses would be huge. But the "ordinary" citizens would fight and resist with anything and everything and in the end, the invaders would be repelled. The loses would be huge - 10's of millions.

The same would (AND HAS!! More than once!) happen if Russia were invaded.

However....

This doesnt take into account the simple fact that two huge countries seperated by vast oceans cannot conceivably effectively invade each other.

Besides...

For the less than the cost of such a huge and expensive military undertaking, either country could just BUY UP vast areas of undeveloped property as well as residential, commercial and industrial real estate.

In fact it is going on right now!

Much more effective, if not as exciting.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join