It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of the Lord is Already Here. 2 Thessalonians 2:2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

The second coming of Christ is well defined:
Huh. Then you go on to quote verses that seem to say the opposite.

. . .you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
. . .the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
. . .for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
This quotation (below) is not about the second coming but was Peter on Pentecost explaining how the prophet spoke of that very day.

Acts 2:19-21 (NIV) "I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
He was telling people to be saved right now, and according to the story, a lot of people accepted Jesus and were baptized.
That verse from Hebrews I already discussed and it is not about Jesus moving from one place to another and is probably a picture story of people coming to see him in Heaven.
2 Peter, go ahead and have a field day because it does not even belong in the canon, being a later forgery.
Barnabas is not in a canon to start with, so I can ignore that, other than to say that is a forgery too. I can see how you get your philosophy of the end of the world from that fake letter, about the seven days of the week representing seven thousand years. So what do we get from that if we were to accept this anonymous letter as being genuine, that we have another four thousand years before Jesus returns?
edit on 2-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hm.

2000 years from Adam to Abraham
2000 years from Abraham to Jesus
1978-1980 years from Jesus to now (if Jesus was crucified in 33 A.D. its been 1978 years, if crucified in 35 A.D. since some say he wwas born in 2 B.C. it would be 1980 years later.

So in 22 years, the 6th day will have ended and the 7th day began? That what youre trying to say? Sounds close to Zecharia's prophecy of When Israel becomes a nation once more, which is thought to have happened in 1948 and that would leave 7 years until Christ's return as it is 63 years since 1948 and 7 is the number of completion. Oh good grief! This is confusing!

I am of the opinion he will return in the second coming in 7 years which puts us at the cusp of the rapture and the birth pains of the Great Tribulation, by my calculations.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

The second coming of Christ is well defined:
Huh. Then you go on to quote verses that seem to say the opposite.

. . .you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
. . .the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
. . .for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
This quotation (below) is not about the second coming but was Peter on Pentecost explaining how the prophet spoke of that very day.

Acts 2:19-21 (NIV) "I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord. And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
He was telling people to be saved right now, and according to the story, a lot of people accepted Jesus and were baptized.
That verse from Hebrews I already discussed and it is not about Jesus moving from one place to another and is probably a picture story of people coming to see him in Heaven.
2 Peter, go ahead and have a field day because it does not even belong in the canon, being a later forgery.
Barnabas is not in a canon to start with, so I can ignore that, other than to say that is a forgery too. I can see how you get your philosophy of the end of the world from that fake letter, about the seven days of the week representing seven thousand years. So what do we get from that if we were to accept this anonymous letter as being genuine, that we have another four thousand years before Jesus returns?

Sounds like that could happen in the year spanning september 2014 to september 2015 because there is supposed to be a tetrad that falls on the jewish feastdays and a solar eclipse. Could be the "appointed time"? Perhaps no one knows the hour or day the Lord returns because back in those times they did not have our technology and couldnt predict when tetrads and solar eclipses would happen. What we do now would be like prophecy to them in those times.
edit on 2-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sounds like that could happen in the year spanning september 2014 to september 2015 because there is supposed to be a tetrad that falls on the jewish feastdays and a solar eclipse. Could be the "appointed time"? Perhaps no one knows the hour or day the Lord returns because back in those times they did not have our technology and couldnt predict when tetrads and solar eclipses would happen. What we do now would be like prophecy to them in those times.

On that note it makes me wonder if when in The books of Daniel and Revelation in which it says the Lord will pour out his spirit and cause men and women to have prophecies, if he was talking about the technologies we have now in which people can predict the weather, the lunar and solar ecplises and that sort of thing? Gonna be awfully funny when we think it is all one way and it is something entirely different. Didn't God say somewhere that "your ways are not my ways, and your thoughts are not my thoughts"?
edit on 2-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Every 2000 years, mankind receives a step forward in the biblical timeline.

Adam to Noah is 2000 years (2 Days)
Noah to Jesus is 2000 years (2 Days)

At the end of four days, Jesus said, destroy this temple and I shall raise it up in three days.

Jesus to Today is (2 Days)

From Revelation, we know that the day of the Lord is the 2nd coming of Christ. We know that there will be a day of rest and it will last 1000 years. We know from scripture that a day is 1000 years to God. There is a Sabbath rest after 6 days. Barnabas was on the money.

You say Acts 2:19 is not speaking of the second coming. I say that the Day of the Lord is the second coming. It is the day that God reveals Himself to mankind and shows His glory as Satan is finally defeated. The day of rest will involve a time of peace before Satan is once again loosed and sent to the abyss. The Day of the Lord is only the single largest theme in the Bible next to Salvation, which is the work of the last age. As he says below, the great and glorious day of the Lord. A day is 1000 years. It is a rest period of peace after His enemies are His footstool. The rest of Revelation is about this day.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hm.

1978-1980 years from Jesus to now (if Jesus was crucified in 33 A.D. its been 1978 years, if crucified in 35 A.D. since some say he wwas born in 2 B.C. it would be 1980 years later.

So in 22 years, the 6th day will have ended and the 7th day began? That what youre trying to say? Sounds close to Zecharia's prophecy of When Israel becomes a nation once more, which is thought to have happened in 1948 and that would leave 7 years until Christ's return as it is 63 years since 1948 and 7 is the number of completion. Oh good grief! This is confusing!

I am of the opinion he will return in the second coming in 7 years which puts us at the cusp of the rapture and the birth pains of the Great Tribulation, by my calculations.

The first age must be marked by Noah's death. You can say Abraham and that's fine by the timing.

I pick 2015 as the date around the tetrad moon cycle that is coming on the feast dates of Israel. This is a rare event and will not happen again until many years later.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Hm.

A generation (Matthew 24 and the fig tree) is approximately 70 years. If you take 1948 and add 70, you get 2018. The Bible says that the generation that sees these things take place (1948) will see the Lord return. My father-in-law is 84 and would be the correct generation, as would we. God knows and we can only know the season. It is soon, this is for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You say Acts 2:19 is not speaking of the second coming. I say that the Day of the Lord is the second coming.
That's what I said.
I even got out my huge copy of Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament, G. Beale.
You can think whatever you want. You could give a rationale for why you think that.
So far you have a highly questionable document in the so-called "letter" of Barnabas about an allegorical meaning of the Sabbath. Jesus said he saw Satan fall like lightning, so I am not sure what defeat you are talking about in the future.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

A generation (Matthew 24 and the fig tree) is approximately 70 years. If you take 1948 and add 70, you get 2018. The Bible says that the generation that sees these things take place (1948) will see the Lord return. My father-in-law is 84 and would be the correct generation, as would we. God knows and we can only know the season. It is soon, this is for sure.

Yeah thats pretty much what i came up with taking Zecharia's prophecy into account. I guess we will know when that time comes in wether or not we were wrong about the timing.

Jesus told Peter the approximate season in which he would return, that being when there were strange and horrifying natural disasters, wild fires, floods, volcanic activies, and massive earthquakes of the nature that hasn't been seen by man before and signs in the heavens (space) with all this junk about some mysterious brown dwarf star coming to flirt with the earth on its eliptical orbit around the sun and the legend of the hopi "blue star kachina" and Yu55 may even be tied into this as well as the tetrad in 2014-2015 and its subsequent solar eclipse. The Ring of Fire is waking up and being beligerent. God awful quakes in turkey, japan, peru and many other places.

All that in tandem with the world economy in crisis and about to tank for the last time, wars and rumors of wars, the famines going down (africa) and the social upheavals and civil unrest going on across the entire world (OWS movements, civil wars in the middle east etc.). Were in for one hell of a ride because you have to admit that it is mighty strange for all this junk to be happening within the same time frame. I think were definately in the birth pains of the great tribulation.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you have to ask why Jesus comes twice then you read scripture. Ut evidently have no clue as to what you are reading . For God will send them strong delusion that they may believe a lie. Your there.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noey777

If you have to ask why Jesus comes twice then you read scripture. Ut evidently have no clue as to what you are reading . For God will send them strong delusion that they may believe a lie. Your there.
I know there are theories. Do you have one? If so, you should share but also give some sort of reason as to how someone else should come to that same conclusion.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yeah thats pretty much what i came up with taking Zecharia's prophecy into account. I guess we will know when that time comes in wether or not we were wrong about the timing.

Jesus told Peter the approximate season in which he would return, that being when there were strange and horrifying natural disasters, wild fires, floods, volcanic activies, and massive earthquakes of the nature that hasn't been seen by man before and signs in the heavens (space) with all this junk about some mysterious brown dwarf star coming to flirt with the earth on its eliptical orbit around the sun and the legend of the hopi "blue star kachina" and Yu55 may even be tied into this as well as the tetrad in 2014-2015 and its subsequent solar eclipse. The Ring of Fire is waking up and being beligerent. God awful quakes in turkey, japan, peru and many other places.

All that in tandem with the world economy in crisis and about to tank for the last time, wars and rumors of wars, the famines going down (africa) and the social upheavals and civil unrest going on across the entire world (OWS movements, civil wars in the middle east etc.). Were in for one hell of a ride because you have to admit that it is mighty strange for all this junk to be happening within the same time frame. I think were definately in the birth pains of the great tribulation.

And Jesus said, "Do not fear"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by Noey777

I know there are theories. Do you have one? If so, you should share but also give some sort of reason as to how someone else should come to that same conclusion.

Zechariah 9:9 talks of the first advent of Jesus and Zech.9:10 tells of the second . You speak of a theory of this return , the whole bible revolves around this theme , it is not a theory except to non believers and anti Semitics who manipulate certain verses of the bible to their view, ignoring subject and object.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have some theories regarding all this, and I'm considering posting about them later.

Like others, I feel the upcoming feast dates and eclipses are going to be important, but I see noone is factoring in that the days are definately going to be cut short. We are getting to a point (if we are not already there) where there is no more wiggle room.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Someone posted on the thread today, "Jesus is Never Coming Back in the Flesh", so I was able to find a post I made and was not sure even what thread I put it in. Here is the post, and there is one above and one below that are related.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I wanted was my translation of Acts 1:11 which some people like to use to show a connection with an OT prophecy of someone coming down from heaven onto the Mount of Olives.

Ye men of Galilee, who you have stood looking up to (going into heaven), this very Jesus, who was taken up into heaven, away from you, into heaven, in this way, will go (in that manner that you saw him go) into heaven.

This is a normal word-for-word translation of Acts 1:11, with two changes: one being switching, coming, with, going, since the Greek word can mean either, depending on the context. The second being my adding punctuation to help keep track of what is being said, and about who.
edit on 5-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Noey777

Zechariah 9:9 talks of the first advent of Jesus and Zech.9:10 tells of the second . You speak of a theory of this return , the whole bible revolves around this theme , it is not a theory except to non believers and anti Semitics who manipulate certain verses of the bible to their view, ignoring subject and object.
I read your post right after you posted it and I am not ignoring it as much as I am thinking about it. I have been reading some very good books that comment about these two verses so I could probably say something about it. I wanted to do some more study on it but it may be a long term sort of thing.
Maybe the important thing to start out with is that this section where the verses are found is not considered to be apocalyptic by the Bible scholars. It is an oracle concerning the political state of affairs which Judea found itself in at that time, which was the Persian Empire while Greece was resisting it, such as people now should know about it from the the movie, The 300.
The Gospels of John mentions the colt of a donkey but does not quote the following verse, meaning the verse in Zechariah that follows the mention of a king riding on a donkey.
I have a book that I recommend everyone buy, Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament by Beale and Carson. I just weighed my copy and it is practically five pounds. But I don't see that particular verse being directly quoted.
edit on 5-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
"For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

"For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day."

"Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen."

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join