It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters and semi-automatic weapons!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I'd prefer that they didn't turn hunting into a game of who can throw out a wall of lead the best, but yes if they want to shoot their autos, do it away from my house and I wouldn't be mad at them. I'd also prefer that if they hunted like that, they made very sure that they were actually shooting at a deer. My Dad's told me a million times, hunters like that have no clue what they're shooting at, so stay the heck away from them.

Ironic that my avatar has an AR-15 in it, isn't it? I just noticed that.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"stay away": I agree with your dad.

As to "ironic";Yes it is...

Though I'd be pissed in your situation too.....
Some people are just born "a-holes" and just grow bigger ;if it wasn't guns it'd be loud dirt bikes or atv's.and you;'d have the dirtbikers on here.

By all means get local law enforcement involved(after talking to the idjits): However; on another board I read of a land owner who bought A few acres in Montanna with the idea of being free to shoot on HIS PROPERTY he ran into new neighbor ( city imported liberals who were offended by guns in general) problems too.

Not accusing you of that!

But we all have to live together.As long as you are physically safe and projectiles are not entering your land. noise is certainly a nuisance but just a nuisance.

If there are bullet holes in your buildings its time for the county sheriffs to intercede on "Bo and Luke Duke..".
edit on 31-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Bottom line is that the folks that you are angry at are guilty of disturbing the peace....I live in a wooded rural area where there is lots of deer and wild hogs so it common to hear gunfire with people all around us sighting in their rifles and of course they have to shoot everything in their gun safes while they are at it.... As soon as Deer season opens all of their relatives from Dallas and Houston will show up and shooting at anything that moves... Last year I was out of town and got home after dark to find that my wife had left my Border Collie outside and I never saw him again.. It was a night with a full moon and either one of those things alone have been reason enough to keep my dog in the house.. As for semiautomatic firearms, I find it annoying when someone decides to play Rambo or John Wayne and raise a ruckus firing up a magazine as fast as they can... When I am taking a nap and 2 or more people are doing that at the same time it takes me back many years and miles away I'd like to avoid having thoughts about...... A powerful semiautomatic rifle is ideal for when you are needing to eradicate a mess of wild hogs.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Having read through this tread I really miss the point.
Sometimes people do things we don't like. That's life.
Only wicked governments actually try to make others do what "they" want.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

They are target practicing.
I myself have no problems with a person hunting with a weapon that is full auto, so long as they have it on semi at the time of the shot.
I don't wanna ban anything, that is how the ptb got their foot in the door to start.
Do your thing and lemme do mine, peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't see how what they are doing is illegal. How do you know for sure that they are firing "automatic weapons"? They could be quickly firing semi-auto rifles or shotguns at a high rate of speed. Regardless, unless they are outside of the noise ordinance in your city, they are not breaking any laws. Last time I checked, there are no laws anywhere in the nation that state how many rounds per second that one can discharge when shooting a firearm. Why do you honestly care of the ethics behind how whatever they are shooting at is killed. Seriously, this is probably the silliest thing I have ever heard. Regardless if they shoot it 10 times or 1 time, as long as they don't let it suffer inhumanely, why do you honestly care. You are probably the same kind of person that sends "loud dog, bad neighbor" notices in the mail with no return address.

Also quite Ironic that you are jabbering on about banning automatic firearms, yet your profile picture is of a leather clad bad ass action hero wannabee chick brandishing a shiny AR-15. HMMMMM.
edit on 31-10-2011 by beautyndissonance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the laws up there in the baby nation but I know in Europe we barely hunt with semi simply because it's redicilious to do so.
Here we always joke how Americans hunt with 40 caliber or machine guns and it seems like there's a point of truth to the jokes.
People HUNTING with those rifles just lack critical thinking and do it for the kicks and being part of the 'cool guys'.

It's not the gun that kills but the person behind it. If # happens in the baby nation almost everybody will be armed and it will be one big slaughter because many of them lacked critical thinking. Here we barely have guns because people often crack and go on a spree and we don't like it when they have access to guns. I wonder what the murder rate with fire arms in America are in comparison to ours?!

Now back to the OP. I understand the OP's frustration and it IS completely legit and valid. It's just bull# to protect and defend the right to having easy access to ending lifeforms in any way or potential way.
edit on 31/10/11 by novuslibertas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Sounds like a gun range rather than a hunting trip. Hey even us private citizens need a place to train to defend this countries from enemies foreign and domestic. I can imagine repeated auto and semi-auto fire can get annoying if you are not the one on the range.

But if you`re against these kinds of weapons why does the girl in your pic have a M-16/AR-15 on her back?
Sounds more like a rant than anything having to do with survival.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by novuslibertas

Never miss a chance to bash America do you?
2nd

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

They are HUNTERS not SOLDIERS. You see? What is a hunter's role in defending a nation? Hunters kill ANIMALS not HUMANS.

This is what I mean with critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by novuslibertas

They are HUNTERS not SOLDIERS. You see? What is a hunter's role in defending a nation? Hunters kill ANIMALS not HUMANS.

This is what I mean with critical thinking.

That's the thing about actually owning a fire-arm. the Possessor can be either. He chooses, and not the government. A hunter becomes a soldier when he organizes. A soldier becomes a hunter when he pursues animals as a food source (which soldiers are taught to do,as part of survival training.)

Baby country is a funny term, considering that your own state has to completely rebuild under a figurehead monarch every time an invader hits the reset button.

The Habsburgs, the French, Napoleon, HItler....... Each of them has hit the reset button. Funny how your critical thinking doesn't seem to spend much time on that.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
pump, bolt or lever action for hunting. If they cant make a clean one shot kill with one of those they shouldnt be hunting.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

Baby nation history wise my friend.

You hit the nail on its head; people choose whether they are hunters and soldiers so do psychopaths and the retarded. Those people also have easier access to these rifles.
A traditional hunter stays a hunter unless he's been to a front. You can't train for the effects of war; you'll have to experience.

@UP:
Exactly. Stars for you.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by novuslibertas

How do you know they are hunters specically? In the milita we are both hunters and soldiers, the skills we learn while hunting the stealthy movments, the way you move thruogh the terrain, how you read the land to track animals works equally well in guerrilla type combat. Not all americans are the john wayne, clint eastwood, cowboy types shooting at everything that moves, drinking moonshine in overalls without shoes, playing a banjo with 3 strings and missing teeth.
You keep on believing the bs you think you know about us in the USA, we dont always have the best solutions to everyones problems, but dammit at least we try while so many around the world sit there with their hands out asking for more. I wonder how many countries would fall apart if the U.S. cut off their aid.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I posted it in the weaponry forum and it got moved. It's not a firing range where they were, it's behind my house. I've said it a few times now, these guys are a menace to the community. This year, I'm not being friendly anymore. I'll be dumping roofing nails over my property lines, in case these guys try to drive their ATV on my land again without asking. I guess two can play at the doing things you don't like game?

This is exactly how it always ends up when it comes to these types. You treat them well, you be friendly, then they walk all over you.

Someone mentioned that these guys are rednecks. No, they're really not. More like redneck posers. A redneck can kill a deer per day, these morons never get a deer. I've watched/asked them about it. They never get anything. When they do get one, they tie it to their hood and drive around in circles to show everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The results of yet Another great anti-gun troll thread:

I suggest you remove any"badass with an ar15" references from your avatar. It's the same "tacti-cool bad ass image" sought by halfwits with evil black rifles; you are ranting on about here.

The smarmy Europeans have been drawn out of the wood work ;to weigh in: I.e. " you Americans are all "rambos"; are just stupid;tacky and tasteless (... no"style" using that particular machine.(?)).
"We" are therefore "superior ": neener-neener"... You enjoy that justification...(whatever it does for you);we are snickering over here.

Semi-automatics are perfectly legal modern tools(as are 200mph super bikes and 150 mph cars). Fully automatic weapons can be legally owned with the appropriate paperwork.
Fully automatics are involved in so little crime I don't even think it's statistically measurable by the FBI.

A semi- automatic allows for a faster second shot without disturbing the sight picture( disturbing the gun from your shoulder to manipulate the pump/lever or bolt). Even faster yet is a "double barrel" firearm of some kind.

Individual "hunting" ethics are just that. Something that comes from inside the individual: Good luck trying to legislate that( "your" idea of good hunting ethics).

"Slob hunters" seem to reflect "poorly" on all shooters (fact of life). Shooting enthusiasts of all walks have a responsibility to our sport to weed the idiots out.

I hereby abdicate the soap box... I have no more to "preach" about:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
The results of yet Another great anti-gun troll thread:

I suggest you remove any"badass with an ar15" references from your avatar. It's the same "tacti-cool bad ass image" sought by halfwits with evil black rifles; you are ranting on about here.

The smarmy Europeans have been drawn out of the wood work ;to weigh in: I.e. " you Americans are all "rambos"; are just stupid;tacky and tasteless (... no"style" using that particular machine.(?)).
"We" are therefore "superior ": neener-neener"... You enjoy that justification...(whatever it does for you);we are snickering over here.

Semi-automatics are perfectly legal modern tools(as are 200mph super bikes and 150 mph cars). Fully automatic weapons can be legally owned with the appropriate paperwork.
Fully automatics are involved in so little crime I don't even think it's statistically measurable by the FBI.

A semi- automatic allows for a faster second shot without disturbing the sight picture( disturbing the gun from your shoulder to manipulate the pump/lever or bolt). Even faster yet is a "double barrel" firearm of some kind.

Individual "hunting" ethics are just that. Something that comes from inside the individual: Good luck trying to legislate that( "your" idea of good hunting ethics).

"Slob hunters" seem to reflect "poorly" on all shooters (fact of life). Shooting enthusiasts of all walks have a responsibility to our sport to weed the idiots out.

I hereby abdicate the soap box... I have no more to "preach" about:

Those performance vehicles are only legal when used responsibly. Same with the guns.

I like my avatar and intend to keep it. Nothing wrong with using AR-15s responsibly.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

OK i understand now. I know the types you`re talking about.

Maybe some well placed fishing line across some of their trails, but you dont want to go provoking if they could think it was you. Get some pictures or video or some kind of proof they were doing this on your property would probably be a better idea.

Or dig a trench across their ATV trails and cover it with leaves, make it look natural.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

I`ll drink to that.
2nd

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Not me and I hope the shooters keep on shooting. Oh yeah don't go looking for help from the one you gripe about. At least they can defend and protect themselves as well as feed their family.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join