It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters and semi-automatic weapons!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What is with these people? They've been target practicing all morning with semi-automatic weapons and it's not even hunting season yet! Do they really need to practice unloading the gun over and over? Is it really necessary to even have a semi-automatic gun for hunting? I say we ban the auto crap and make these fools hunt with pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles! It would save them money, and give the animals a chance! Who's with me?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The reason why they practice so much is because they want a one shot one kill method. This is something every hunter should strive for because it's wrong to shoot and wound a animal just to have it suffer before it dies simply because the person with the weapon has no idea how to use it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

A lot of people don't hunt for the food, or for a trophy. They hide behind "hunting" and use it as an excuse to shoot guns and destroy a life. I'm not saying everyone. Just some.

Some people, oddly enough, enjoy killing animals. Especially if they get to play with the "cool guns" they've seen on their favorite action movie.

Sad but true.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I'm confused, your title says "automatic" and the thread says "semi automatic" so which one is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think we need to avoid more laws that limit gun use and types of guns we are allowed to own... I think most people know that automatic weapons registered for "hunting" are not for that purpose it just makes it legal to have one... they are there for when SHTF

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Unless you're talking about hunting down our fellow human, then it's not only OK but preferred. Make it even sweeter by throwing in women, kids and men with little to no training and inferior weapons, hoorah. The animals and wasted ammo from semi-auto fire is somewhere down on my list of concerns next to testing the brakes on my truck by intentionally almost getting into an accident.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually no, they're shooting semi-auto shotguns with a full unplugged magazine over and over. I didn't realize it at he time, but it's illegal to hunt that way in this state. They're not carefully aiming each shot, they're firing the whole magazine off as fast as they can pull the trigger. I'd call the game warden, but he's not going to check everyone's gun when hunting season starts.

This is probably what he's shooting. It's illegal without a magazine plug for hunting. You get three shots and that's it. He's unloading a full five each time.

DC, it's not against the law to own it, or even use it without a plug, but if you're caught in the woods with it during hunting season without a plug, then it's against the law.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think posters should a) use the proper forum for their RANTS, b) learn the difference between semi-auto and full auto and c) quit worrying about everyone else.

I've hunted with a SEMI AUTOMATIC AR-10. So what? Why own multiple rifles when one performs multiple functions?

You control freaks need to get lives.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
guns are fun to shoot ur not paying for the bullets and its the middle of the day... you should not be so worried about what they are doing bro
sounds like ur jealous just go out there and ask if you can shoot a few rounds.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

To be honest I'd rather not shoot around someone that's trying to spray with a shotgun.
If you wanna spray, go buy an AK-47, otherwise leave WW3 and hunting as two separate events.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Lol the Auto "crap" is banned: en.wikipedia.org...

Ah Nvm, just caught up reading the rest of the thread. For Hunting purposes I agree, pump or bolt action only.
edit on 10/30/2011 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
They are just target shooting, which is perfectly legal. Semi Automatic gun laws only pertain to hunting.

You are making a big deal out of nothing.

And how do you know they took the plug out of the magazine tube?

Personally, I use a semi-automatic Springfield M1A when I go hunting. I happen to prefer it over a bolt action.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
What is with these people? They've been target practicing all morning with semi-automatic weapons and it's not even hunting season yet! Do they really need to practice unloading the gun over and over? Is it really necessary to even have a semi-automatic gun for hunting? I say we ban the auto crap and make these fools hunt with pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles! It would save them money, and give the animals a chance! Who's with me?

Dude I hate to break it to you but most people do use pump shot guns and bolt action rifles. What makes you think they are using autos when you CLEARLY (bold) state that they are using semi auto. Have you ever been hunting before? Its not about going out and killing everything that moves. Its about going out with family and friends and enjoying a nice hunt throughout the day. Opening weekend here in South Dakota we were down on the farm with my family and a group of us around 15 people. All with guns walking the fields and having a great time. None of us had Automatic's we all had either pump action or the gun I was using was a single shot .410. Its called target practice and its fun to shoot guns why are you so mad? Did they wake you up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Grow up dude life isnt always going to go your way.

Thanks Again

PS. my plug I have used in the past has been nothing more then a Stick or a pencil it really doesnt matter I am sure they put their plugs back in when they actually go out to hunt!
edit on 30-10-2011 by cav01c14 because: added my PS. comment

edit on 30-10-2011 by cav01c14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

If you want to shoot all 5 shots, you have to remove the plug. With the plug in place, you're limited to only three shots. I'm just going to let the authorities know that they're using it like that to practice, and that they might consider actually checking the legality of the guns this season. I've met these so called hunters, they all use semi-autos, and I bet they're all unplugged too.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Sounds to me like they're having fun.

Why would you want to spoil someone's fun?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Tell them to buy a silencer no wait government knows best makes it take 4 to 6 months to even get one and then local laws apply.

Firearm training is nothing new while there are some who just do like to "play" many others train,train,tran and it does take training to get to that "one shot one kill" and it also takes training to be combat effective.

You just can't go to a range or wherever shoot a few rounds and think you will be good to go for any given situation.

Sometimes it sucks but it won't suck so much for them if their lives are in danger and they are up to the situation.
edit on 30-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
you are either bored or an instigator,if i owned this sight i would be tempted to delete your thread.full auto and semiauto are the cheapest insurance on the planet against tyranny.if you dont like them you could always move to a third world country like new jersey or california.the only occupy movements not being harassed are the liberal gun states.those gunshots you hear are the sounds of freedom and liberty and you should go join them in celebration.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Because filling the air with lead less than 200 feet from my house is a problem for me.
I called the Sheriff, they're not aloud to discharge their guns so close to my house. It's against the law. It's also not the first complaint he's had in the area. If they were in the country, I wouldn't care. This isn't the country though, it's a housing development with a power line access road about 200 feet behind my house, and that's where they're shooting. Well, problem solved!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by TDawgRex

Because filling the air with lead less than 200 feet from my house is a problem for me.
I called the Sheriff, they're not aloud to discharge their guns so close to my house. It's against the law. It's also not the first complaint he's had in the area. If they were in the country, I wouldn't care. This isn't the country though, it's a housing development with a power line access road about 200 feet behind my house, and that's where they're shooting. Well, problem solved!

See you failed to mention that part of it....Of course you can not discharge a firearm that close to houses and in city limits for that matter. So why all the anti hunter BS if that was all that was bothering you??? You are a troll trying to get others to argue with you and you dont even put out all the facts.

Again GROW UP DUDE

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

I didn't know it was against the law until I called someone. We aren't within city limits, but evidently there's still a law against it. Something to think about before you assume that being beyond city limits means you can do whatever you want.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join