It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters and semi-automatic weapons!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
How do you know they are practicing for hunting?

I shoot guns, and Im not a hunter... Why can't they just be shooting for target practice, and why does the plug matter if they aren't hunting at that moment? It's not a hard thing to take out and put back int after all.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

They own the farm land surrounding several housing developments, and roads with houses on them. They own small strips of woods between their fields and the houses, they hunt in there which according to the Sheriff is too close to be legal. They always claim that the only reason they go in the woods, is to get the dogs. If you've ever dealt with "those guys" that hunt like that, you know exactly the type I'm talking about.

I don't have to let any of them through my land, at all. They don't really ask, and I've always let them go through even when I've confronted them so that they don't lose their dogs. My kindness on the issue has ran out though.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

They do it every year right before season. They normally do not park and shoot by my house though. It's the same guys that are always in the woods playing Rambo.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

ah thank you for the information i had a guy bag a deer on my land last week but he had started hunting in the government land that borders my property so he had shot it with a bow and it had run and died on my property but he did knock on my door and ask if it was ok to drive his truck in to pick it up and was very polite so it wasent an issue for me just glad i was not shooting that day good to know if i dont want visitors put up some signs

edit(for my own curiosity any ways)why such hostility against semi automatic weapons for hunting i mean if your hunting ethically or at least trying it should ideally take only one shot to take down game so why would it matter what kind of gun you use as long as you use one shot,let alone if hunting dangerous game i would want to beable to put it down as fast as possible if it charged or what not but thats just me and more of a question then a statement as im kinda curious
edit on 30-10-2011 by KilrathiLG because: ask a ?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
What is with these people? They've been target practicing all morning with semi-automatic weapons and it's not even hunting season yet! Do they really need to practice unloading the gun over and over? Is it really necessary to even have a semi-automatic gun for hunting? I say we ban the auto crap and make these fools hunt with pump action shotguns and bolt action rifles! It would save them money, and give the animals a chance! Who's with me?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

You are akin to the mentality in the UK just prior to the 1988 weapons ban after the hungerford spree killing.
The dinosaur sport-shooters basically s*it-canned the semi-auto guys by saying owning semi-auto centre fire guns was unsuitable.
So guess what? The government banned them all!

I think semi-auto arms are well-handy and the more hunters having them responsibly the better.
Bolt actions are great, so are semi-auto's.

I say you need to take a chill pill and let the hunters be men not chided subjects.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I say a bolt action with a real shooter using it is more effective than a retard clearing a magazine over and over behind my house.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't hunt. I would if needed and love venician. I only use my semi auto at the range. Only some states allow hunting with an assault rifle. PA not being one.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I say a bolt action with a real shooter using it is more effective than a retard clearing a magazine over and over behind my house.

So do I but ease up on the anti-semi-auto bs and people might give you an easier time.
Your attitude stinks btw.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuspy
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Going to shooting range is a must do thing for ethical hunters, as we want to be able to kill our prey with one single shot and instantaneously, to avoid the animal to suffer.

Hunting with semi-auto rifles is a disgusting thing, no ethical and for that motive, where hunt has traditions and values it is also forbidden by law.
As I know in USA is allowed.. but what they know about moral and style?

Your country (assuming you are from Hungary) isn't exactly comparable to a more western one like the USA is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

My attitude is great. You don't see the reason why I'm angry. If you lived here you'd know why. The Sheriff told me that last year they found bullet holes in houses. They're too close, and they need to find somewhere else to hunt.

These kids run around every year, shooting every which way, running over people's property, digging ruts and slinging mud like they own all the land. They don't, they're too close, and they're going to move. I'm not going to fear stray bullets in my rural home.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Spraying a semi at a deer (during hunting season) sounds like a good time. Although, more hunters are apt. to use a one shot kill method. One, because it's more humane. Two, because it's more bad ass to get a one shot kill. And that's what I aim for. (pun-intended)
edit on 30-10-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's pretty clear that the primary frustration is the nuisance of them shooting in an inappropriate location. Personally, I'd contact law enforcement (which the OP did); in my experience, rude people are looking to piss off the neighbors in the first place, which is why they do such things.

Most jurisdictions have a number of descriptors that limit where you can shoot. In Tx, cities some counties can outlaw the discharge of a firearm on any property of less than ten acres.

Personally, I don't deer hunt with a shotgun. But I know it's legal lots of places. Here, magazine capacity is irrelevant except for shooting federal birds. Every time I've been migratory bird hunting, I was inspected to see if I had a plug in my shotgun. The game wardens are fine with you using a pencil, corn cob, or other found object, as long as the gun has to be completely unloaded and the magazine opened to install/uninstall it. Basically, so that if you change your quarry, you have to change your magazine.

I don't own a semi-auto shotgun. I can pump mine faster than a semi-auto cycles. As far as rifles go, I don't like bolt actions because they hang so easily.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Might just be me, but shouldn't this be in the "Rant" forum?

2nd.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They may not be hunters. I am big into guns, and I don't hunt. I do not think anyone should kill an animal unless it is absolutely necessary. But, being an avid shooter, it is still annoying when other people are annoying you by shooting, when you are trying to do something else. I feel ya on that one.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Makes no sense at all. I dont think you know any thing about guns. Your complaining that its used for hunting? You know, guns are not just for hunting.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i doubt a deer notices it was shot with a remington bolt action hunting rifle or an ak-47.

what's the difference what you used to kill it. if you enjoy hunting with a sub-machine go for it. but spraying uncontrolled or unaimed bullets into a forest could put other hunters in hazard.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i doubt a deer notices it was shot with a remington bolt action hunting rifle or an ak-47.

what's the difference what you used to kill it. if you enjoy hunting with a sub-machine go for it. but spraying uncontrolled or unaimed bullets into a forest could put other hunters in hazard.

That's another part of my/our problem with them. Around here during hunting season someone could get hurt badly. That's why I think/hope the Sheriff and the game warden are going to crack down on them this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

Around here it's one family, and the whole community can't stand them. Every hunting season, you honestly could not tell if we're getting invaded or they're just hunting. I've approached the young guys, which are the ones making everyone mad, and they won't speak about it. I've met the older brothers that own the farmland, and they say that they're just having fun and not endangering anyone. They basically surround the housing development on all sides with land and feel like we're more of an obstacle in their hunting, than a community.

If I really wanted to be mean about it, I could tell them to stop trespassing to get their dogs. This year I think I will.

I hunt; I am a single shot or bolt action kinda 'guy; I am also "mature" ( a.k.a. over 50 and ex-military Qualified with the m-16; mp-5; mp5k;1911; m9 12ga;i.e.my share of interesting hardware ).Even Spent a few enjoyable hours today focusing on my fundamentals( breathing an trigger squeeze) punching holes in paper with a semi-auto rifle!Nirvanna! Eventually most gun folks grow out of the "tatcti-cool" displays.Banging away with semi's making more dirt fly and noise than holes in targets..

and then ... some people are just a "A**-holes"!

(it's why I spend time in the woods or otherwise away and alone in this "loud""in your face society").

..Big thing is: It's not the machinery! I feel the same way every time some inconsiderate douche bag tosses a fast food bag out his car window.Do I want to ban :"mc d's" ? NO.

edit on 30-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Obviously.
How the heck do you think I know what an auto-5 is? My Dad uses one and I know what it sounds like when you're trying to be cool! My Dad only fires his gun like that away from people, and only when he wants to show a friend how fast he can empty it. Doing that kind of thing near houses is both annoying and irresponsible imo.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Great so we agree you've got a bunch of inconsiderate"redneck"(?) azzholes on your hands?

Advocating banning their noise makers is just "anti-gun trolling".
Actually if some idiot( third world or otherwise) cracks off a bunch of indiscriminate "rapid fire you are probably relatively
safe...its the slow determined aimed fire that kills you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join