It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In sleep, why don't we dream of other worlds?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LionOfMu

Very interesting report, thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've only had one dream where I was some place else. I personally believe it was an astral travel/dream but it was the only time I have seen any place other than this planet in dreams.

I was on a giant asteroid that had a group of dragons on it. I was brought to the head dragon and I was "inspected" and then told I was changing from a class 1 to a class 2 medium, which was really strange. Shortly after this experience and a couple of others in the waking world, I became able to see the spirit world a little better.
*shrug*

Wild experience to me personally. But the dream was of an asteroid with beings living on it.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Congrats on your promotion.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Have had several off world dreams, thing is they never seem like dreams but alternate realities.

Good idea this thread.

Planet of the Masters my favorite and what I shoot for in the next.
edit on 31-10-2011 by antar because: inthe

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember a quite traumatizing dream in the "underworld", in a deep and gigantic underground military base populated with aliens and humans. It was completely another world.

edit on 31-10-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I have and do quite often! Actually, I think I dream more of alternate realities, to be honest. It's another version of me, living a life that is completely foreign. But I HAVE traveled off world in my dreams....literally, I've traveled through the stars, but that experience is completely different than viewing surroundings through the eyes of another me somewhere.

I've often wondered if others experience the same. There are things I've seen in dreams that don't exist on Earth.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Gseven because: content

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have had dreams from traveling the entire universe as a single soul and seeing it all...to exploring other planets and being with other beings that are NOT or human origin. I have also had dreams of being in other peoples bodies...come to find out it wasnt a dream..it was a real event. weirdest thing ive ever experienced.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have dreams of other worlds. I have dreams of being other people and I have had dreams where I was everyone in the dream all at once. that was interesting. I have had dreams where I wasnt even human or incarnated in the a physical relm.

I think it depends on the person and how in touch with dreaming they are. I focus on my dreams so I remember more of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have dreamt of other worlds or being in space although I read a lot of sci fi an also watch similar type films.So that may influence my dreams.Ive also experienced dreams were I had no idea whom or where I was an even more freaky.Dreams where I didnt know where I was or who or what I was ..An by that I mean no idea wether I was animal mineral vegitable or other???

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The basic explanation to your question is: "We've only experienced our own world." But, it's not that simple, really, because how do we know that what is in our dreams is NOT of another dimension or planet?

I dream of other worlds, other lifetimes, being other people very frequently. I have not experienced or seen all of the things I have seen in my dreams in the waking world.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Where did you get this idea that people don't dream of other worlds?

Is it just your own experience?

I don't have a lot of dreams, but most of them have been other-worldly.

Since dreaming is usually a non-directed spontaneous activity, there is a lot of room in dreaming to "get creative."

But the sharpest dreams I have had have been of other places, other times.

Do you expect those places to be fantastic or beautiful, the way some people describe the "other side?"

Mine weren't. If anything, those places were even more horrendous than earth has been. It has not been a happy descent for most of us. But the only environment in which that amnesia which hides all that former pain from us (as well as the joys and the love) is the dream state. Unless you are on the ball enough to get yourself some auditing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i once dreamt i was vacationing on venus, I was on a lovely viranda overlooking a meteor battered canyon.
it was really nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join