It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by heckyeah

I am done trying to explain my point better. If you meditate on this subject, for me its good enough

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Less happy, more happy, always happy.
Why cant only be a happymetter?
Tell me one good reason.
If we want, there is only one scale to measure how we feel and it goes from 1 to infinite, always happy.
Less happy, more happy, always happy.
Why not?
To not be happy is lack of intelligence, its stupid, its dumb, we have been deceived, life doesn't have to be always up and downs. Its like that if we let happiness depend on events that we cant control 100%, like health, money, sex, beauty, cars, career, whatever, there are endless temporary, uncontrollable sources of happiness/light/positive energy (joy, security, love, pleasure, all the positive emotions).
They are false light sources because they always end, leaving us in the darkness suffering, like a drug addict without dope.
But our feelings don't really depend on outside forces because they are ours, its emotions, positive emotions.
Why cant we control our emotions? I can, we can. But i didn't know that, i wasn't aware. I do now, its a fact, its not a belief.
I believe the great illuminated ones knew this but they left the earth, they finished this game (some are here helping, but are a minority)
Whats left is a collective of dumb people who believe that to feel good they need things outside of themselves that never last... And we look around and everyone is like that. The ones that became emotionally free left the earth, they don't need this game anymore, they graduated. So we believe life is like this. We have been like this. Its time to stop this stupid wheel, always running in the same place, because we don't learn!
Its time we end this and be free, its time we feel good just because we want, because we can, its our emotions, we control them.
Why do we let people and all kinds of events and things that we cant control rule our emotions? Its slavery, its emotional slavery, until we rise up and claim full control of our emotions we will never be free.
Its not this bad world, or them, or her, or the banksters, its not god or bad luck, its we, can we rule your emotions?
Sure we can.
Maybe not now, but if we create that habit of not being dependent of the outside, it will defeat the old habit of letting other forces rule our emotions.
The mind works with habits, we can create an habit of full control of our emotions, if we watch our emotions and just control them.
The new good habit will take over, and once it does, its easy, you start being always happy, sometimes more, sometimes less, but always happy. Don't give up in the process believing your old habit cant be thrown away. It can.
Take back your emotional power and be free. Start now.
Less happy, more happy, but always happy
(i know this is comic)
Why not?
This is when you transcend duality, the up and down game is duality.
When there is only positive emotions its because we are in the unconditional love for life, there is no duality anymore.
We lived the dark then the light, over and over again, but its time to stop this and stay on the light and end this game!!

edit on 29-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

your right and wrong at the same time i do agree with you but as the guy below your post said the yin requires the yang. true happiness/peace is not the absence of chaos and abundance of happiness, true happiness/peace is when even times and your surroundings are at the climax of chaos, you are still at peace and accepting and forgiving within yourself. that is true happiness.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Oracle

Originally posted by Frira

reply to post by Frira

Frira wrote:

Gee. You must be in love.

Here is your one good reason:

* Suffering.

Others do it even if you do not.

What you need is a good dose of reality to open your eyes. The death of a best friend often does that for me; but for most humans even a good house fire destroying a complete stranger's hopes, dreams and memories can help.

Where is my stuffed Eeyore when I need it?

Nothing can control my feelings if i don't want to. Maybe i want to feel bad sometimes to know how it feels, to empathize, but its not really a bad feeling because you are trying to understand someone, you are doing good, and although you feel what others feel, it feel right inside, you feel good at a very deep level because its a good cause.
Its like a pregnant woman giving birth, it hurts but feels great because even hurting, she is doing something great.

Don't take this personally, but if you think you have control over your feelings, you are delusional.

Your examples were about empathy-- but not your own suffering, not your pain, not your own grief.

How are things in make-believe land?
edit on 30-10-2011 by Frira because: trying to get my original post back in fro context

I think the op meant it in the way that you have control over how you react and deal with those feelings.

Yes. As the OP clarified.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonautix

When you are peaceful in the chaos, what type of feeling are you feeling? Is it a dark feeling? Or a light feeling?
Thats my point, to transcend duality is to stop being at the mercy of the dark forces (negative emotions) and keep a consistent good vibration, no matter what life and other people try to make you feel!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Couldn't agree more. As a practitioner of Zen, I can relate personally to the fact that indeed, balance is key. Balance in posture is the key to balance in mind... balance in mind equals balance in experience... balance in experience equals balance in life.

That said, I understand that happiness can be an imbalance of sorts, or at least grasping and depending on it can be. Buddhists avoid any excessive joy or despair, but yet the idea of being neither hot nor cold in your Way is essential. Basically this means "be as you are," or "do what you are doing."

I have been researching ELEs, UFOs, NWO, etc, etc for some years now, and I have experienced choking despair and anxiety, lost sleep and neglect for myself and others in my "quest for truth." On the same token, I have also felt a sense of superiority to "mainstream" thinkers, as well as the joy of seeing into the endless possibilities of our times and universe. In short, my ignorance as terrified as well as encouraged me, but to what end?

In those times, I had no composure. I had no balance. I would sit up for nights on end watching Youtube, scouring the net for confirmations of theories I had latched onto, denials of the "normal story," and thus down the rabbit hole. Granted, I learned a lot. However, I also wasted a real portion of my very life in despair over what may very well amount to be nothing short of fictions.

Now, back to balance. If indeed we are living in an "end-time," then balance should naturally be very hard to maintain. Right now our planetary systems of temperature, weather, orbit, etc etc... are seemingly in the middle of a massive fishtail. Partnering this with the global instabilities in the human sectors of religion, politics, economy, etc; one can easily intuit that we actually are in a very special and troubling moment. We are being pulled harder and harder in jutting directions, some like heavy anchors binding us to tradition, while others are rocket ships dragging us at light speed into theories and realms of thought both too lofty for use and too huge for definition. All the while, efforts are made in every outlet to either numb us with entertainment and convenience, or to cripple us with paralyzing fear.

So, its hard to keep your balance when in an unfamiliar situation, such as our current times. However... in reality, EVERYTHING is unfamiliar and familiar at once. No one has ever existed in a time other than the one they are in.
Therefore, it is only within the backdrop of IMBALANCE that we can attain any BALANCE. It takes a very special effort to become balanced. It is the effort of no effort.

So, my point I guess is to illustrate that one must become aware of the imbalance in life and the world in order to truly balance oneself.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately there is no such thing as a purely peaceful place. There is always good and evil. It is an everlasting balance - Yin and Yang

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Probably the biggest reason why we shouldn't be happy is becuase of how sick we are. I have even asked doctors and counselors this question. Are too many people today sick? They all agree it is staggering. The reason we are sick is because of DNA manipulation that was done to us back in biblical times for punishments. We have the DNA results and its clear we have over 4 thousand gross defects. Its explained as nothing short of cruelty. No one ever pondered the idea that God lived by his word, and each one of those punishments we are living with today.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

At one time in my life I would have said there is no reason to not be happy...but life has changed a great deal for me since I woke up in the hospital a quadripelegic. I studied philosophy, buddhism, and meditation prior to this and now cannot find any need for them. Every dream is gone, and my life has become torture. When I can privately and more importantly effectively kill myself I plan to. So there is one reason I won't be happy the rest of my life

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CrippledAhole

Im sorry for you...i wish you the best!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is a beautiful thought and idea, and one I would be happy (no pun intended) to entertain. But there's one problem with it, much as I wish it weren't so. Suppose I walk up to you and start sticking a knife in you somewhere and twisting it. Are you going to simply not feel that? Write it off as simply being "less happy?" (I'll say! Lol.) Have you transcended duality and the ego/self to the extent that you are incapable of feeling pain? If so, you're a master far beyond any I've ever heard of or encountered.

I agree with the concept of shaping one's perception of reality to result in some degree of happiness regardless of temporary and/or illusory circumstances. But sometimes things happen beyond our control, and our primitive mortal biology responds as it was designed to. With pain.

That doesn't mean we aren't capable of finding ways to cope with pain and to still find happiness. Indeed, it's essential that we do in my opinion. But sometimes pain can overwhelm our ability to find the calm center necessary to do that. At least in my experience.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 10/30/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I felt like I understood what you were saying early so admit I didn't finish reading it but I want to ask what you think about the idea that there is something to learn from each emotional state of being and sometimes it can be beneficial to have had some notches on your belt for times of sadness....life experience and all that....

-TF

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

# dude that sucks.....
Nothing I can say will make you feel better and I hope you find something in your life to make you keep going.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThoughtForms

Negative feelings arise, we should turn them into positive ones.
Example: I am jealous of a friend that got promoted. I say: Dam i am jealous, cant believe i am jealous (awareness) Thats why i was thinking of not calling him to say congratulations. Thats so stupid, i should be happy for him. Get over it.
Once you got aware and you rationalized it, you make a choice to not continue with it, it lost all its power, so now i feel happy for him and i am going to call him and say congratulations, doing the right thing.

In this example i am in control of my emotions, i transform them.

From darkness to light.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

All things exist in the now, there is no such thing as "latter" or "at a latter date" or "maybe" or "maybe tomorrow" or "if I do this, I will achieve this" or "if I do this, I will get this" All that exists, is in the now and exists now. The present is the only thing that can be said to truly exist some say. Can anybody even the smartest and brightest amongs't you say without a doubt. That the future, and the past, really existed or that it will exist? For every time and way that they try, or can think of trying.

They will always end up in the "now" in the "present"

Even when they get to that future that they envision or can think of envisioning, it will still be in the present that they will get there. Even with all the time in the world, nothing really exists completely but what exists in the "now"

To wait for something, or play games to achieve something or to get something by playing games, is a game for children. But hey! were all children believe it or not. So the best you can do is have or make better games...at least for now, and a long time to come most likely. Presently what we are is but children.

Happiness is like that, and can be like that, but alas it takes a lifetime if not more, for us to discover that, if we discover it at all.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

Oh I can tell you many, many reasons why....But I don't want to ruin your party...Because your right, just as much as you are wrong.....But I agree with you...Love and peace..... Interesting thread.
edit on 30-10-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't know anything about anyone else and their motivations or their lives that would lead them to not be happy all of the time. I certainly wish more people could be happier. I do however know that I am happy even when I feel other emotions. I can feel sadness, but still be a happy person. I find peace in my life, the choices I have made and where I am. I am happy, I am at peace and I find joy in all things in my life. Through death, sorrow and loss I remain happy because I do not believe that this physical life is all there is. I am happy because all things, all people, all situations in my life have brought lessons, experiences and growth. Even what is seemingly negative has positive within it at some level.

I am who and what I choose to be, my circumstances do not define me. There for I am happy because I have chosen to be.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by supine

actually fear induces an adrenaline rush that causes you to be more focused, more accurate and more in the here and now, thus reacting to a situation without thought of consequence.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Tax, frostbite and cellphone bills.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Through death, sorrow and loss I remain happy because I do not believe that this physical life is all there is. I am happy because all things, all people, all situations in my life have brought lessons, experiences and growth. Even what is seemingly negative has positive within it at some level.

I'm happy that you have managed to stay happy despite what you may have gone through in your life...but i think your stretching things when you say that what seems negative has some positive behind it. I fear that you may not have truly experienced some of the "negative" things that others have experienced.. and to say there is always something positive in a situation may seem very cruel . The doctor who experienced the home invaders come into his home tie up his family , then burn the house , while he managed to escape...might be hard pressed to find the "positive" in that negative event.

I'll always remember him being on Oprah, and Oprah asking him what he had learned from the experience...like she was some Guru of taking every experience and learning some fantastic spiritual lesson from it. The look on his face was that of disbelief.. and he was clearly struggling for words . This man looked shell shocked...and was clearly still going through the grieving process, and trying to understand why this happened. It was very hard for him to even hang onto his faith, but his sister was helping him.

I have to say that was one time I wanted to put my hand through the TV screen and slap Oprah , then ask her what she has learned from that slap.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Im sorry for you...i wish you the best!

But it is a happy type of sorrow he is expressing to you.
(smirk)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

While I agree with you in principle, most people miss something. Happiness is, pardon the cliche, A CHOICE. Too many people miss that basic teaching.

However, what one must also realize is that we have essentially two choices. We can choose truth, or we can choose happiness. Rarely, if ever do they go together.... There is much truth in the saying that ignorance is bliss....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join