It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by gabby2011

If you want to believe that you are helpless, at the mercy of emotions, go ahead, i am over it.
Awareness and clarity will wash away every negativity because once you realize what you are feeling and you understand where it comes from, it has fulfilled its goals which is to warn you of something that is wrong in yourself or in the world around you. Then its time to act.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Manula because: (no reason given)

Now you are assuming that I said I was helpless emotionally..when in fact I said some situations you cannot do anything about, because it is beyond your power to do so...which adds to the sorrow...

should I choose to not feel bad ? ..I do eventually let it go.. but it is difficult when you think of how others may be suffering .

edit on 30-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Things happen, that you cant control, but your feelings about what happens you can be aware and in control, please understand this thread is about emotional power, emotional control, emotional freedom, of not letting the outside world rule your emotions.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Things happen, that you cant control, but your feelings about what happens you can be aware and in control, please understand this thread is about emotional power, emotional control, emotional freedom, of not letting the outside world rule your emotions.

..and I am saying there is nothing wrong at all with letting the emotional power of sorrow be a part of life, and that it is indeed healthier and more loving, than insisting you try and emotionally free yourself from them.

I'm fully aware of what this thread is about.

It also seems to imply that we should not care about what is happening in the outside world enough to let it effect our emotions..

There is absolutely nothing wrong with feeling sad.. and sorrowful and to try and deny that as a valid emotion that has its place ins totally screwed up world.. is being very compassion less, and lacks any sort of empathy for those who are enduring some terrible hardships..

You are trying to make sad people feel guilty for feeling that way, on this thread... and how dare you try and tell people how they should be feeling..till you walk a mile in their shoes.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Not letting the outside world rule your emotions is somewhat insane.
You cannot choose to be compassionate.
You cannot choose to have empathy.
It is raw feeling coming from the subconscious mind.

What you can do is supress the emotions coming from your subconscious, and thus live in denial of your own emotions. This way you probably can choose to believe that you are "happy", but in reality you choose to be indifferent.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ok, i know, what i am saying is that if you suffer, at least do it consciously, be in control, be aware, live it because you want it. But if you do that you are not really suffering, because you end it when you want, real suffering is when you are at the mercy of things you cant control, the outside world rules your emotions, you feel helpless, there is desperation and intense sadness, almost like being in hell not knowing if you ever be happy again.
This i don't want, and its not necessary once you have lived it enough which i think is my case.
I am over it.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGrandWazoo

You got it wrong, emotions arise but if you are aware of them, if you try to understand its message, that's enough, they fulfilled their goal,then you act and correct the situation, improving your attitude, helping someone in need, whatever.
What i am saying is that we don't have to be at their mercy, be aware, be in control, understand your emotions, give good use to them but don't be at their mercy, you CAN control them, that's what iam saying!
If you don't believe this fine, i respect that, but don't be confused about my message.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ok, i know, what i am saying is that if you suffer, at least do it consciously, be in control, be aware, live it because you want it. But if you do that you are not really suffering, because you end it when you want, real suffering is when you are at the mercy of things you cant control, the outside world rules your emotions, you feel helpless, there is desperation and intense sadness, almost like being in hell not knowing if you ever be happy again.
This i don't want, and its not necessary once you have lived it enough which i think is my case.
I am over it.

really now?... is that why you named the title of this thread this ..?

Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives?

..or said things like this..?

I believe in variations but always in a good vibe mode, an happy mode.

You clearly are back peddling on some issues here... and I resent that you are trying to tell people how to feel.. because you are in a "happy place' at the moment..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ive had my share of suffering maybe you think no one suffers more than you, that's an ego of suffering..
You don't know my life. All my life i have tried to be free from suffering.
And iam getting there, if you want to continue its your path, its not mine.
I now believe i can be free.
Buddha made it, a lot of people made it, maybe they left the earth, they dont reincarnate anymore, i don't care, i can make it too, and i will.
I hope you too.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Ive had my share of suffering maybe you think no one suffers more than you, that's an ego of suffering..

Maybe you make assumptions?..I know there are many who have and will suffer more than I have ever had to endure in my life..and more that have most likely suffered more than you could fathom in yours.

This isn't about ego..its about reality.. and the reality of this thread is you are trying to make people seem they are wrong for feeling sadness , and sorrow for the trails and tribulations that exist in life, as well as the horrors.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Its not wrong to feel it, its wrong to stick to it.
Not wrong, its useless...
This simple

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Its not wrong to feel it, its wrong to stick to it.
Not wrong, its useless...
This simple

Fine.. I can accept that totally..

what I can't understand is you titling your thread this.

"Tell me one good reason why we shouldn't be happy for the rest of our lives? "

It doesn't really imply that it is ok to feel sadness and sorrow, at some points of life..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

To stick to suffering is a mental habit, a very old one, a lot of lives suffering.
The mind works in habits, but awareness breaks them, develop another habit to replace the old one, an habit of emotional responsibility, you are responsible for your emotions, to feel something you don't want happens, to stick to it its dumb and useless. Its my choice.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You got it wrong, emotions arise but if you are aware of them, if you try to understand its message, that's enough, they fulfilled their goal,then you act and correct the situation, improving your attitude, helping someone in need, whatever.
What i am saying is that we don't have to be at their mercy, be aware, be in control, understand your emotions, give good use to them but don't be at their mercy, you CAN control them, that's what iam saying!
If you don't believe this fine, i respect that, but don't be confused about my message.

You are a preacher.
You should be posting this on a blog, not a discussion board.

The idea of a discussion board is, people come with different opinions, hopefully everyone learns something.

You're not listening to what people have to say, you're taking any opinion that differs from yours as a reason to continue preaching.
What are you trying to accomplish by this?

You're never going to convince me to adopt your ideals if you keep ignoring the points i'm trying to make.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You are right but its like that. If you get emotionally mature you can be happy forever, some times bad vibes will come, but you will be in control, never at their mercy again, never again at the mercy of things you cant control. For me this is happiness.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Sadness, anger, doubt, fear, contempt, etc. are all necessary to the preservation of our bodies.There isn't lack of intelligence to be sad, it isn't dumb to be angry. Rather, It would be dumb and unintelligent to suppress emotions and put a false or forced happiness in their place. It would be better to master your emotions, control them then use them for your benefit. Self mastery is key, work on that and you may gain a better appreciation of your other very necessary emotions and feelings.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Hey, please answer this:
Why did your name your thread "Tell me one good reason (...) ", when you clearly aren't going to accept any good reasons?
You should have named it: "Here's my monologue about how to be happy" or "You can't convince me not to be happy"

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Look bad emotions come for you to hear the message and act, turning bad emotions into positive ones.
I am saying not to stick to them, be aware, act and stay in control of your emotions.
Thats what i believe.
I am a preacher to you? Fine.
I cant change you, i can show who i am maybe you will change or not.
You change yourself, i can help, but its you who change.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Yup, i agree, emotions arise, we must be aware, get their message and move on, we dont have to stick to bad emotions. Thats what i am saying.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I agree that we cant control the emotions that arise, but we can control what we do with them, turn bad emotions into good ones, turn darkness into light thus staying in control of your emotions because you never stick to bad emotions, you work them to good emotions.
Fair enough?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Could you please explain how you turn a 'bad' emotion into a 'good' emotion? I still don't think there are such things as good and bad emotions but maybe you can convince me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join