It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich obviously feel entitled, too.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"Usher Parks in Handicap Spot"
www.thesuperficial.com...

Because you have to get there early or all the Mr. Goodbars are gone, Usher stopped by the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade in Atlanta over the weekend where he thought it’d be kosher to park in a handicap spot. Turns out middle-aged women in the south don’t take kindly to that and will physically send your ass packing because that’s exactly what happened. TMZ reports:

We’re told the woman demanded the singer move his car — but Usher refused and she went ballistic … screaming, flailing her arms, and grabbing Usher’s hoodie.
At one point, she screams, “You don’t belong here!”
Sources say the woman’s husband eventually dragged her away from the scene — and Usher drove away not long after.

I really can't stand it when healthy, physically fit people park in spots designated for the handicap.
This woman did overreact, but I still laughed and hope this sends a message to all those who feel they are entitled to the "perks" of those who are actually disabled.

There really isn't any good excuse that this young, healthy, wealthy man can use for his decision to use a handicap parking spot, so I hope he has learned from his selfish mistake. Besides, I'm sure there was some kind of valet parking available.

Even when you're broke and have nothing else, most people can be happy that they at least have their health.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Ahhh... the rich being, well the rich...

I was at the bank the other day and some diplomat was parked in the handicap space because they were driving a $375,000 Bentley...

No doubt part of the 1%...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The only disabling thing the rich have are the poor. This is probably why he used the space, he was sick of poor disabled people disabling him.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
He didn't have a handicap sticker, but I see people every day pull into a handicap spot and put their placard on their mirror. They get out of the car and walk or run into the store to get their stuff. They are obviously not handicapped yet they have the placard so they don't get a ticket.

In my experience it is not just the wealthy who abuse these parking places. A lot of crappy cars pull up too. More often they park in a fire lane. I am at a loss to explain their behavior. I could make broad stereotypical explanations, but I doubt I would get half of their intentions right.

It is shameful, yet shame seems to hold no weight anymore. I suppose stealing trillions of dollars is shameful as well, but it happens every day. Either disgraceful action should cause them to feel disgusted with themselves yet it garners nothing but a smug disrespect for the law abiding citizens.

I think it is just a sign of our times.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people will use family members handicapped parking window signs and think they're entitled to park their because they have the sign posted on their mirror. It's just being lazy and shows they have no concern for people who really need those spaces.

I'm kind of amazed watching people drive around a parking lot several times just trying to find the closest parking space to the store. For the amount of time they spend searching for a closer spot, they would be in the store already, and at the same time get some walking exercise that will only benefit their heart.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
All of you are absolutely right. It's not just the rich that do this, but it only seems to nauseate me when someone who can afford valet parking and/or can walk the distance and decide to be lazy, selfish a-holes.
I would bet my bottom dollar that Usher has handicapped fans, but, probably, not anymore.

Especially with the holiday season upon us, we're going to see more and more people taking advantage of these designated spots. It's one thing if you're driving around with someone who is handicapped, but those who decide that they're entitled to these spots are really the low of the low when it comes to the privilage of owning/driving a vehicle.

People need to remember that handicapped spots weren't automatic when the auto was invented. Handicapped people had to fight for them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I'm not amazed... but what gets me is when a cop/officer/law enforcement is near by, they seem to never notice or question it.

Example... I pulled into Wal-Mart (which I already hate) and I'm searching all over for a spot... yeah right... and this huge Hummer swings in speeding through the parking lot and pulls right up front where a couple in their mid 20's hop out and throw a hanger in the window as they WALK into the store smiling and laughing it up. The cop that sits in front just turns his head... so I walked by and glared at the cop and said "You know it sux when people take advantage of the handicap while others sit idly by and do nothing to prevent it". He just ignored me and turned his head.

Must of been a friend of his...
edit on 31-10-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join