It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original proof of giants in North America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Here's a small webpage that I found with a treasure trove of information about giants in North America, quoted from books published long before the Smithsonian existed.

One such story:

There were mounds situated in the eastern part of the village of Conneaut and an extensive burying-ground near the Presbyterian church, which appear to have had no connection with the burying-places of the Indians. Among the human bones found in the mounds were some belonging to men of gigantic structure. Some of the skulls were of sufficient capacity to admit the head of an ordinary man, and jaw bones that might have been fitted on over the face with equal facility; the other bones were proportionately large. The burying-ground referred to contained about four acres, and with the exception of a slight angle in conformity with the natural contour of the ground was in the form of an oblong square. It appeared to have been accurately surveyed into lots running from north to south, and exhibited all the order and propriety of arrangement deemed necessary to constitute Christian burial...

source

The text is annoyingly small, but it's got a ton of information and possible places to find these remains today. Could the "missing link" be hidden from us in a back room of the Smithsonian?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Goliath was a giant...it's recorded.

Fallen Angels mingled with humans and became giants...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Msngr11

Goliath was a giant...it's recorded.
Concrete proof at last....lol

There are lots of "giant skeleton" images at dig sites (photoshops?):
O
O
O

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The giants were known as nephilim, references to them have been found in the bible and various old texts.There is quite a lot of info about giants. People today can suffer from gigantism when they have an overactive pituatary gland and can grow to 8 feet tall, years ago it was documented that whole clans of people were giants.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You get an S&F from me, just for having the guts to create a thread about giants. It would have been nice to hear more of your own opinion on giants historically though.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

If you've heard of the hollow earth theory, one thing described by Admiral Byrd were giants. I've always loved that story. No matter how outrageous it sounds, the inner earth sounds like a utopia.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

My opinion? Giants that seem to have lived near us is news to me! I want to know more, I want the scientific community to take some interest in these places mentioned and see if they can find some more bones that won't just get lost. I think the potential for the "missing link" to be something worth covering up by tptb is at least present. I do not however buy into the religious propaganda. Sorry, but there are no proof of angels, not even in the bible.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Genesis 6 Giants...

Check out the link. Yes, the guy has a christian slant. But he is also one of the biggest researchers of giants in the world for the past 30 years. Ignore the bible stuff and take what info you find useful out of it. It's a good place to start researching giants.

Be sure and notice the links to the left. There are several.

edit on 10/28/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No proof of angels in the bible? well absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and proof is a personal thing. To one man proof can be irrefutable and the same *proof* to another can be hogwash. However there is an awful lot of information that points to the fact giants have existed and to some extent they still do today.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

To me anything that doesn't provide a place to look for these remains is not worth worrying about. It may be cool to read over, but it serves no purpose to really make someone take notice. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Using old literature to support claims. I always get the feeling that in the future, someone might find a copy of terminator and try to convince someone that it actually happened.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There are dozens of clans of giants here today in America. A lot of them have trouble with the English language and are known to be violent at times, and a majority of them have dozens of offspring spread throughout the land. They gather together in large domes but you will have to pay to see them. And you have to endure watching them pass a basketball around for 2 to 3 hours. I hear it is quite entertaining, unlike this thread. No star. No flag. Because I am on my cell phone. Alright enough sarcasm, if anyone has info on Goliath's ancestoral history please insert here( )

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Suit yourself. But there's lot more there than old literature. Pictures, links, modern finds, and more.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

More modern finds with mentions of places is what I'm interested in, or possible sights or information on the "mounds".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Giants my not have been tall they may have been big built .

Compared to regular people in ancient times a neanderthal would have been a big dude.body wise..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

People come in all shapes and sizes. It seems like they were speaking of something bigger than the biggest human.

www.tvexerciseequipment.info...

Some people might consider that picture to be of some inhuman giant. It's just a guy from Alabama named Bill Kazmaier.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think it's important to draw a line here between giants and gigantism...
they're not the same thing. Not at all.
If ancient forms of literature, and what evidence we have, are to be believed, then giants BEGAN at around 9 feet tall... gigantism very rarely produces humans above 8 feet.

There is evidence out there (though it's scant, for obvious reasons) that humans have existed in the past well beyond these heights.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Although this info is not about giants in N. America, those interested in the prospect of giants in general will enjoy this.....
stevequayle.com...
I find it fascinating, and would love to go investigate it further. One heck of a road trip.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am certain that these "giants" are the same that roam our deepest forests today! This discovery could have been the very "burial ground" that we have missed. So often we ask, "why are there no Bigfoot carcasses?", and then never really considering that they may bury their dead.

Who ever these "giants" were, there is no question that at one point this world was much more "Natural" than it is today and our numbers were less. I dare say, if this article is in truth to its findings, then the skeletons likely have larger brain cavities, longer forearms, an inverted "V" chests and are not boxed like ours, and a pelvis of great strength! They probably did not have clothing as they were granted that through Nature; fur and lots of it!

Sounds about right!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Witness accounts claim they had red hair. I was picturing something like a really scary viking.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I watched a documentary about this on the history channel. They found red haired skulls in a mexican cave. They called them "giants" but then went to go about how these people were 6-7 feet tall. LOL, that's not a giant.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Gigantism, also known as giantism (from Greek gigas, gigantas "giant"), is a condition characterized by excessive growth and height significantly above average. In humans, this condition is caused by over-production of growth hormone in childhood before the long bone epiphyses closes.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing mythical about these people. IT IS A MEDICAL CONDITION

edit on 10/29/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join