It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original proof of giants in North America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Giants need not be fairytale like. The average height for a man was probably around 5'3-5'8. When my friends and I visited Beijing we were giants. People stared at us because out of 5 of us we were 6'3-6'6.

In the past there were family groups that had the tall gene, to everyone else they were giants. We have giants today.

The stories of giants are 100% verifiable.

CHECK OUT this site if you like giants.www.thetallestman.com...
edit on 29-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
my personal viewpoint:

the OP Link is a compilation of folklore.... completely invalid

hey use your ZOOM feature & you can read the small print...maybe hit control+ to increase type size at multiples

myself being a skeptic...i feel the Giants story confirmations are fantasy, built on erroneous musings of fossil dinosaur bones found.
Sure there are instances of giant people, ~ 1:100,000, not the implied line of thought there were whole civilizations who towered more than 9 ft tall as the normal for a population....that world view is fantasy

Just as seashells found on mountains were proof of a universal flood...

edit on 29-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

We're talking about more than just big humans, these were said to be not humans at all by natives. As far as discrediting the native history, they've done that in the past, only to take it back when science finally figures out something the native Americans already knew about.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nice find, the article posted by the op has some good information, and does demonstrate that there is an archaeological record, that seems to have been covered up. In general, we aren't talking about giants of humongous proportions, but men seven foot plus in height, which is physically feasible. What I wonder, is what became of these people.

When you look at how close Europe is to N America, with Iceland and Greenland, it seems likely that ancient men from Europe may very well have traveled to N. America and developed civilizations.

They also talk about copper bracelets. When Europeans arrived after Columbus, surprisingly, there was no metallurgy in all of the new continents. I always found it hard to believe that they had failed to develop metallurgy, being that Eurasians began smelting copper five to ten thousand years ago.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I watched a documentary about this on the history channel. They found red haired skulls in a mexican cave. They called them "giants" but then went to go about how these people were 6-7 feet tall. LOL, that's not a giant.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Gigantism, also known as giantism (from Greek gigas, gigantas "giant"), is a condition characterized by excessive growth and height significantly above average. In humans, this condition is caused by over-production of growth hormone in childhood before the long bone epiphyses closes.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing mythical about these people. IT IS A MEDICAL CONDITION

edit on 10/29/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Thank you for actually reading it.
I'm thinking of contacting the site's owners and asking if I can use their information and host it on a more comprehensive site of my own.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I like to catch a program on the History Channel called The Naked Archaeologist. He did a program about this very subject. The translation for Nephilim is actually fallen ones, as in angels, not giants. I also don't think the bible was speaking about North America when it referred to them either. Many of the tales of the bible and searches for biblical items seem to be a product of selective or bad translation. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

How reliable do you consider that source, and on what basis?

Might you be a victim of a hoax?

Where is the the empirical evidence? And lack of empirical evidence is not evidence of existance

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That said, this:

James Wafford, of the western Cherokee, who was born in Georgia in 1806, says that his grandmother, who must have been born about the middle of the last century, told him that she had heard from the old people that long before her time a party of giants had once come to visit the Cherokee. They were nearly twice as tall as common men, and had their eyes set slanting in their heads, so that the Cherokee called them Tsunil´ kalu´, "the Slant-eyed people," because they looked like the giant hunter Tsul´ kalu´. They said that these giants lived far way in the direction in which the sun goes down. The Cherokee received them as friends, and they stayed some time, and then returned to their home in the west...

sounds like it could be a folk memory of a meeting with Chinese?

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Msngr11

Goliath was a giant...it's recorded.

Where? On youtube or in a book of fiction titled "The Bible"? Cause if it's the latter then cool, that means Postman Pat and Superman are real too since they've also been recorded in print.

I'd love to see actua; giant bones (making me wanna listen to the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster song "Giant Bones" now)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Genesis 6 Giants...

Check out the link. Yes, the guy has a christian slant. But he is also one of the biggest researchers of giants in the world for the past 30 years. Ignore the bible stuff and take what info you find useful out of it. It's a good place to start researching giants.

Be sure and notice the links to the left. There are several.

edit on 10/28/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

IF he's such a serious big researched why does his website contain images of debunked photoshops?

That's not a good website. Your name doesn't happen to be Steve Quayle does it?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Shadow Herder

We're talking about more than just big humans, these were said to be not humans at all by natives. As far as discrediting the native history, they've done that in the past, only to take it back when science finally figures out something the native Americans already knew about.

Oh well if the natives say it then it must be true, because those guys are just infallible.

herp derp the natives said it so derpy derp lets just take their word as fact and not use reason or evidence to form opinions, herpity derp

Your source is a man using a geocities-esque website that doesn't even work? The owner of that website doesn't have the intelligence to run a website that operates correctly, and you want me to seriously read his content? I bet his website is full of Photostopped images but I can't say for sure because the numpty who runs the website has password protected half his website

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sigh. So much for modern intelligence.

Lets expand your thoughts a while.

In 1000 years they will find the bones of Bao Xishun (look him up if you don't know who he is, he is a real life living 'giant' - so is Sultan Kosen at 8'1" ). People then will assume there was once a race of giants in China and Turkey won't they.

Get the point? I really hope so....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Msngr11

That is theory. It's never actually stated.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

I have questioned this too. But his site, and his book have given me some other places and areas to research. Also, I don't take everybody's word that a photo is or isn't photoshopped. I try to look at it myself, and determine what I can about it. But I agree there are a few on there that are.

lol. No, I'm not Steve Quayle. Steve doesn't care much for atheists.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I have questioned this too. But his site, and his book have given me some other places and areas to research. Also, I don't take everybody's word that a photo is or isn't photoshopped. I try to look at it myself, and determine what I can about it. But I agree there are a few on there that are.

lol. No, I'm not Steve Quayle. Steve doesn't care much for atheists.

Well what I'm getting at is I just don't know how you can take serious the arguments or supposed truths that a man brings forward when he's willing - or naive enough, even - to post fake images on his website?

Don't shoot the messenger, I get that... but at least point your gun at the man and certainly don't source him as he'll only discredit any truths that might exist

I guess my point was if he's one of the biggest researchers then it surely doesn't say much for the argument in favour or giants
edit on 29-10-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Just as you have shown the capacity to think for yourself. I believe most people on ATS have the capacity to think for themselves. I found that website very useful when I first started researching giants. Some things panned out, and some didn't. More didn't. But it was a starting point. And I'm glad it was there.

My point is, I don't throw out any source of info until I've gleaned what I feel can be gleaned from it. I don't care what their reputation is. Even if all I get is 1%. And the other 99% is garbage.

I threw the source out there. If you feel it's worthless, and you don't want to take the time to vet it. You won't hurt my feelings, and I won't think twice about it.

But for me, I've gotten some good tips from some of the worst sources on the internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
I watched a documentary about this on the history channel. They found red haired skulls in a mexican cave. They called them "giants" but then went to go about how these people were 6-7 feet tall. LOL, that's not a giant.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Gigantism, also known as giantism (from Greek gigas, gigantas "giant"), is a condition characterized by excessive growth and height significantly above average. In humans, this condition is caused by over-production of growth hormone in childhood before the long bone epiphyses closes.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing mythical about these people. IT IS A MEDICAL CONDITION

Last picture is photoshopped. Look at the bottom of the picture, do you see the panel on the bottom of the wall. It looks to be the right size in proportion to the "giant" person. Meaning if anything the smaller of the two is a midget, not the reverse. It's a shoop.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
yep I saw a replica statue of that tall man outside a Rpiley's Believe it or Not museum and he isn't as tall in that pic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join