It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minoritys against Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I heard on the news that hispanics and african americans and all minorities in general are well below average on the social and economic standings is this true? Why have minoritys always been looked down generally from the anglo-americans?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Not true, the left wing media likes to portray that, but believe me, most Americans are from minorities. I think historically, most anglo-americans look down on minorities because of the skin color and the believe that they did not have the brain power to be equal with them. Very wrong thought process, but that was in the 1700's. The Democrats like to portray the Republicans as being a party or rich wasps and racists, but that's far from the truth. The Democrats want to keep minorities down because if the minorities make money then they will lose them to the Republican party, so they use scare tatics, and fear and tradition to keep minorities under their umbrella.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
The Democrats want to keep minorities down because if the minorities make money then they will lose them to the Republican party, so they use scare tatics, and fear and tradition to keep minorities under their umbrella.

Wrong, without minorities you don't have a service sector to wipe the ar$es of the rich and famous.

Is it possible under the Republicans for everyone to be rich, wake up and smell the hypocrisy. I've never heard such aload of tripe.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Socially I don't think minorities are really any different (save some areas stuck in the mindset of the 1700's)

Economically, there are statistical differences but I would suggest that many of the averages come from family tradition and language barriers.

Where I live all the hispanics tend to work in restaraunt kitchens. Not only is it what everyone else they know is doing but also many of them speak little English, so they can't do other jobs. This sets them up as a demographic to make within a certain income range.
I believe Asians still have the highest incomes in the US, and they are a minority so the general statement that minorities aren't doing as well would be false.

There are also programs in place specifically to raise minority income averages, so I at least don't feel a whole lot of pity for the averages.

Koka,
What I got from what was said was more along the lines that there are minorities who keep being reminded they are a minority- so they keep the sort of mentality that they are against someone- their chosen oppressor is the republicans at the moment.
It is not universally true, but is similar to a union tactic- keep telling the workers they are broke so you can raise their rates (which in turn raises their union dues) so that the union reps can sit back in their million dollar mansions as the workers strike for an extra $.5/hour.
Keep the minorities convinced they are being wronged terribly so they keep up their fight and stay on your side.

Not that I agree with republican views either, but I don't think that most people agree with the parties they side with for the right reasons.

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by jrsdls
The Democrats want to keep minorities down because if the minorities make money then they will lose them to the Republican party, so they use scare tatics, and fear and tradition to keep minorities under their umbrella.

Wrong, without minorities you don't have a service sector to wipe the ar$es of the rich and famous.

Is it possible under the Republicans for everyone to be rich, wake up and smell the hypocrisy. I've never heard such aload of tripe.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
blankegirl, Thank you, you are correct. My comments were not ment to bash Democrats, but being near Baltimore, I hear a lot of minorities who tend to have more in common with Republicans on the basis of family values, fiscal constraint, and individual empowerment, but are being told that the Republican Party is only for Rich White men who want to keep minorities down. We in Maryland have an Republican African American Lt. Governor, the highest political position that an African American has held in Maryland and yet he is called an "Uncle Tom," by the NAACP who are pro Democratic and hate Republicans. They use Smear and Fear as thier main tactics to keep minorities under the thumb of the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In the 1950's Britain welcomed an influx of Afro-Caribean imigrants, the reason?

To fill the service sector with a cheap labour force.

50 years on and its the turn of the asylum seekers, they will do anything to get away from the regimes that have oppressed them or to get on the first step of a very high ladder in a economically stable environment.

Does it matter whos in government?

Not always, but the left do a great deal more in Britain to help those without than the Right, who are intent on keeping Britain British and blinkered.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
that sucks. I guess I can at least be happy I'm not there then.

Originally posted by Koka
In the 1950's Britain welcomed an influx of Afro-Caribean imigrants, the reason?

To fill the service sector with a cheap labour force.

50 years on and its the turn of the asylum seekers, they will do anything to get away from the regimes that have oppressed them or to get on the first step of a very high ladder in a economically stable environment.

Does it matter whos in government?

Not always, but the left do a great deal more in Britain to help those without than the Right, who are intent on keeping Britain British and blinkered.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Is anyone planning on mentioning that Bush wants to keep illegal immigrants in the coutry so they can do work that americans don't want to do and let them get paid pennys to do it?

When no American worker is available and willing to take a job,

www.whitehouse.gov...

wraith

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well, they do do jobs that otherwise US citizens won't do (many times unemployed people would rather stay unemployed)
There are parts of our economy that are already in bad shape that would collapse completely if they couldn't hire illegal immigrants.

Who do you think picks your fruit? If a farmer had to pay $5.50/hour for someone to pick fruit instead of $.25/bucket or so, how likely would you be to buy a little box of berries for $15?!? Could you even imagine the inflation rates?
say goodbye to ALL small farmers... for the most part they are already being run out of business because they can't compete.

Originally posted by wraith30
Is anyone planning on mentioning that Bush wants to keep illegal immigrants in the coutry so they can do work that americans don't want to do and let them get paid pennys to do it?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser617
I heard on the news that hispanics and african americans and all minorities in general are well below average on the social and economic standings is this true?

- Yes, of course it is true. Check the statistics.

Why have minoritys always been looked down generally from the anglo-americans?

- because as a quick glimpse beyond the 'tokens' mostly in rows 1, 2,and 3 of the NRC seating (c'mon guys, ffs, slightly obvious or what?) clearly shows wealth, privilege and power in the USA today does not really reside with the non-white populace.

Privilege looks after it's own and looks to protect itself, always.

.....and for anyone who thinks this isn't so I ask you, how many white millionaires in the USA compared to black or hispanic?

How many white billionaires compared to black and hispanic?

How many non-whites in actual charge of anything serious and major?

How come a non-white President is still hard to imagine?

(......never mind absolutely not ever having come close to reality yet?)

It's not all about 'old' money; true, but comparatively speaking there have been precious few non-whites 'making it' to those dizzy heights post war - hell, even in the last 25yrs - compared.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure what the view points of democrats and republicans have on immigration but i belive they both think that the vote of minorities will have a great impact in the election who saw GW's newphews speech wasnt it about minorities and such i dont really remember

new topics

top topics

join