It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new content idea, and a survey to help get it started.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Great Idea.... Simple survey.

It is hard to take an ATS test this easy after the rings hunt. I still twitch when asked to take a test here now.

But, this was painless and only took a few minutes and stayed in one thread....... Not used to that, I have to slowly immerse myself back into regular mode now.

Seriously though, great idea!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its a good idea, and I think a system like sisonek suggested is good, it reminded me of the 3D threads someone suggested some time ago in other thread.

It was Cardu who suggested a side thread for evidences in this thread:

Alien interview movie

[edit on 1/9/2004 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You call that a survey!!!

Getting famous people to interact here at ats. I think that�s pretty phenomenal. Great idea. Brilliant. Superb.

Seems SO has started a war between those who are for and against radio. Im for radio, i can�t ever imagine life with out radio. But i would prefer to have the opportunity to interact with the guests myself.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've taken the survey. It was a lot shorter than I expected!

Anyway, I have to agree with a number of the other posters here. Radio as a medium, particularly on the Internet is growing in popularity, or seems to be. I think, certainly from my perspective, the problem is that I'm so busy with other things that to take time to listen to radio isn't often convenient. So, either I just don't get around to tuning in, or I capture/download the programs and transfer them to my mp3 player for later. Maybe that's breaking copyright, but I only do it for personal use and usually delete the files once I've heard them. Streaming media just doesn't work for me. I need the choice of listening when I have time and to be able to pause the program as necessary.

Interviews of prominent people would be very interesting though. I'm from the UK, but would still love the opportunity to grill Dubya on certain things! Fat chance I know, but we can all dream :lol

Just my 2p worth

Keep up the good work with this amazing website!

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I forgot to mention one thing about internet radio.

I have a problem with internet radio and even more with internet television, the problem being that my ISP, as almost all ISPs in Portugal, have a limit for international download, in my case 1GB, I even have to switch off images in ATS to not waste my download limits.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
(ATS) + (Internet Radio) = blah We are a content website, attracting new users by the content we've created that fits the ideal of the contextual web through our efforts of making sure all content is visible by search engines, bots, and spiders. We're even among the very few discussion boards with XML RSS Feeds of our forums. (More on this from Jacob) Why in the world would we create new content that doesn't fit this already very successful model? Streaming audio content (or other audio files) are not part of the contextual web. Our growth over the past year is directly related to modifying the core code of ATS to be highly compatible with this concept of content interoperability. With all these steps forward... audio-only content is a distinct step backward. The Overlord has spoken.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
With all these steps forward... audio-only content is a distinct step backward.

The Overlord has spoken.

The mighty hands of SO move quickly....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All right.. 500 points for that...you need to post surveys more often...

ANd love the new idea.... like to see where it leads, give Coast to Coast some compitition....hopefully put George Noory out of a job ( the show sucks without Art)..

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Now... I know what you're thinking... privacy. First and foremost, Our Privacy Policy, please review it. At no point will your answers ever be merged, compared, or otherwise matched against your ATS profile in any way. The answers you give to this demographic survey only serve to add to the category totals so that an accurate profile of the ATS audience can be created.

Ok. Now let's see if there are any subtle behavioural changes towards me based on my profile.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The interview idea works for other "board/blog" type sites ... for example, one popular "News for Nerds" site does it this way:

The site requests everyone submit questions into a thread. Each post can be rated, and they take the top-rated questions and pass those along to the interviewee.

Perhaps an idea like that would be useful as a starting point ...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Removed for blatantly StOoPid content. Move along.....

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan An ATS radio show would be great. The only problem I see would not getting it in my home town. I think we get Coast to Coast but it's on in the wee hours and I personally think that show(C2C) is 99% bunk. Goood Luck.
Are you people not reading what I'm typing?
This concept is not ATS Radio!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
An ATS radio show would be great. The only problem I see would not getting it in my home town. I think we get Coast to Coast but it's on in the wee hours and I personally think that show(C2C) is 99% bunk. Goood Luck.

Are you people not reading what I'm typing?

This concept is not ATS Radio!
lol christ almighty

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
[edit on 1-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
All done with the survey. I'm always excited to help out the site with new ideas.

As for the radio debates that have come up, personally I don't think that commercial radio in it's current form is going to be around for very much longer. I can't speak internationally but I know Americans are moving further and further away from the "Top 40" mentality that dominated the previous decades. Everything in todays American entertainment market has moved towards "On Demand". When I want to see a movie I click on my remote and see the movie and I'm charged for it. I don't have to wait until 7PM to see it if I want to see it at 5:46. Similarly more consumers have become annoyed with waiting until the "Top of the Hour" for headlines and instead rely on computers and wireless PDAs.
I think that the market will soon drop stations that play the same 12 songs to death for 24 hours a day (eg Z100 for all my fellow new yorkers). In 10 years I see an XM type network (not restricted by locations and local markets) offering selectable libraries of music divided by genre and time. Wishful thinking for me perhaps as an addict of music but you never know.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's already been said, case closed! Back to the interviews!

Good idea! We've already had a few members do one-on-one interviews, which have been top-notch (especially Valhal's Yellowstone geologist one!), and I know Zedd Z has had one as well... but to have an OFFICIAL interview page, that'd be great. Only a couple problems.

One was addressed already. Keep the chatters to a minimum, so we don't fall into chaotic anarchy. The only way this can be successfully done, in my opinion, would be to have the members having the interview be very active with that topic, so that it would remain on topic. ALSO, before interview date, have a thread or U2U the lead interviewer with questions you would like to see answered... this way, we all have a voice... but please, serious questions only (I can just see it... boxers or briefs? Favorite color? Flight velocity of an unladden sparrow?) Have the questions thread last, oh, a week before interview time, the the day before interview dedicated to sorting out the questions...

The second problem I see is two part. How will you know it really is the person in question? I mean, it could be him, or it could be a PR guy, who knows for sure? Part two... wouldn't there be an 'interview fee' involved? A lot of celebs like to charge money...

If I may make a suggestion as to who we could interview...

I'd like to see Richard Hoagland, definitly. Maybe Stichlin, too...

And as a final side note... that survey was way to easy to earn 500 points... but thanks anyway!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Back in the hayday of AOL Live, there used to be a lot of problems with these online interviews. I'm talking about the mid to late 90s so I don't know what the feature is like now, or if it still exists.

You have to keep a few things in mind. Firstly, as the previous poster stated, there are going to be concerns raised about whether the person being interviewed is actually that person or not. There was an infamous example of this on AOL when the Live! hosts were asking Michael Jordan questions and he was apparently typing responses at the same time he was on the court. Impressive huh, and didn't do much to help their credibility. Many of the celebrity interviews were done with PR reps for that celebrity. All but a select few of them did not involve the interviewee typing anything either but rather an AOL staffer typing what the Celebrity or spinmeister said.

Now all that aside, this isn't a venue like AOL where I would feel the need to question the honesty and credibility of the staff. I believe that the staff here would have no need to 'pretend' to be interviewing someone, and I think most members would wholeheartedly agree with me. This interviewing idea has tremendous potential and will take the site to new levels.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
TOOK THE SURVEY AND CANT WAIT FOR SOME FAMOUS PEOPLE TO BE ON THIS SITE!!!

a GREAT idea none-the-less...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We seem to be discrediting radio as obsolete rather than orignal. If ATS could find a good provider, ATS radio wouldnt be so bad.. Its good to look forward, but by looking forward sometimes having new uses for old things has its advantages. Could you picture on of the most lively members of ATS interviewing various people on various issues live? Now trying to run this radio 24/7 will be mearly impossible but with heads up on new events and radio interviews It would attract more than just members, famous people who wish to argue issues. I think creating cons and pros of this will reveal that radio can still be useful...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

My feeling is that the best forum for "interviewing" people of prominence on ATS would be by using a chat room type forum. Allow for only certain interviewers to ask questions of the interviewee, and allow for the general population to have a view only access to a live chat. A limited number of inerviewers would keep the anarchy that could exist in a live chat to a minimum.

Sounds like what he meant... Personally, I've been a moderator in these kinds of chats before...it's certainly a lot of work, but it was nice being able to talk with the big wigs (in my experience, it was usually with game designers, back when I beta tested a lot of video games....)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join