It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new content idea, and a survey to help get it started.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
sounds like a great idea SO, really hoping this one works out

and am sure the reporters of ATS would do a great job at carrying out the interview things you are reffering too.

good luck sorting this one out, hope it materilizes

i did the survery too, although one question which asked about best added feature blogs, atsnn and below top secret etc etc, they all serve there purpose so i think that was quite a hard question if that makes sense lol

rynaldo

[edit on 1-9-2004 by rynaldo82]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've gotta say that, and I am assuming that this is comming out of amantine's 'science interveiws' concept, that it would seem to be very difficult to get people to do these interviews, or at least participating in the forum. I can't imagine that they would be agreable (or at least a large enough number to make this worthwhile) to do this. I'd think that perhaps having some sort of controls on the participation aspect would be a good idea? Perhaps like in the restricted forums? Are perhaps by submitting posts to censorship/approval prior to having an evolutionary biologist (remember, I am thinking in terms of the original science interview idea) get told that he/she is going to hell for doing what they do, or have an astronomer get asked about the annuki/niburu/whatever by a hundred different posters? I am not saying these questions can't be posed, but it would seem some control is necessary

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have an Idea for an Interview might be a little hard to swing but what about Oliver Stone the **King** of conspiracy movies

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It would be really cool if the members of ATS could vote on who would be in say this week community interview. We would get a list to vote from each week. That way the personality we would really be interested in would be featured.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Star Eagle]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
it may be a small idea, but i think it's a good one. i mentioned it in another topic, but i think there should be a category for book reviews for conspiracy related books. i know i enjoy reading many types of conspiracy minded books, many of them being rarely heard of and/or hard to come by. i believe it would make it much easier for members to pick a book that might interest them if they could research it here first

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
YAY!!
GREAT IDEA can't wait for it to happen this is very good for ATS
: roll:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Radio is good for visually impaired people. That's a small percentage. Obviously not worth it for the majority. :bash:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Whoa slow down. They have the radio on the internet now?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
No offence to the ATS reporters but these are not real reporters in the true sense of the word. Most have no education or training in actual writing or media. Most of our reporters are just normal people who got to a bit of news before anyone else did on some other web page. And as big as ATS is I don't see many people of importance giving interviews. Don't get me wrong, ATS is a great site but to most people who are told about ATS we're just another "UFO site" or "conspiracy site".
[edit on 31-8-2004 by d1k]

1)I hate to agree with d1k, but with reference to the reporters/journalists aspect of ATS, he is completely correct. It would be bad policy to have wannabe journalists trying to interview experts or "people of importance". Also it would be much more conducive to good interviewing if the the interviewer had a firm grip on the subject. There are many generalists on ATS, but from reading most of the posts they frequently don't really have a firm grip on the topic, just an interest.

2) In respect to whether experts or people of importance would be interested in being interviewed for/on ATS, that would all depend on the way the person of interest/expert was approached. Having worked as a publicist for 2 State Presidents and three Nobel prize winners I can tell you its a rough business. Too many requests for interviews and a too busy schedule demands high selectivity.

3) The biggest surprise I got from your survey was your lack of interest in your audience's background and/or a current skills audit. I believe that ATS has some really capable people as residents within their community which could be used as assets in this endeavor.

4) Generally I think that this is a great idea and would be interested in seeing how this is allexecuted.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Okay, finished the survey. Can't wait to see it take off!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The new interview idea is a great idea!! If I may make a suggestion on an interviewee... Please try to get an interview with Graham Hancock. He has great theories on human civilization and how the history books most likely are wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoafy
The new interview idea is a great idea!! If I may make a suggestion on an interviewee... Please try to get an interview with Graham Hancock. He has great theories on human civilization and how the history books most likely are wrong.

I agree with you shoafy - I would love it if they would interview Hancock.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sounds like sisonek has this pretty well thought this through and has some good ideas.

Personally, I think this is a great idea if tightly managed. It would add a great deal of legitimacy to the board and would be fun to participate in. I look forward to it's implementation.

If there is anything I can do to help out, just let me know.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The survey was a breeze...I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the survey results available on ATS. Just curious about the people I share so much time with, Ages, education, etc. Anyone???

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Easy survey. I am very glad to see some changes. I love the website altogether. I spend a lot of time on the net reasearching and finding out the history behind alot of things going on in the world at the moment. I never take anything at face value anymore. But it's alot easier to click on a thread where someones done all the work for you.

That is what makes this website interesting and should be expanded on I feel. Providing knowledge and reasearch that is not readily found elsewhere. Interviews with celebrities is an interesting concept. I really enjoyed one such interview with the yellowstone scientist that I found recently. I recently found out that yellowstone was a giant volcanoe wating to blow. I actually found a hyperlink on another site to the ats interview with the scientist.

If you can get more things such as that. Say, people on the inside of information, and have extensive knowledge in things. Maybe they could start a thread and participate on occasion or maybe have an interview followed by a discussion thread. That would be great. Knowing these people were authentic by being backed by the ats reporters also would improve things. Who ever knows if they guys thread your posting in is not some 9 year old getting a kick out of playing around.

I guess a little extra legitimacy to some of the posts would make things awesome. Radio idea sucks I agree. Also maybe more pics and maybe more outlines of popular conspiracys on the site somewhere.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
AHH yes RADIO, and as someone has mentioned in the first few responses that Shoutcast is a good way to get this idea going.. Lots of listeners who don't like reading, like we do LOL. Winamp has a lot of good stations and the best part about it, there is no censorship
www.shoutcast.com.... This is also going to bring in people who haven't yet seen this website.
Good Idea

[edit on 2-9-2004 by AgentGirl]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join