It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians: Lieberman's remarks are an explicit threat on Abbas' life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Haaretz

Comments by Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman urging the replacement of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas represented a direct threat on Abbas' life, an official Palestinian Authority letter addressed to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday.

On Monday, Lieberman severely criticized the Palestinian president, telling reporters that it would be a "blessing" if Abbas were to resign.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Sorry it didn't like the link

+57 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Looks like Israel has another assassination plan up their sleeve.

The article goes on to say:

""If there is one obstacle that should be removed immediately, it is [Abbas]," he said. "If he were to return the keys and resign, it would not be a threat, but a blessing." "

Sounds like Mossad has a job lined up. Abbas better be careful.

If Abbas were to get killed chaos would break out.

Haaretz[editby ]edit on 28-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+55 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is probably how he feels about this news:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Please explain to me how someone saying it would be a blessing if he resigned, equates to we are going to assassinate you. Cause I'm not seeing it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Please explain to me how someone saying it would be a blessing if he resigned, equates to we are going to assassinate you. Cause I'm not seeing it.

""If there is one obstacle that should be removed immediately, it is [Abbas],"

That is the same sort of language they were using before they assassinated Mahmoud al-Mabhouh:

Report: PM approved Dubai assassination in early January

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu authorized in early January the assassination of Hamas commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, according to a report published in the Sunday Times. Based on information obtained from "sources with knowledge of Mossad," the paper reported that Netanyahu gave Mossad chief Meir Dagan the green light for the Dubai operation during a meeting at the Midrasha - the intelligence agency's headquarters, in the northern suburbs of Tel Aviv.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

All I can say is take a number take a seat. Who hasn't been threatened by this pack of criminal, psychopath murderers we call the Government. That is how they have begun to rule. A gun at someones head and blood on their hands. A Sci-fi movie about aliens invading earth couldn't be as off the wall as the reality at this moment. People keep talking about aliens. We are already ruled by something more crazy and sinster.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Man, US politics is confusing..

I thought Lieberman was a US politician but he sounds remarkably like his loyalties are with a different country, Israel...

Someone help me out here, is he American or Israeli???

sarcasm off//

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

LOL. You are confusing Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman (Israeli) with the American Joe Lieberman.

I used to get confused between the two as well.

Just picked up the sarcasm at the end of your post

edit on 28-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yes, but IMO both Governments work for the same boss, Israel..

I think even the people are waking up to that concept in droves just lately..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

It's kind of hard to ignore what they have been doing in plain view lately. The media doesn't do as good a job as they used to when it comes to sweeping it all under the rug.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

""If there is one obstacle that should be removed immediately, it is [Abbas],"

That is the same sort of language they were using before they assassinated Mahmoud al-Mabhouh:

Report: PM approved Dubai assassination in early January

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu authorized in early January the assassination of Hamas commander Mahmoud al-Mabhouh, according to a report published in the Sunday Times. Based on information obtained from "sources with knowledge of Mossad," the paper reported that Netanyahu gave Mossad chief Meir Dagan the green light for the Dubai operation during a meeting at the Midrasha - the intelligence agency's headquarters, in the northern suburbs of Tel Aviv.

I still dont believe that what was said equates to a call for murder. Also,

Based on information obtained from "sources with knowledge of Mossad,"

...Really? I've heard the National Inquirer has knowledge of some of the Mossads inner workings...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yes, but IMO both Governments work for the same boss, Israel..

I think even the people are waking up to that concept in droves just lately..

I have always agreed with that 100%. We must have misunderstood our posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I still dont believe that what was said equates to a call for murder.

I agree with that but it is still a very odd thing for an FM to say, especially without giving any real information to explain why he thinks that way..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Didnt he say the reason was Abbass (sp?) was hindering the peace process? I'm thinking that would be a pretty good reason for the comments made about his resignation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Didnt he say the reason was Abbass (sp?) was hindering the peace process? I'm thinking that would be a pretty good reason for the comments made about his resignation.

But WHY does he think Abbas is hindering the peace process or what does he think Abbas is doing wrong?

His is just a blanket accusation with no detail..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ooooh! There's a "peace" process? When did that happen?

Anyone still believing there is any kind of peace process in play is sadly delusional. I think it was a typo from the start, and what they really meant was a "piece" process... a piece of that land, another piece of that bit... oh, that piece over there...etc...etc...

I think everyone knows that but for a politician to say so would be political suicide due to the ensuing smear campaign and inevitable howls of "anti-semite", not to mention the withdrawal of the ...ahem... "campaign funds" come election time.

Ntice the UN is using every stalling tactic they can up with to deny / hold up any recognition of the called for Palestinian statehood recognition. Bunch of freakin' cowards, the whole lot of 'em!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Ntice the UN is using every stalling tactic they can up with to deny / hold up any recognition of the called for Palestinian statehood recognition. Bunch of freakin' cowards, the whole lot of 'em!

I read today that the UNSC is being stacked with members that lean more to US demands than Palestine..
You know, foreign aid/bribes etc....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Out of interest, you think Israel announcing more settlements is detrimental to the peace process??

Has Lieberman called for the resignation of those responsible for that??

IMO settlements are the biggest stumbling block to any peace...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Unfotunately, that is the way things are done in the UN. A bit like the "coalition of the willing"! Made up of those who were bribed or cajoled for support.
It makes a mockery of the whole idea of "doing the right thing", which is supposed to be the whole reason for it's existence in the first place. Having a select few rubberstamp approval for actions against another state also hardly counts as democracy. Especially when those who who make up the UNSC are some of the most corrupt, warlike and are run by criminal financiers.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

The Veto vote made a mockery of the UN from the start..

Democracy at it's finest.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join