It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A New York Police Union Threatens to Sue Protesters

A New York police officer's union is threatening to sue Occupy Wall Street protesters if any more of its 5,000 members are injured during demonstrations, the New York Post and New York Observer are reporting. A union spokesperson told the outlets that the union, NYPD's Sergeant’s Benevolent Association, says that over 20 officers have been injured in related Occupy protests. "Any assault on a police officer is not only punishable as a felony in the State of New York, but will also be met with swift and certain legal action by the SBA, which will seek monetary damages against any individual who causes injury to a New York City Sergeant," said the president of the group, Ed Mullins.

How long before they sue the veteran?? Some cops are just full of themselves.

"Any assault on a police officer is not only punishable as a felony

But a cop assaulting a peaceful crowd of protesters is them ``doing their job`` right?
And totally legal...

Cops, don't want to get ``assaulted``?? STOP PROTECTING THE CRIMINALS. STOP ATTACKING PEACEFUL PROTESTERS.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
looks like oakland the marines new ao for search & destroy ops. ...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
To the police of oakland and to those police involved in such gross abuses, as led zeppelin so graciously put it,"YOU’RE TIME IS GONNA COME".
edit on 27-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

I am certainly not wishing for any action against the small miscreants, who are merely following orders or given blank checks on bad behaviors, under orders.

The only ones that need to be concentrated on and arrested, removed and watched round the clock as they are extremely dangerous and one communication could harm many are the tyrants, beginning with but not limited to, the Rothchild Family, the House of Windsor, Kissinger, Bush, DuPonts, Rockefellers, etc.

Alot of the lower level sociopathy can be treated with help, house arrests and counseling, providing we put the true criminals and kingpins in jail.

That is the time I hope is coming soon.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
my deepest respects to the injured and families of this sad act
for any pieceful protest to effect change there comes a few different stages.

the first is to ignore and pretend nothing is happeneing,
then the second is the name calling and propoganda,
then the third is the "for you own good" you must disperse,
then the fourth is violent dispersal "for your own good"

if people are injured they are not the excuse to be violent,
they are the excuse to be even more pieceful and non violent,

change starts in the hearts of men and woman who know things can be so much better.

only people are important
anyone who tells you otherwise is a banker

xploder

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Alot of the lower level sociopathy can be treated with help, house arrests and counseling, providing we put the true criminals and kingpins in jail.

That is the time I hope is coming soon.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

I am sure that is coming.
But looks like we may need to start burning a few things down to get to them first though.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Jason88

I am a former squid, and I will tell you now, I do not let the branch stand in the way. I consider all to be my brothers and would stand next to you any day, just give me a call.

My only complaint with you jarheads though is, you all can stop bullets pretty good. But I am sorry, when you are walking around on base, walking in front of a car is not the same as a bullet.

As a result, a large degree of initiative and autonomy is expected of junior Marines, particularly the NCOs (corporals and sergeants), as compared with many other military organizations. The Marine Corps emphasizes authority and responsibility downward to a greater degree than the other military services.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

As an asymmetrical fighting force with a focus on giving junior Marines greater responsibility than found in other branches, the Marine Corps could officially support this cause and stand up to the police by showing that Americans are being terrorized by an internal force (police) during peaceful protests. Something Americans are constitutionally allowed to do, protest, and something every Armed Services member pledges an oath to - protect the constitution.

The cops are breaking the protesters constitutional rights under the guise of disallowing them the use a of park, a public place.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
i could not get your links 2 load I have DL a couple of pictures here...

I hope some Oakland Marines are out there in force tonight! these cops have overstepped the line to many times!

The guy gets cracked in the face with a tear gas canister then they flash bang him when hes out cold on the ground. THIS IS SO F'ed UP!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The game is rigged!

And now that the people voice their frustration , they even try to curb free speech to the point where violence is acceptable. And what really angers me is that there's a group of people who cheer it on. Cheer when a fellow citizen gets hurt for voicing his opinion and not even being violent. People who cheer when those trying to come to his aid get hit as well! Sick, simply sick!

But money's power, and we all know where the money went...and who now has the power to dismantle principles of freedom and free speech to protect what he made over the course of 3 decades.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I need to ask this, was there anyone killed or injured as well as this War Veteran?

I just watched footage on you tube I want you all to watch this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Im not in the millitary,but as a person,I feel for for this guy and his family.
To have frredom of speech and excerise the right to use it,should not result in this type of event.
Hope he gets better soon.

On a side note about OWS,things are reaching a breaking point.
Sadly I could see history repeat itself.Although I hope not.
The recent events are becoming tragically close to this...

edit on 27-10-2011 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What a bunch of hypocrites. You all scream about upholding the constitution and here is a bunch of malcontents that were told the ordinance, which was created by constitutionally elected officials, didn't allow over night stays in the park. They decided they didn't like that ordinance and tried to ignore it. Way to support the constitution.

It's unfortunate the kid got hurt but if they had obeyed the ordinance the police wouldn't have to be there to enforce the rules. You can't arbitrarily decided what laws and ordinances you will obey and not have a situation devolve into anarchy.

Way to go vets, doing the same thing. Showing solidarity with law breakers, picking and choosing what parts of the constitution you want to support.

Yes, the police may have been a little heavy handed but when out numbered by a crowd that won't obey orders they have to resort to the crowd control training they have received.

If you don't like a law or ordinance you elect new officials or seek redress in court.

I want to elect the right people to office to gut the federal government, return power to the states and let states sink or swim on their own. The only thing I want the federal government to provide is a top notch, well equipped military to protect us and our interests throughout the world, some basic research in technologies much like the NASA of the 60's/70's that brought us so many great things and a few rules and regulation to keep states from fighting over stupid stuff or creating regulations that harm business and services of other states.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just had to reply to this. I'm a former Marine (disabled vet) and I'm very sorry to see anyone take a lump to the head for no good reason.

However, when this guy went out in the streets of Oakland, one of the wildest cities in America, with Cops that literally need to fight like warriors every day just to keep the peace, things like this are bound to happen.

Those Cops didn't do it on purpose. It saddens me to see the lack of respect and support for those who serve in Blue. This Marine took an unlucky lump and it's very sad to see him laid out like that, but they were warned to leave the area and to disburse, but they didn't.

Then when people start throwing objects at the Cops, are they just supposed to stand there like morons and get hit with bottles and rocks? If you're going to protest in the streets and throw stuff at the Cops, then you deserve what you got coming, unfortunately this time the wrong guy got it.

I think you people should have more respect for Cops (Oakland PD especially!) regardless of this sad incident. When you're getting raped, robbed or beaten who do you call? Those protestors are lucky, just look at what's happening to the protestors in Syria, Iran and elsewhere in the World. Go protest in those countries and then come bitch to me about taking an accidental lump to the head, if you're still alive to do so.

This poor Marine will now become a Millionaire thanks to the City of Oakland and life rolls on for the rest of us.

He's my brother, but we don't share the same political views and I don't support these protests to begin with!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
What a bunch of hypocrites. You all scream about upholding the constitution and here is a bunch of malcontents that were told the ordinance, which was created by constitutionally elected officials, didn't allow over night stays in the park. They decided they didn't like that ordinance and tried to ignore it. Way to support the constitution.

Let's see constitutionally protected park + military veteran critically injured by police for trying to enter park = Hypocrites who support the constitution. Did I get that right?

Your black and white world must leave much to be desire about your character. Does this phrase also ring true to you, "all laws are good laws?"

Support your fellow American who served in combat for you and is now laying in the hospital and may be brain damaged - just because he wanted to enter a park. For God's sake man, grow up.

ETA: Semper Fi, to fellow Marine above my post. We can all disagree, that's something we vowed to protect. But unless you're a corporation and a billionaire shifting wealth overseas, or putting corporate money into politics, then I'm not sure what your politics are - I'm not asking, but I *know* people in the 1% who support this as it's not anti-capitalist, it's anti-greed (and I'll throw this in there on a hunch, greed is a sin).
edit on 27-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

they MUST police themselves. Im sure there are a few Marines in the oakland pd. I'd bank on it, and right now, those marines ARE trying to find out who did it. Ill bet they are MORE sickened than most would be, as in "my god, what are we doing?"...

the last thing the porkies want are a nation of marines hating cops, the cops won't stand a chance. AND, if there was a nationwide Marines kick the crap out of cops for a message..Count me IN...

CHESTY PULLER WHERE ARE YOU?...non-marines will probably have to google now..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It's unfortunate the kid got hurt but if they had obeyed the ordinance the police wouldn't have to be there to enforce the rules. You can't arbitrarily decided what laws and ordinances you will obey and not have a situation devolve into anarchy.

Way to go vets, doing the same thing. Showing solidarity with law breakers, picking and choosing what parts of the constitution you want to support.

Yes, the police may have been a little heavy handed but when out numbered by a crowd that won't obey orders they have to resort to the crowd control training they have received.

If you don't like a law or ordinance you elect new officials or seek redress in court.

I want to elect the right people to office to gut the federal government, return power to the states and let states sink or swim on their own. The only thing I want the federal government to provide is a top notch, well equipped military to protect us and our interests throughout the world, some basic research in technologies much like the NASA of the 60's/70's that brought us so many great things and a few rules and regulation to keep states from fighting over stupid stuff or creating regulations that harm business and services of other states.

You might want to ask yourself this question... Are these your interests, that the police are serving and protecting, in an unconstitutional manner?
This is the same path the Nazis took and these cops are so desperate and scared within themselves, violence is their solution, as is their decision to sell their souls to Corporate sponsored US greed while turning a blind eye to what is a moral outrage and the denial of what it is to be American. How ironic that the country that fights for Freedom and Democracy overseas has a Nazi control style agenda at home. The behaviour of police officers have been in slow morale decline for years and in this case they are not public servants but thugs for Corporate Mafia.

I hope that boy makes a full recovery and the cop realises his actions went way too far for his pay packet that day.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I hope he lives.
but if he dies..........

have you seen the video of people trying to help him?
a cop moves back so he is hard to see.
then gives them a flash bomb!!!
they where trying to help some one hurt?
not roiting, just helping?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Spoken like a good citizen of the state..

Being ex-military 4 tours in vietnam with s.o.g had it been one of our people treated that way payback in spades would've swiftly followed. Military take an oath to uphold and defend the constitution against all enemies foriegn and DOMESTIC . Currently the real enemy is domestic a rogue government that abuses its power, tramples the constitution and murders thousands around the world daily to spread its corruption.. The marine did the right thing he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up for the people he swore to defend .. Instead of supporting the corrupt old bastards in dizzy city and the corporations..

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

None of that matters, but thanks for your opinion. It is the opinion of many Constitutional scholars that no one -- not even constitutionally elected representatives or appointed judges -- may alter the constitution of the United States of America or the Bill of Rights, except through the amendment process.

It doesn't matter how long these laws have been around. They are unconstitutional, and represent an illegal attempt to circumvent the constitution, and are therefore invalid.
edit on 27-10-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

No, I wouldn't say all laws are good laws but they are the laws we live with. You think you could get out of a drug possession charge by saying you don't recognize or will obey that law. How about a speeding ticket because you are in a hurry and speeding laws don't apply to you.

I don't have a citation but it's my understanding that the park is closed at night and no camping is allowed. We have similar ordinance out here in the sticks with our parks and the police sweep the parks when closing the gates. Our ordinance was implemented because knot heads would sit around all night drinking, building fires and tearing up the park driving on the grass. The ordinance and police presence allows a more family friendly park.

I don't believe your right to protest trumps the law or everyone else's rights. I don't believe you have the right to inconvenience me because you are upset and while I will tolerate some of it I expect the authorities to balance everyone's rights.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join