It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

He was not wearing his uniform, he was wearing a button up camo shirt that you can by in in sporting goods store or Walmart, and under that he was wearing a Veterans against the War T-shirt.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

The blouse looked like desert MARPAT to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

AMEN, brother.

Most of these people that are backing violent revolution have absolutely no idea what they are asking for. They also, in all likelyhood, wouldn't be able to deal with it if it happens.

Until you have taken a life, had one bleed out in your arms, you just don't know.

Although I was lucky enough to not serve in combat, I have still been in it. I have many memories that I would rather not have, but the causes of those memories have prepared me for survival in most situations.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

The blouse looked like desert MARPAT to me.

Maybe, I will have to take a closer look at the video and stills. I was paying more attention to pupil dilation and lack of reaction.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

AMEN, brother.

Most of these people that are backing violent revolution have absolutely no idea what they are asking for. They also, in all likelyhood, wouldn't be able to deal with it if it happens.

And you know what? I give less of a damn about them than the people who get put in their crossfire, just trying to go about the daily chores of living. I figure the folks calling for violent revolution get what they have coming to them, exactly what they've asked for. Not my fault if they find out they were all BS and bluster. This is how we learn.

It's all those other people who DIDN'T beg for the violence, but got dropped in the grease anyhow because some knothead thought he was Rambo that I feel for. These cats that wanna go around playing army against their neighbors, thinking it's some kind of goddamned grand adventure are going to put a lot of misery on innocents for no good reason. There just isn't a call for it yet, since all other options haven't been exhausted. There's a time for war and a time for the real work, and they just want to cut to the chase scene and watch crap blow up.

Until you have taken a life, had one bleed out in your arms, you just don't know.

That's a fact, and even then sometimes you wonder more than know. Listening to a grown man cry for his mother while he's trying to keep his own guts inside that gaping wound with his palm gives you a different perspective.

Maybe even more so than when he stops crying.

Although I was lucky enough to not serve in combat, I have still been in it. I have many memories that I would rather not have, but the causes of those memories have prepared me for survival in most situations.

That's it. the ones who accidentally make it past their first engagement - and remember, a lot of these folks aren't trained for it, they learned their warcraft from movies and video games, and think that gives them a handle on things - will all stand a better chance of surviving anything, but even then a lot of them won't make it to see what happens after the half time commercials.

They will BE the half time commercials, and that'll be all she wrote.

ETA: on the MARPAT, the video I watched wasn't optimal quality, but that was my impression. I certainly didn't see the globe and anchor logos in the fine print, but it's the overall impression I got of it.

edit on 2011/10/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There just isn't a call for it yet, since all other options haven't been exhausted. There's a time for war and a time for the real work, and they just want to cut to the chase scene and watch crap blow up.

Shooting people is easier than talking to people; if you shoot someone they can no longer disagree with you. Which I think is the point. Those slavering for violent revolution and civil war are each tyrants in the making, without any true care for the "democracy" and "rights" they disguise their rhetoric in, wanting to eliminate anyone who would stand in the way of their perfect world. It is clear in their demand that we pick a side, either we fight with them or we are the enemy. Is there any doubt those here make such demands would not gleefully fill ditches with the bodies of those who "collaborated" with the "enemy" by not picking a side?

and remember, a lot of these folks aren't trained for it, they learned their warcraft from movies and video games, and think that gives them a handle on things

That's it, isn't it? Video-game culture. These people have no real idea what war looks like. I have been fortunate enough to have never seen combat but I have read enough history, watched enough footage, and talked to enough people who have seen combat to know it is not the antiseptic fantasy portrayed in movies and video games. It is not clean, there are no respawns or continues and there are consequences for the survivors, whether they be the victim or perpetrator. These immature minds have no true understanding of that.
edit on 30-10-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
That's it, isn't it? Video-game culture. These people have no real idea what war looks like. I have been fortunate enough to have never seen combat but I have read enough history, watched enough footage, and talked to enough people who have seen combat to know it is not the antiseptic fantasy portrayed in movies and video games. It is not clean, there are no respawns or continues and their are consequences for the survivors, whether they be the victim or perpetrator. These immature minds have no true understanding of that.

It't not a question about war, it's about getting people like you ... out of the way. You've done yours, it wasn't good enough ... now step aside, and give room to others. But YOU, as well as I myself and everyone else for that matter ... none of US will step aside.

And YOU are pretty good at forcing your wars on everybody else ... and you'll never change.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

wow you just gave me the frick and frack chills! the sonic cannon absolutely not needed for anything except maybe to repel the police! police protect a corporation and a corporation is controlled ultimately by the pope.sheriffs on the other hand are suppose to protect the people! why can't the sheriff's of the counties of the cities involved in ows, be in the crowds side to protect them against the police! if the marines see that they must stand in the crowd to protect the people under the constitution i would say is getting to the last step for the nation!
edit on 30-10-2011 by bluewaterservant because: missing words

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
It't not a question about war, it's about getting people like you ... out of the way. You've done yours, it wasn't good enough ... now step aside, and give room to others. But YOU, as well as I myself and everyone else for that matter ... none of US will step aside.

Thank you for making my point. You wish to eliminate anyone who doesn't see your point of view.

And YOU are pretty good at forcing your wars on everybody else ... and you'll never change.

I have not forced war on anyone. I do not have the power to do so. I live my life and leave others to live their own. But I do understand the point you are trying to make; in making that point, you are proving mine. If we are not with you, we are automatically "collaborators" and "the enemy".
edit on 30-10-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: off topic

edit on 30-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Shooting people is easier than talking to people; if you shoot someone they can no longer disagree with you. Which I think is the point. Those slavering for violent revolution and civil war are each tyrants in the making, without any true care for the "democracy" and "rights" they disguise their rhetoric in, wanting to eliminate anyone who would stand in the way of their perfect world. It is clear in their demand that we pick a side, either we fight with them or we are the enemy. Is there any doubt those here make such demands would not gleefully fill ditches with the bodies of those who "collaborated" with the "enemy" by not picking a side?

Precisely. Think laterally, make your own sides.

I tend to see the OWS movement as pawns in a much larger chess game. They mean well, they truly believe what they say, but they are unwittingly being herded and directed from afar - not as individuals, in a micromanaged sort of way where each is told what to think, but in the aggregate, as the entire herd that they've been gathered in to. It's easier to drive a herd over a cliff than it is a single animal. The herd itself boxes in the individuals and forces them into the direction the herd is being moved. Individuals have more freedom of movement.

The "sides" they are trying to force upon us, or force us into with such talk as the "99%" and the "1%" are a false dichotomy. I can't for the life of me see it as "OWS vs. The Man". I see most of the protestors as pawns in a high stake chess game. If it all goes sideways, side against the players, not the pawns. THAT is the side I've chosen.

OWS is trying not to admit that as a possibility. Methinks they doth protest too much against that likelihood. If they can't force the rest of us into their molds, to play by their rules and choose the "sides" THEY define, if they can't force us into their herd to be stampeded, they're screwed and they know it. That's why they hammer that so hard.

That's it, isn't it? Video-game culture. These people have no real idea what war looks like. I have been fortunate enough to have never seen combat but I have read enough history, watched enough footage, and talked to enough people who have seen combat to know it is not the antiseptic fantasy portrayed in movies and video games. It is not clean, there are no respawns or continues and there are consequences for the survivors, whether they be the victim or perpetrator. These immature minds have no true understanding of that.

That's the thing. They haven't seen enough, and what they THINK they want to see will come back to bite them in the ass. Hard. If they manage to get this kite to fly, in 30 years the ones who survive will be trying to talk sense to an entirely NEW group of idealistic kids who think they can change the world without getting scratched up. They'll tell the kids about the bad old days, try to explain what it's like to watch you baby sister leak out all over the ground, and they, too, will be met with scoffing and disbelief, and will be told they are "just too old and scared, so get outta our way!"

And the cycle will continue.

ETA: I typed this originally before I got down to the "get out of our way" comment.

It't not a question about war, it's about getting people like you ... out of the way. You've done yours, it wasn't good enough ... now step aside, and give room to others.

I rest my case.

edit on 2011/10/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
that article is so lame and vague. Of course it's going to be slanted. Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Are you talking about the first "Marine" that made the youtube airways?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Would someone mind telling me, what kind of guns these officers, are holding, and are pointing them at the protestors, while arresting others?

Seems a little over the top to me.

Explain to me how anyone can justify this!

edit on 31-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Would someone mind telling me, what kind of guns these officers, are holding, and are pointing them at the protestors, while arresting others?

It looks like pepperball guns. They're like paintball guns, but the projectiles are filled with oleoresin capiscum or CN/CS powder as irritants instead of paint. See the orange stocks? That means they're non-lethal.

Seems a little over the top to me.

Would you rather they use assault rifles?

edit on 2011/10/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Dont get flippant with me, I do not know the difference in firearms. Since I have never owned one, I was simply asking a question.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Apologies. I didn't intend to be flippant - but I do wonder why you assumed that they were using real guns in that situation. I've not heard of any real guns being brought into play, and don't expect they will unless the protestors start a shooting war. It would be a nasty fiasco and an overbearing liability from which a police department would probably never recover.

I assumed that you didn't know much about firearms, which is why I explained just what a pepperball gun was, and how it differed.

If you've ever seen toy guns, you'll notice that nowadays the toys all have a bright orange patch on them somewhere, usually the muzzle. That's so that they can be readily identified as not real guns, so that people don't get shot by folks carrying real guns making assumptions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Dont get flippant with me, I do not know the difference in firearms. Since I have never owned one, I was simply asking a question.

i have many and have many bullets with officers names on em

edit on 31-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It looks like pepperball guns. They're like paintball guns, but the projectiles are filled with oleoresin capiscum or CN/CS powder as irritants instead of paint. See the orange stocks? That means they're non-lethal.

I saw video on the news last night of protesters who were "shot"; the wounds were consistent with a paintball gun or pepperball. Small, round bee-sting-like. Unpleasant but not terrible; enough to get your attention and make you think about your next action.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join