It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
i have many and have many bullets with officers names on em

The fact you put an emoticon after such an explicit threat is psychopathic.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Yeah like, where can I peacefully protest and not get shot? I wish there was a country like that.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
Yeah like, where can I peacefully protest and not get shot? I wish there was a country like that.

You do live in a country like that. The vast majority of OWS are protesting and not getting shot at, be it bullets (rubber or otherwise) or pepperballs. Look beyond the spin, no one has been shot at for "peacefully" protesting and when there has been "shootings" it has been in extreme circumstances. And please do not tell us that throwing rocks or bottles at the police, calling for their deaths, is peacefully protesting.
edit on 31-10-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Oh and I suppose you think it is okay sometimes for the Police to instigate the violence in the first place, with having under cover cops, whom are mingling within a Protest, just to encourage and spark off violence. I suppose we are being mislead on that also eh>?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I could say the same about cops, whom go over the top when it comes to arrests sometimes, and whom went over the top during the confrontations with Protestors.. Or have you forgotten Thomas Kelly, Rodney King? and now nearly Scott Olson, Oh oks he is not dead, but will he be able to speak again? need I continue to name names who have been killed by Officers of the so called Law? I suppose we are all mislead on that also eh.
edit on 31-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Oh and I suppose you think it is okay sometimes for the Police to instigate the violence in the first place, with having under cover cops, whom are mingling within a Protest, just to encourage and spark off violence.

Of course not. You are making a straw man, diversionary argument. Pointing out violence, hypocrisy or violent rhetoric is one place does not excuse it elsewhere.

I suppose we are being mislead on that also eh?

When we are told someone is being peaceful, when they are not, is misleading. Just as you are attempting to mislead us by excusing and justifying violence.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

So it is okay for the Police to cause violence also.

You are the one who is justifying their need to beat down on peaceful protestors. It just shows your own biased views.

edit on 31-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I could say the same about cops, whom go over the top when it comes to arrests sometimes, and whom went over the top during the confrontations with Protestors.. Or have you forgotten Thomas Kelly, Rodney King? and now nearly Scott Olson, Oh oks he is not dead, but will he be able to speak again? need I continue to name names who have been killed by Officers of the so called Law?

Another diversionary straw-man tactic, attempting to distract us from violent rhetoric and threats. That there are such cops does not justify gleeful threats against others.

I suppose we are all mislead on that also eh.

Yes, again, you are attempting to mislead us by twisting my words. No where did I justify actions such as Thomas Kelly or Rodney King and I was very clear in this very thread Scott Olson did not deserve what happened to him. Attempting to change the subject away is misleading.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I do not need to twist your words. You are doing just fine in that.

As for the straw man argument. Total cop out. The Police Force has been, becoming more violent for years. So not it is not misleading. It is showing the Police for what they really are. They no longer serve nor do they protect the public either.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No where did I say that. Please tell us where I said that.

And, in the case where you cannot find a place where I justified police violence against peaceful citizens, please tell us why you feel the need to twist my words in order to either justify or cover-up violent rhetoric on a side you agree with.

You are the one who is justifying their need to beat down on peaceful protestors.

Please show us where I have justified violence against peaceful protesters. I have done the opposite, and shown where supposedly "peaceful" protesters were anything but peaceful. Throwing rocks and bottles (which OWS admits was done before the police fired tear-gar or rubber-bullets at OWS Denver), threatening to kill cops is not "peaceful" protesting.

It just shows your own biased views.

Yes, I am biased. I will admit it. I am biased against violence, violent rhetoric, wannabe tyrants and those who would lie and spin in order to cover up such things.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I do not need to twist your words. You are doing just fine in that.

Then you will have no trouble providing a direct quote from me where I justified police violence against peaceful protesters.

As for the straw man argument. Total cop out. The Police Force has been, becoming more violent for years.

No, it is a straw-man argument; because instead of addressing the point, that someone was threatening in a gleeful manner to kill someone else, you instead attacked another point that was much easier for you to address, one that no one else was even attempting to make or would even disagree with.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As a former Marine (1971-76) I remain Semper Fidelis but I have to wonder what this generation of Marines are really all about. The Marine Corp I knew thought of themselves as Modern Day Spartans living their lives to the highest standards; Body, Mind and Spirit; the words Loyalty-Discipline a constant ringing in our ears and standards of conduct that included "No Unarmed Women and Children". My son has now mustered out of the Marines and has told me much has changed, including the taboo against visible tattoos and under no circumstance would any self respecting Marine wear an ear ring or have body piercings like the lip stud the supposed Marine in the photo wears in this post. I would like to think Once a Marine, Always a Marine but I must say that I am embarrassed by some who call themselves Marines and hope this Gothic Skinhead is the exception and more important when it comes to a fight, it will be on the side of our Constitution that my fellow Marines will stand; otherwise things are TARFU.
edit on 31-10-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
...more important when it comes to a fight, it will be on the side of our Constitution that my fellow Marines will stand; otherwise things are TARFU.

Funny how often the Constitution is being left out of these discussions. Sure, OWS supporters in these forums have spoken of the Constitution but it is absent from OWS' own discussions it seems. The Constitution is of little import to them (as it is our elected officials); it is not the rule of law they want but the rule of men.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Originally posted by nenothtu
It looks like pepperball guns. They're like paintball guns, but the projectiles are filled with oleoresin capiscum or CN/CS powder as irritants instead of paint. See the orange stocks? That means they're non-lethal.

I saw video on the news last night of protesters who were "shot"; the wounds were consistent with a paintball gun or pepperball. Small, round bee-sting-like. Unpleasant but not terrible; enough to get your attention and make you think about your next action.

Yeah, I saw photos of the same sorts of injuries on them as evidence of "brutality". Not sure what the hell they'd do if anyone ever got brutal on 'em for real.

Maybe the cops will wise up and haul out some real guns before the likes of Unknown Soldier unleash the Flying Monkeys carrying real guns. I've tried and tried to warn these folks, but if nothing but a shooting war will do them, then I reckon they can go ahead and pick one.

I'M not sending flowers to the funerals.

Here's some marching music for 'em. On to Glory, BOYS!

Have to go to YouTube for the first one. Embedding it on ATS makes your computer throw up for some reason.

Civil Wars

edit on 2011/10/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No where did I say that. Please tell us where I said that.

I distinctly recall you saying NOT that.

Oh yes, HERE it is!

Of course not. You are making a straw man, diversionary argument. Pointing out violence, hypocrisy or violent rhetoric is one place does not excuse it elsewhere.

and HERE

Yes, again, you are attempting to mislead us by twisting my words. No where did I justify actions such as Thomas Kelly or Rodney King and I was very clear in this very thread Scott Olson did not deserve what happened to him. Attempting to change the subject away is misleading.

Seems pretty clear to me. I can't quite figure out why it's not sinking in. Blinders made out of old, worn out agendas. perhaps?

NOW I'm being flippant. Willful obtuseness brings that out in me.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Funny how often the Constitution is being left out of these discussions. Sure, OWS supporters in these forums have spoken of the Constitution but it is absent from OWS' own discussions it seems. The Constitution is of little import to them (as it is our elected officials); it is not the rule of law they want but the rule of men.

Whom wrote and agreed to the secular Constitution of 1776 but MAN?

We all had been following the secular rule of law by man for the past 2 centuries, a set of guidelines and rules for peaceful co-existant within a society, even if we still observe our religious faiths in private and personal space.

OWS does not seek to overthrow the Constitution or even the gov, or any amendments. It only seeks that the gov for bloody once listen to the cries of suffering by the 99%, being that the gov are the supposed elected legislators/leaders of society, and find solutions to alleviate us all.
edit on 31-10-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, I saw photos of the same sorts of injuries on them as evidence of "brutality".

For some people, that is a fun weekend. But when did the shooting start? After a protester shoved a cop off his motorcycle, then while he was being arrested, other protesters attempted to rush the officers.

But remember, no matter how violent they get, it's peaceful. And remember, their peaceful violence is justified because somewhere, sometime, there are corrupt cops.

Yeah, I saw photos of the same sorts of injuries on them as evidence of "brutality". Not sure what the hell they'd do if anyone ever got brutal on 'em for real.

But that is what some of them want. They want a Kent State moment, hoping for it.

Here's some marching music for 'em. On to Glory, BOYS!

If you've read history, their enthusiasm will remind you of the enthusiasm good English boys had marching off to Great War in the early days. And we know how well that turned out for everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Nope, the one that got injured in Oakland.

The first one, if you mean the one in NY, was wearing his desert MARPAT.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

I understand what you are saying, but in this case, the protesters did initiate the violence. They started throwing paint balloons, bottles, and rocks.

I still believe that the Police overreacted to a minimal threat, but they did not directly initiate the violence.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

No offense intended, but...Proof, or it didn't happen.

Sorry, I am hearing this all the time, but I have seen no actual evidence that this has occurred.

I am not saying that it couldn't happen,just that it may not have.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join