It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARINES TO OAKLAND POLICE: 'You Did This To My Brother'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Maybe the U.S Marines can and will finally deploy THEIR RIOT CONTROL against the police. Boy, that'd be a sight!!!

On another note: I can't view the link that is stated in the original, initial post.
edit on 27-10-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Your on the wrong side of the revolution.

How in the world did you let yourself get so brainwashed by the big corp. and big banks?

You threatened the Marine Corps and disrespected them after all they try and do for you?
edit on 27-10-2011 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't care if you're the police, the president or the pope, you have no right EVER to fire a weapon at an unarmed US citizen. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and be made an example of.
The entire Oakland PD is a study in how NOT to run a police department.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Lol. Thats funny. Everyone gets riled up when a veteran gets pissed on by the cops, but no one cares when a woman who was doing nothing more than minding her own business gets pepper sprayed in the face by a cop for no reason other than excersicing her right to a peacable assembly. Is that not hypocracy or what?

Cops get treated better than normal citizens. Vets and active duty get treated better than normal citizens, but when it comes to being a normal citizen no one gives a tin sh*t in a wooden outhouse. See where the caste system comes into play? I'll write it down so you can understand it easier.

Corporate execs/bankers> politicians/government officials> military> cops/law enforcement> EMS/fire rescue> normal citizens.

I guess what they say is true. Sh*t does roll downhill. The rest of us are on the bottom rung, the bottom feeders. We pay everyone elses paychecks that are over us and we get shat on for it. How is that? Do you like paying these people's pay checks just so they can piss in your face? I don't.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Your on the wrong side of the revolution.

How in the world did you let yourself get so brainwashed by the big corp. and big banks?

You threatened the Marine Corps and disrespected them after all they try and do for you?
edit on 27-10-2011 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

Uh, no, I didn't threaten anyone, especially the Marine Corps. A true Marine knows the code of honor, and if you go out into public and disrespect the uniform by rioting in the streets it is a dishonor to both the uniform and nation you swear to protect and defend.

And if you look, you will see that big corporations are bankrolling protesters.

And I stand on the patriotic side of the flag for my country. This battle is one that will end with a strong conservative government. Unlawful rebellion will be stopped. Although I think soon the corporations will tire of it and stop feeding money to the protesters which means that without being paid to riot they will simply go home and get a job.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We should not hit out at all the members of the police but the bad ones and the main culprit-the ones who has the authority and gave them the order to use force on the protesters.The ones who go on beat have no choice but to follow the orders and they have to show results(they have a quota to meet to proof that they are working instead of loafing around) We should demand the removal of such monsters in positions of authority !
The World Policing Force and The World Police are behind the decent people and peaceful protesters to bring down the domineering dictator minded animals.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Unlawful rebellion will be stopped.

Define lawful rebellion.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mayor Qwan is doing the bidding of the cops.I watched Olbermann's commentary she was placed under investigation by the Oakland PD.They have intimidated her so if she wants to remain mayor she's gonna let them do what they want.
Now they have pissed off current and former Marines and other members of the military.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Glad Scott Olsen is doing better.

I would like to take a moment and remember
JOSE GUERENA

azstarnet.com...

No arrests have been made in the three months since Jose Guerena was killed by a SWAT team during a raid of his home that officials said was part of a complex drug-trafficking investigation involving numerous people.

We all know there is
shoot first, ask questions later.
Stay Safe

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I saw this post in the original article in BI, too

As an ordinary citizen i would have to say they did it to my brother too.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

First and foremost, let's pray for a speedy and full recovery for Scott Olsen. How sad and ironic that this Marine, who was willing to stand on the wall to protect the freedom of his fellow Americans, would be struck down excercising one of the most basic rights.While his initial injury may or may not have been accidental, what happened after that was obviously intentional and extremely disturbing. To see people trying to help him get fired upon by a police force that is supposed to "Protect and Serve" So tell me, who exactly were they trying to protect by firing upon some people that don't want to leave a park? or get off a roadway? To the best of my knowledge, the only people being injured in any of these protests has been the protesters.

Now I am not absolutely on-board with this whole OWS thing, but I believe in our freedom. I fully understand the frustration of so many people. I have worked extrodinarily hard my whole life. I have owned a business and employed people, and supported a family of 5. But now in my 50s, I am struggling to survive. We are being squeezed, pushed and backed into a corner. What we are witnessing is much more than a couple of spoiled kids, as it is so often portrayed as. A train is coming people, and it is going to pick up speed pretty fast.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Good lord I hate you for posting this video. Not only did I watch.. but was left with no choice but to agree ... without reservation.. with everything that Keith Olbermann said. *shudder* Indeed the temperature in hell must have plummeted this day, and maybe the sky is green. I don't usually give credence to anything the media mouthpieces for the left or right have to say, and gave Mr. Olbermann maybe just slightly more credibility.. than say.. Rush Limbaugh. Perhaps things have changed since his departure from msnbc. I'll try to keep a more open mind in the future.

And in truth ty very much for posting that vid.. I'd have never seen it otherwise.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
The more I read about this, the more I feel the actual importance of this one man and the symbolism he represents.

This was one occurence I am sure no one thought of when this all began to play out.

What happened to this one man could very well change the results of this whole movement.

I now truly believe that when we look back, as informed people, we will remember what one thing changed the event from being almost dismissed and ridiculed to being taken very seriously.

The Scott Olsen incident will go down in history, and one day we may be telling the young people what happened, and that we lived it.

I have that sense as well, that there's real history in the making, and that this incident makes it perfectly clear just where the lines are being drawn.

I hope this incident causes countless 1000's more to join the movement, and take up the cause of peaceful non-resistence in the spirit of Ghandi, and on behalf of that marine. Geez, you had people running to his aid being repelled by more cannisters fired. Horrible!

I just hope the Protestors remain entirely peaceful and engaged in non-violent resistence/opposition.

Next - watch out for the instigators or the what are they called, those guys who work for the cops pretending to be protestors, starting up riots and engaging in violence to give the movement a bad rap, and invite crackdown. Be on the watch for those guys, they usually stand out like a sore thumb, and they must be rejected and ejected quickly and efficiently.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You guys have to read this.

The Oakland police chief is blaming other police departments. The mayor seems to be saying not my fault , I did not give the order. Not to mention. I never heard an order to disperse from the police in the video. The order to disperse must be stated by the police before any action is taken. The chief is saying the order was given to the protesters. The action taken was way over the top in my book.

I'm former military senior officer, and this action(s) taken by the Oakland police department really ticks me off to no end doing this to American citizens. it is there right to protest no matter what the message. Paint , rock whatever does not require the response of rubber bullets, flash bangs or CS gas.

Oakland Local News

Jordan was asked about the use of force, specifically what weapons were used by OPD. The department has “no rubber bullets in its inventory,” he said, adding that reports of flash-bang grenades were actually CS (tear gas) balls.

Oh any by the way they were flash bangs, I seen enough to know what they are, they will hurt you seriously if your close enough. throwing one into a crowd of people protesting is just stupid, someone will be hurt, and there was. The flash bangs should have never been used for something like this.

Meanwhile, a young African-American male held up a soda bottle filled with rubber bullets he said he had collected off the streets - which appeared to confirm they were used by one of the agencies involved, if not OPD.

Jordan also was asked why OPD had an LRAD, or sonic cannon, a weapon which is not legally allowed to be used on American citizens.

Why does a local PD own have a Sonic Canon? A Sonic Canon is a Military grade weapon, not to be used is in America period.

edit on 27-10-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
85 people were arrested, that's what I read in the paper, so the crackdown was definitely ordered.

My only question has to do with this claim of "unlawful assembly", what consittutes that? If people are gathered together in a peaceful demonstration on the streets of any American city, is that ILLEGAL?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
85 people were arrested, that's what I read in the paper, so the crackdown was definitely ordered.

My only question has to do with this claim of "unlawful assembly", what consittutes that? If people are gathered together in a peaceful demonstration on the streets of any American city, is that ILLEGAL?

No, and any act of legislation or sub par ordinance claiming such a right is illegal is unconstitutional, and unlawful.

These type of things are happening because in the past, people stupidly applied for the "permits" local municipalities and towns passed, foolishly believing they were being "law abiding" by doing so. Instead what they did was feed the serpent that is now rearing its ugly head to bite the hand that feeds it.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Excuse me I cared.

If that counts for anything. But hay I do no live there, I suppose my opinion And comments do not count. Oh Wells.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Prayers for Scott Olsen, he's got a hard road ahead of him but thankfully it looks like he will recover.

As someone who suffered a head injury myself, I know how hard it is to recuperate. This is the problem I have with those who are all for gutting the government down to a bare minimum. There is a strong possibility that if Scott has sustained a permanent neurological injury then chances are he may end on government disability like many others who have sustained on-going physical and neurological injuries. There is nothing wrong with standing up for the consitution but to gut the government will hurt alot of people who are in vulnerable life situations. How can that possibly be justified. How do you justify that to yourselves. Some of the very conservative among you seem to see life in black and white terms and that is it. Rather similar to the way alot of cops think in black and white. I hope the pro-totally gut the government people among you never end up in a vulnerable situation, never lose your jobs or your homes or suffer a permanent head injury. Though you may become more compassionate if you did, if you ended up being amongst the injured and vulnerable, you know, someone who ends up on a government paycheck. You think you would never ever end of accepting money from the government for anything but you never know wht life is gonna throw your way.

As for the police actions, of course the protesters had a right to be there, freedom of assembly, Scott had a constitional right to be there. People are so subtly oppressed these days they don't even realize how oppressed they are. Sanity is disappearing. Oh to live somewhere in which sanity rules.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Oh dont kill the messenger please.
, you hate me oh oh now I am upset.

But I read your thank you part at the end of your comments, is not upset any more, dabs my eyes and your very welcome. Normally I do not watch anything that guys says either. But what he said, interested me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lol. Thats funny. Everyone gets riled up when a veteran gets pissed on by the cops, but no one cares when a woman who was doing nothing more than minding her own business gets pepper sprayed in the face by a cop for no reason other than excersicing her right to a peacable assembly. Is that not hypocracy or what?

With all do respect, the Marines are a force, but sorry to hear about this woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join