It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Do people even read threads before commenting anymore? Gender identity is formed by the age of three. This has been found by numerous developmental psychologists including Piaget who is pretty much the father of modern developmental psychology.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The true test of the GS would be for a drag queen to become a scout leader. He/She could shower with the adults think that would happen?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Do people even read threads before commenting anymore? Gender identity is formed by the age of three. This has been found by numerous developmental psychologists including Piaget who is pretty much the father of modern developmental psychology.

This is bull #! as it is clearly impossible to know what a three year old thinks about his/her wee wee. Get over your self and your studys. If the scientific method was actually used in said study, and came up with this result. Then i will be the first to say science dosent know # about three year olds subjective interpretation of gender identity. You sir sound like a liberal reaching for any study to support your belifes, because apparently you cant think and observe for yourself.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

It seems like so many ATS members feel exactly as you do. That's pathetic, and it makes the forum look bad. I hope all of your children are born transgendered, so you will have plenty of opportunity to learn to accept it.
If not your children, then your grand children.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by guitarplayer

A drag queen is quite different than someone who is transgender. That statement is just ridiculous and pointless and only serves to add a touch of absurity to this issue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer
The true test of the GS would be for a drag queen to become a scout leader. He/She could shower with the adults think that would happen?

You digress, Drag Queens are a lot different to Transgendered/Transvestite/Cross Dressers .... honestly

link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I'm transgendered and I asked for a cabbage patch doll for Christmas as soon as I could talk, just like any other girl.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

It seems like so many ATS members feel exactly as you do. That's pathetic, and it makes the forum look bad. I hope all of your children are born transgendered, so you will have plenty of opportunity to learn to accept it.
If not your children, then your grand children.

I would abosultly accept my son or daughter being transgendered, assuming they are old enough to make such defineing choices of there life. However i wont accept my child was born a gayby(gay baby), first your are assuming that as a fetus they have a sexual predisposition towards its own biological reproductive function. Which is absurd. However if they are teenagers and make an imformed choice, who am i to not love them as there father. Get over yourself im tired of you people.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm transgendered and I asked for a cabbage patch doll for Christmas as soon as I could talk, just like any other girl.
well im glad you can now rationalize your choices.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Good for you, thought i was alone

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Because it's widely accepted that Psychology is not a true science.

www.arachnoid.com...

Basing expectations upon Psychological research is dangerous. Would you allow your son/daughter to be lobotomized because you were told it would "cure" them?

Now the same has happened in reverse. Acceptance is mainstream, as dictated by the same "scientific" community that used to give homosexuals shock treatment and lobotomies.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Technically I'm a Libertarian, but that's beside the point. It's more than just any study, it's every study performed on the subject. Children are a lot more self-aware than people give them credit for. In fact for a while it seems like the only thing they are is self-aware, what with that whole egocentrism thing. Let me ask you something. If these studies are wrong, why are researchers able to determine a child's gender identity at age three and then return years later to find that their gender identity remains the same?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality

. Get over yourself im tired of you people.

Nice of you to review these posts ........ why bother TechniX, negative comments serve no purpous, we are who we are .......... fin

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAfterSunset

The last time I stood up for us on this subject I got messages from other transgendered ATS members thanking me. They claimed to be transgendered as well. I can only imagine what would happen if all the manly men sitting in front of the computer right now in dresses actually came out on ATS. Having frequented boards about transgendered and crossdressing I know that a surprising number of crossdressers are of the ATS MANLY MAN demograph.

It's not an attempt at rationalization. Things are the way they are. I'm tired of ignorance. I'm only going to say this once in this thread......

WE ARE NOT ALL GAY

Stop comparing us to gay people. Thank you.

edit on 27-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Why isn't it a real science? It produces models that make accurate predictions based on empirical observation. Not to mention that with the advent of neuroimaging psychology is not much different from biology.

link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

we are who we are, i personally love it

link   
Aaaand congrats for having my posts deleted.

Clearly this is behavior fitting "accepting" people, is it not?

I'm out of this thread, since it's been moved and taken over (apparently by the moderators as well) by people who will accept nothing less than the acquiescence of their own wills and opinions.

I'm thoroughly dissapointed in both the staff here at ATS and the community for censorship of opinions that go against the mainstream (in this case everyone that really believes sexual identity is not an option).

But to stay on topic, since this seems to be the most pressing issue with why my posts are a problem (ok moderator?) I think the GSA leadership exercised a quick decision on this to avoid a lawsuit.

If they were to suddenly lose half of their scouts, be sure that reconsideration would be quick.

Thanks for the censorship, DontTreadOnMe. It was uncalled for and immature.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

I would just like to make it known that I did not report any of your posts. The only time I report a post is if it is a flagrant abuse of T&C whether or not I agree with the person. On topic. The rule that allowed transgenders to join was already on the books when this boy tried to join. That's what the big deal is in the article. He was told he could join by the people that create GSA policy in Colorado, but when he actually arrived the troop leader told him he was not allowed.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Technically I'm a Libertarian, but that's beside the point. It's more than just any study, it's every study performed on the subject. Children are a lot more self-aware than people give them credit for. In fact for a while it seems like the only thing they are is self-aware, what with that whole egocentrism thing. Let me ask you something. If these studies are wrong, why are researchers able to determine a child's gender identity at age three and then return years later to find that their gender identity remains the same?

This conversation could get really deep really quick, im not sure im prepared to go into this. First im not sure researchers can always positively identify a Childs gender identity after the age of three. You are making an absolute statement about a study I presume you read about, and were not involved in. Infact if I know anything about science absolutes are what we are searching for, but when we find one it seems there is always a deeper answer, or further understanding to completely grasp the concept.

Next please provide some proof of this, and also realize that whatever proof you provide there is an equal proof opposing your study. As we all know the study of the mind is elementary. We can’t even address consciousness, and why we are conscious? We don’t understand qualia and quiet frankly we have very little understanding of the subjective interpretation of our mind.

My sister is gay; however she will admit without any question that she made that choice. I think we are capable of choice in a closed system, I know it seems contradictory but for some reason we are able to make free choice within a closed system. Granted statistically speaking will most people make a choice outside of there environmental circumstances no; however the ones that do is statistically significant. I am not against gays, or transgender im against the idea that they don’t make the choice to direct there life’s living as such.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by JustAfterSunset

WE ARE NOT ALL GAY

Agreed, the majority are not GAY, you all need to read up before making any comment ..... seriously ..... do the stats

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join