It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender boy's attempt to join Girl Scouts initially rejected

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Your avatar is rather distracting...in a really good way though.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by smileypants

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by smileypants

With this boy as an example,

The mother needs to push the child to do more things that are acceptable for his gender and not coddle and encourage his issues, and the father needs to help pull the kid in that direction while not mocking or belittling him.

edit on 10/27/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Oh really, if only it were that simple... Do you have kids?

It is quite simple. I have four children, as I stated earlier.

I enjoy parenting. But I realize I am a parent and not a best friend. Everything does not fly around my house. I train my children to do what is right. If they deviate from that path when they have moved out of my house, that is on them. I will still love them as only a parent can love them, but I WILL NOT approve of their actions.
edit on 10/27/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

You seem to have very militaristic views on raising your children, not a criticism just an observation. They will grow up to be just like you, aren't you proud....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I posted in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will quote that entire post here for some context:

I am 16 years old, and a transgender. I want to become a female.

I will never have the sheer luck that this child has had; she has unique, understanding parents, early access to horomone treatments that will allow her to look beautiful someday, and she will never be alone.

By contrast, I live with parents who I am too afraid to talk to about my problem, no access to any doctors or psychiatrists that can provide me with vital horomone treatments and other care - By the time I get these, it may very well be too late to stop the masculinity developing in my body from being dominant and easily visible. It makes it so much harder to transition when people will look at you and ask themselves, 'Is this a man? Because the shape of his face, the broadness of his shoulders, his height tell me this.'

If I had androgen blockers (which do nothing but prevent puberty-causing horomones from being absorbed) at the age of 11, I may very well be a pretty young girl right now. Since I did not, I will have to make do with second best. Someday. Maybe never.

I am alone. She is not.

Those of you who feel disgusted by this should realize that just because we are children does not mean we don't know what we're talking about. I knew about my problem from a very young age, I dreamed of it literally, imagining when I was younger that maybe I would be granted magic wishes so that I could be free someday. I'm an avid reader, and I've been reading since I was three years old. I was interested in politics and history when I was ten, and by eleven I could most certainly make choices like the ones she is currently making.

Actually, I'm really very insulted by those of you that say just because we are children, our opinions, hopes, dreams, needs, and tears fall on deaf ears. I would be even sadder if you said this only because my parents were of the same sex. What more understanding parents could I have? What parents could be more loving, less repressive, than those who could relate to me?

Is the world really so bigoted? So far it appears the answer is yes - it will be a long time before we are accepted and loved. Until then, children like myself will have to endure. The rare few will get lucky, like this girl has. God bless her.

-----

Now.. I have to ask the OP and the rest of the posters: Why do you hold so much hate in your hearts? Do you realize that what you are saying is that you want to condemn an innocent girl - and yes, SHE IS A GIRL - to a life of misery, outcastedness, and depression?

You probably know many transgender girls and boys alike. You would never even know the difference if you did. You probably wouldn't even know the difference if you dated one. We're people just like you, and deserve the same respect.

It hurts, it does, it really breaks my heart that the first thing people say on this site when they see a story like this is "Oh, this kid must just be brainwashed by the gays."

First of all, sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with being transgender! I would love anyone that I fell in love with, I don't care if they're boys or girls. Every transgender child (and adults too) have our own sexual orientation, and it frankly is none of your damn business, thank you very much!

Second of all, how can you people call for this child .. or the rest of us, for that matter, to be taken away by Child Protective Services and locked up in some institution or put in an orphanage when we (well, at least some of us.. see above) have perfectly loving parents that understand and help us? I just don't get it. I don't get how people can be so mean, so cruel-hearted, so hopelessly ignorant.

Especially not here. This is a site for conspiracy theorists, right? I came here because I was tired of all the lies about OWS and the situation of the world, and I see threads like this filled with hate, bigotry and ignorance among those that consider themselves enlightened.

I'm depressed now. Luckily for me, I'm stronger than the rest of you cruel, sick morons and don't have to hop myself up on ritalin to keep myself alive. But that's what you advocate, isn't it? Take us away from our parents, put us on drugs and try and make us 'normal'.

Gee, thanks.

(P.S.: Thank you soooo much to those of you who understand, or don't and are okay with it. You are lifesavers.)
edit on 28-10-2011 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

Thank you for this insightful post. I hope you get your wish.

Why do you hold so much hate in your hearts? Do you realize that what you are saying is that you want to condemn an innocent girl - and yes, SHE IS A GIRL - to a life of misery, outcastedness, and depression?

There is a disconnect between minds when issues like this pop up. Forgive me for the following analogy:

Villains in movies are likely to be seen as just that, villains. Unless there is character development, then it is almost impossible to sympathize with them. We know none of their motivations, quirks or thoughts so all of their actions seem irrational. This is often subverted to give villains depth. When we know more about them as an individual we can start sympathizing with them. Until then though, they are just there to contrast the hero and seemingly doing EVIL for the Evulz.

This is my point. Its easy to forget we are all relatively rational human beings. We criticize others actions and wants as if they are totally without merit, when in fact they are likely just as thought out and important as ones own. Its a disconnect.

Not that cross dressers are villains in any way. Just an analogy.

Thank you again for the lovely post.

edit on 28-10-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

Some days i feel like using the ladies restroom, who are you to tell me i cant?

If you're a man you shouldn't be using the ladies restroom not even if you feel like a woman.

Scenario - my daughter needs the restroom, she goes in and comes out running "daddy, daddy, there's a man in there!", next thing you know you're seeing stars or pink elephants, whatever you prefer.

That should be sacred, the restroom.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Scenario - my daughter needs the restroom, she goes in and comes out running "daddy, daddy, there's a man in there!", next thing you know you're seeing stars or pink elephants, whatever you prefer.

Okay? So you would hit a person because your daughter was in the same room as them? More than that, you automatically assume the worst? Just because your daughter was in the same room as a cross dresser does not mean automatic child molestation will occur.

So, without any provocation, you attacked a person. Cause she/he existed in close proximity to your daughter in a room you call "sacred".

Maybe you are the one with the issues bud.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Okay? So you would hit a person because your daughter was in the same room as them?

If a MAN comes out from the ladies RESTROOM (not room, bud) where my daughter is, 100% and bet your life on it I would break his nose. Is that clear enough?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Okay? So you would hit a person because your daughter was in the same room as them?

If a MAN comes out from the ladies RESTROOM (not room, bud) where my daughter is, 100% and bet your life on it I would break his nose. Is that clear enough?

Yup. Its clear you are a violent irrational person who does not even take the time to grasp the situation before you attack a person who has done nothing to you.

Its perfectly clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

take the time to grasp the situation

Not when a man is in the ladies restroom and shouldn't be there. That's why it's a ladies restroom.
Little children also use the restroom, why should they be in the middle of this or exposed to it?

Of course i'm a little violent, i'm a human being or did you forget?

I'd knock you out if you came out of a toilet my little daughter was in, flat out. Then i'd grab you by the throat and say "what the hell are you doing in the ladies room you nonse".

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Not when a man is in the ladies restroom and shouldn't be there. That's why it's a ladies restroom.

You have no idea if he should or should not be there. The mens room could be out of order, he could be confused and went in the wrong room, he could want to feel like a woman, he could be cleaning the place, he could even be peeping at women. God forbid you take the time to find out the truth before you attack. To you, only nefarious scenarios come to mind(such as peeping).

Little children also use the restroom, why should they be in the middle of this or exposed to it?

That's retarded. I use public restrooms all of the time. Sometime there is a child in there. This does not mean i just expose myself to him. If you have a problem with your kids going into the bathroom that someone else is currently existing in, then dont use public restrooms.

We all pee and poop, nothing really to hide about it except the genitals themselves.

Of course i'm a little violent, i'm a human being or did you forget?

Yes, i hear that excuse in courts all of the time. Oh, wait...

Of course, your excuse does not apply to the transgendered woman you are attacking.

I'd knock you out if you came out of a toilet my little daughter was in, flat out. Then i'd grab you by the throat and say "what the hell are you doing in the ladies room you nonse".

So, you would knock a transgendered person out? Pick up her unconscious body and strangle it? Not to mention asking questions to your comatose victim is useless.

Listen, this does not mean that i support 'Men in Womens bathrooms'. However, I do not support irrationally executed acts of violence.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Clearly that transgendered person was a threat and needed to be put down. Thank God that those two woman were there. Not enough hero's in today's world.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Listen, this does not mean that i support 'Men in Womens bathrooms'

Yes you do.

And yes to all your other silly questions. I didn't say i'd strangle him, dont invent LIES.
I said i'd grab him by the throat and call him a nonse, after of course I break his nose.

It dont make one bit of difference to me what you could be doing in a ladies restroom, if you're in there, I arrive and my daughter comes out saying you're in there, consider yourself in a situation.
These things get taught to little girls, "if you see a man in the restroom, leave and inform an adult".

ETA:

What's the point of that video? Off topic much? Trollolol?
Aint we having a discussion?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

What's the point of that video? Off topic much? Trollolol? Aint we having a discussion?

Srsly? That video is exactly on topic.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[color=616161]I'm not particularly in the mood to read through 19 pages of bickering, so I cannot know if someone else has already mentioned this....

[color=57FFBC]I think the decision should be made by the other girls in that particular scout group. It is those other girls who are most likely going to be the ones that feel uncomfortable. Most of you can rant and holler all you want about having an open mind, but fact of the matter is, you will close this thread and move on to another topic. Those other girl scouts will not have that convenience. It should be their choice.

After all, it is not called 'Transgender Scouts', or 'Bi-Curious Scouts', or 'Confused Scouts', etc. etc...

It is called [color=FF94EA]'Girl Scouts' for a reason.

edit on 10/28/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OP is a closed-minded bigot who doesn't understand the reality that some people are born with mismatched brains/bodies and it has been proven scientifically.

Aside from that, gender roles are BS and anyone should be able to be an express themselves in any way they like. After all, girls can wear any clothing type whatsoever and guys are supposed to dress and present themselves in a narrow way. There can't be cross-drossing since girls can literally wear everything. That means whatever a boy wears is something girls wear. This nullifies the concept of one set of clothes for each gender.
Moreover most everything girls wear includes skirts, tights, wigs, make-up and high heels were originally boys clothes. What fabrics a person wears, what they enjoy doing and how they wish to look is part of the beauty of human expression and no disgusting bigots like the OP should have anything to say about it. OP should be ashamed and will someday soon be looked at the same way KKK members are looked at today; as the intolerant tiny-brained idiots who are unnaturally obsessed with the appearance and expression of others which is completely inconsequential to themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

It makes me SICK that the parent allows this.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join