It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien abductions may be vivid dreams: study says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Research center says pre-sleep activities influenced 'E.T.'-like encounters

Researchers say they have conducted "the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind."

In a sleep study by the Out-Of-Body Experience Research Center in Los Angeles, 20 volunteers were instructed to perform a series of mental steps upon waking up or becoming lucid during the night that might lead them to have out-of-body experiences culminating in encounters with aliens.

According to lead researcher Michael Raduga, more than half the volunteers experienced at least one full or partial out-of-body experience, and seven of them were able to make contact with UFOs or extraterrestrials during these dream-like experiences.

FULL STORY

This makes much more sense than people actually getting "beamed" onto a spaceship and having sensitive areas probed. What do you all think?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What about all the...um...probing...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

what about travis walton. he wasn't asleep and his abduction was witnessed by 5 co-workers that were logging with him in the forest.

they each passed a polygraph test that corroborated their story's. they were about to be charged with murder, yet they still stuck by what they saw.

either they are the best liars, trained by the c.i.a to fool a polygraph test, or they're telling the truth.

edit on 26-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
and of the people that weren't sleeping when it happened to them?
2nd

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK, so their not being abducted, they're having out of body experiences!!?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I don't know who this quack doing this research is, but it's total BS, I could debunk this all day long.

Wanna hear what someone with cred has to say about the subject? Try doing some research on John E Mack. Head of psychiatry at Harvard, and Pulitzer prize winner. He did extensive research on abductions so if you want to know about the subject matter thats a much better place to start.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Interesting.
At this point what's the consensus on OOBEs?
Are they actually just dreams and fantasies?
Lots of people think they're real and actually cite them as evidence for stuff such as aliens.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It comes as no surprise to me.. I have been suggesting the idea that these interactions happen mostly in the astral plane for some time now..

The question is does that render them invalid? Illusions? A purely cultural phenomenon?

I need not attempt dismount popular opinion on this one.. I find personal comfort in my faith that truth will be revealed in the fullness of time. We'll all be having a laugh then, one way or another

Peace.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Oh yes, being brought aboard an alien craft. Oh yes that must be one heck of a nice dream or nightmare.

Oh lookie, my camera must had venture with me to dreamland USA. And the photo I took apparently came back to this reality. My goodness, I wonder what does this all mean? Are our dreams capable of manifesting into reality or some of this really isn't a dream at all?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I guess implants really arent there...right?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSmartGuy

dude, thats an emo chick, not an alien

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm not going to debate you exactly what that is, but from it's appearance I must say I don't trust it and would probably stab it if I wake up and it was next to my bed.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

if she was next to my bed when i woke up...well...I cant say what I hope would happed, it would get me banned

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It doesn't make any sense for the situations when multiple people are abducted at the same time.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry but this is not a complete explanation for the phenomenon.

Originally posted by randomname

what about travis walton. he wasn't asleep and his abduction was witnessed by 5 co-workers that were logging with him in the forest.
Exactly what sprung immediately to my mind too. Keep thinking mate.

Originally posted by falseveils

It comes as no surprise to me.. I have been suggesting the idea that these interactions happen mostly in the astral plane for some time now..
There is something otherworldly about the phenomenon. However, there is evidence that is far more physical. I wish it was simple but it doesn't seem to be so. Perhaps we are looking at more than one phenomenon?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I don't know about dreams, but certainly SOME experiences are caused by astral phenomena such as trance state, real-time astral sight, projection, negs etc.

I would refer to the works of Robert Bruce.
edit on 26-10-2011 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ok then explain the The Manhattan Abduction (Linda Cortile Napolitano) case
The Manhattan Abduction

I can find more case if you like. these abductions did and do happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Budd Hopkins founded the not for profit Intruders Foundation. The aims of the organisation are.
  1. To provide sympathetic help, understanding and personal investigation for those reporting UFO abduction experiences.
  2. To carry out systematic research into the abduction phenomenon through a careful study of its patterns and resulting physical and psychological evidence.
  3. To mount an extensive program of public education about the phenomenon.
  4. To develop a cadre of trained professionals in various fields to carry out all of these projects.

Contact the Intruders Foundation if you think you have been abducted and want to get to the bottom of it.

This thread may be of interest. It is about Budd Hopkins and John Mack who are now dead. Many of the cases they dealt with soundly debunk the OP. It also has a video where they discuss the phenomenon. It's a good thread, even if a say so myself.

Exploring the Alien Abduction Experience - Budd Hopkins and John Mack M.D.
edit on 26/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
OK, so their not being abducted, they're having out of body experiences!!?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I don't know who this quack doing this research is, but it's total BS, I could debunk this all day long.

I think you are VERY disinformed. I myself read plenty of Mack, Vallee, Hopkins etc in the past .....and if you did too you will see there are CLEAR parallels between OOBES and Alien Abductions.

Every serious researcher will confirm this!

HOWEVER - it is speculation whether Alien Abductions are "only OOBES"....therefore "not real"...which is clearly only speculation.

But it is NOT speculation that many Abductions and what happens during Abductions seem to be happening outside of our "normal, physical world"..or will you deny that?

The Abduction phenomenon is WAY too complex to simply do it off as "oh, its only an OBE in your mind"...but its ALSO way too complex and mysterious to say it's an actual, physical event happening "in our reality".

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Both are happening. Both are real.
Sure plenty of people are having these episodes of sleep paralysis and vivid dreams of aliens
but that isn't to say people aren't being abducted.
Of course it's fair to say you're far more likely to have these vivid dreams than to actually come in contact with ET.

This is probably why a lot of reports on ET sightings and abductions happen late at night or while you should be sleeping, it's the most obvious time for an encounter to happen because you're in a dream state.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
All your gonna get to refute the doctor's analysis is stories and mores stories...everything but evidence.

There is no such thing as alien abductions and has never been...it is this centuries version of witches and goblins taking people in the night.

The believers always fail to realize one thing...not one piece of evidence exists to back their claims up. Implants have never been studied by any reputable institutions. They are always in areas one would find if they had taken a fall...such as knee, forearm...etc...most likely glass, wood fragments or other mundane objects.
Dr. Leir claims they have been examined..but has never provided the place and documents to back that claim up.

Budd Hopkins may have been a fraud...because he either intentionally or unintentional placed memories into peoples minds to get an alien abduction story.

You want to talk about a Harvard professor who has done extensive research on this phenomenon how about Richard McNally or Susan Clancy..but you won't take these Harvard educated people seriously because they go against your belief system.

Also why does the abduction phenomenon contain religious aspects if the abductee is religious and not if the person is not religious?

Why does the abduction phenomenon differ from country to country?

Why are Americans or people influenced by America abducted by greys?

Why are Europeans abducted by more humanoid beings?

Why are other countries such South American ones abducted by more colorful aliens?...maybe because their culture is more rich and vibrant so their hallucinations will contain a much more unique alien.

Too much holes in the abduction phenomenon and not enough excuses for the believers to fill them.

So yes Alien Abductions are most likely a figment of imagination, delusions due to mental illness, completely made up for attention, a way for people to deal with past sexual abuse or very vivid dreams.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join