It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we allowed to have two ATS accounts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'd like to have an account solely for the study and research of chemtrails. Are we allowed to have two accounts for such a situation?

I recognize I could do it without permission and use different computers/IP addresses, etc but I'd prefer to stick with ATS rules.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm almost certain that the answer is NO.

However, I suspect that some of the more unscrupulous and less genuine members do so - this usually results in a ban when found out - and rightly so.

Dare say any Mod will be better informed than I am.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I swear, there was a thread on this exact topic this morning. The answer given by the MODS was NO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
thanks a lot.

You can imagine that I don't wanna be associated with chemtrails all that much
talk about being BULLIED!! oh well... I'll just roll with it

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After rereading the T&Cs of this site and reading the replies of the moderators in the thread link posted above, it is clearly shown either the mods that replied do not want to deal with this situation for personal reasons, to not remember the section dealing with this question, have not read the T&Cs, OR the Terms and Conditions have been changed and are not public, therefore hidden, and not applicable, until they are properly linked by the owners of this site. According to the T&Cs found here...www.abovetopsecret.com... which are the Terms and Conditions link at the bottom of each page, showing it to still be active, the answer is YES you can.

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

edit on 26-10-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

so you can't talk to yourself
....sometimes I see folks talking to themselves in a thread....same user account even.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal in having more than one account. You can't S&F posts using different accounts that share the same IP address....I know, because my wife recently created an ATS account and I can not star or flag any of her threads.
edit on 26-10-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No. You are allowed one account and one account only. Which is more than enough to do your reasearch.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I quoted the exact T&Cs of this site and gave the source as well as the exact statement dealing with the question. I did the research. You however made a statement with nothing to source or back it up. please try again.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I was a moderator here for two years. I know the T&C by heart. Dupe accounts are not allowed. Just like the T&C that you quoted. Multiple accounts are not allowed.

Please try again.

Here.... a Current mod saying it is NOT allowed.

If you wish to argue with the staff... Please feel free to utilize the Complaint feature.

And for anyone who wants to try and put one over, thinking the mods wont notice... Read this.

They are also great at recognizing writing styles and other such give aways.

Again, Only one account is allowed per person. Have a nice day.

Game Over.
You lose.

Anything else?
edit on 26-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

simply to state as worded you may not have multiple accounts TO TALK TO YOURSELF. there is no argument there at all its black and white.

Edit to add: It makes noo difference to me as I only have one and no desire for another but as stated above and in the T&Cs. If this is confusing to people maybe an updated version is in order.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I don't think you read my links... If you did, you would not be saying what you did...

As written by super moderator Gemwolf:

Multiple accounts are not OK.

For the purpose of talking to yourself or any other reason. Again, if you disagree ask the staff.

You are wrong.

I have shown you the mods saying it is not okay, yet here you are... saying it is. You misinterpreted the T&C. No shame in that. You were wrong.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

no offense but a statement in another thread not easily available does not make a legal change to the posted T&Cs.

Please see my edit above in my last post as I was writing it while you were posting

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If this is confusing to people maybe an updated version is in order.

Perfect thing to tell them

complaint form

I agree. If it is confusing to people, it should be reworded.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

no offense but a statement in another thread not easily available does not make a legal change to the posted T&Cs.

Please see my edit above in my last post as I was writing it while you were posting

None taken,( My skin is much to thick to be offended ) but there was no change. Multiple accounts have NEVER been allowed.

I am giving you every opportunity to talk to the staff yourself and find out the correct answer....Even though I have already told you what it is. Like you said, research is important. If you don't want to take my word for it, go straight to the source. Ask the current staff...

Gemwolf was not changing a rule he was stating the status quo. Multiple accounts are simply not allowed. Not since day one.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think Agarta and gimme_some_truth are the same member just talking to themselves under two ID's.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Whether or not the mods are saying it, I have to say the T&C is Only saying that you can't talk to yourself, not that you can't have multiple accounts.

That is the only thing said in the T&C quoted a few posts up there.

I think there are a hell of a lot of members on here who do it and several staff members too.

edit on 26/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
I think Agarta and gimme_some_truth are the same member just talking to themselves under two ID's.

Busted!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Whether or not the mods are saying it, I have to say the T&C is Only saying that you can't talk to yourself, not that you can't have multiple accounts.

That is the only thing said in the T&C quoted a few posts up there.

I think there are a hell of a lot of members on here who do it and several staff members too.

edit on 26/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

What the mods say goes... Come on blup, you know multiple accounts are not allowed. Just because some memers have dupe accounts and have not been caught yet, does not make it any less a violation of the rules.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I couldn't resist!

edit on 26-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It was my understanding that No, you cannot have more than one ACTIVE account.

You can have your account banned at request and then switch to a new one, but can not use 2 accounts at the same time.

At least that is how I understand it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join