It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi accounts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Can I make a new account on ATS?

Im trying to clean up my internet rep (I go by 4 usernames) all into one username. Ive already deleted a ton of accounts and renamed them so I can keep things organized but I wanted to ask If this is T&C ok before I did it.

I dont feel like being banhammah-ed very much....

New Username will be: Darkredfish

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It is my understanding that it would be fine. I think I remember mods saying multi accounts are OK, as long as you are not caught doing things like arguing with yourself, using multi accounts to attack people and other trollish things like that. I would wait for a mod to weigh in first though, it could have changed since then.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I hope it's ok as I created an account the other day for when I move, I am retiring my internet name after 14 years. I found out one of my boys hijacked it and now I must hand the torch over to him. When I do, my new nick shall be AlaskaBound on ATS unless it is breaking some rule.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
It is my understanding that it would be fine. I think I remember mods saying multi accounts are OK, as long as you are not caught doing things like arguing with yourself, using multi accounts to attack people and other trollish things like that. I would wait for a mod to weigh in first though, it could have changed since then.

Multiple accounts are not OK.

We don't, however, have a problem if you create a new account and notify a staff member of the account change. Your old account will be banned as soon as you're ready to use your new account.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

What he said.

To add, Staff havet he ability to view all member accounts registered with similar information, so it's probably not something you'd like to try and get away with.

Soc puppets are not productive in ATS' environment.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
MULTI PASS

Sorry couldnt help myself

edit on 10/25/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When an account is banned or dead, is that why there is a ~ where stars would normally be?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
MULTI PASS

Sorry couldnt help myself

edit on 10/25/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

say no to sock puppets!!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As the answer has already been posted; thread closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

top topics

join