It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these manipulated Apollo images hide an unknown civilization?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Quite a few ufo-oriented websites have interviewed people who have either done deliberate image blurring or have seen others do it.

I think disclosure is imminent.

In an interview with a former astronaut, he candidly admitted that ( and I'm paraphrasing him ] Yeah, they don't bump off people like they used to to cover these things up.

You can only keep the lid on a boiling pot for so long.

link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
reply to post by Pinke

I do not make use of local equalization software. It is ridiculous to claim that I did. I used this:

Regarding 'ridiculous' ... I find that a little odd given a few things ...

People use contrast equalization and adapative histogram equalization to match the effects of Lucis in many situations. Lucis also discussed equalization in their patent, and had to explain what made their particular formula different.

Furthermore, given I had to guess what functions you were using I think I landed in the right ball park. Here's a comparison of Lucis with one of the functions you referred to as ridiculous. (Note, I even stated that whatever you were using was a variation)

Equalization

Lucis

Original

(All images quickly rescaled for forums)

Note: Lucis halos quite crazily.

Through many years of experience I have can tell what is fake and what is not. I deliberately never touch any image which has NOT been uploaded by NASA or ESA. I always check the md5 checksum and the NASA signatures available before I do any processing.

Through my few years of being a homeless person I've worked out never to rely on my 'credentials' to get me through a conversation. Regardless of whether the person is confrontational or just curious, it's the same as far as I'm concerned. Though I have met quite a few other persons that disagree with me, and you're welcome to and I realise you may think I'm being confrontational but am always curious about this type of things.

Originally posted by 1967sander
I do not make use of the cheap Lucis software but use the science application which is expensive to say the least.

Yes as every software Lucis also has side effects but never that big that it could create "fake" looking images.

The science application you mean LucisPro? $595? When I queried the science app didn't exist? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place???

Lucis seems useful enough. Normally I'd do more processing on the image above. It takes out a few steps normally required, but the haloing is quite large, so it can be misused in my opinion perhaps?

Realise you've decided to leave this thread. You're welcome to take up conversation with me in chat or other places.

Always interested in pictures.

link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Does this look like a mouse head to anyone else? I put a red box around it. To OP, nice work and very interesting. Not sure where I stand on this theory, but more food for thought.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Let me try?

"NASA wants you believe it is a mouse head-- but anyone with a brain can see it is a gopher head. It has long been widely accepted that gophers are known to have originated from the moon, but NASA was created to cover it up.

"No amount of evidence will ever convince me that mice live on the moon-- especially if that evidence comes from NASA!"

Not bad, huh?

I need a nap.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Brilliant thread, thank you...very interesting......

I was thinking about something else while watching the video.....This is not NASA or space related, but even photographs that were taken during the time when Kennedy was assassinated, would this kind of technology around photo's etc be able to see more detail around the grassy knoll area........Just a thought...If this has been already mentioned on this thread, please accept my apols...........Obviously I am not much of a technology expert and this may have been used before on Kennedy photo's......Just saying................

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Not bad at all.
So the moon is made of cheese after all and inhabited by mice, er gophers... um, little beasties.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
To be fair some of those could just be editing out anomalies, I don’t see why they would go through the trouble to taking photos of things they want to keep secret. Surely if you want to hide something you don’t take photos of it, hide it then release it. Cool video though and proves they are edited to more hopefully.

If I were in charge of Nasa I would say find an empty area and take the photos .

link   
Double post
edit on 26-10-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

link   
Great one, OP. you know, NASA's story is that there's nothing there..so there should be no need of any kind of manipulation at all. No national security issues, etc should exist. They are clearly hiding structures on the moon. if there are structures on the moon, we either have alien life,or we have a human society, predating our current one, that was highly advanced and destroyed itself, or we have some of both.

Either way, if you're still walking around thinking we're alone in this galaxy, you're in deep, deep denial. Thanks again, OP.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Explanation: Yeah ... I see it ... star for you!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I like your mouse better than the one I know is there poking its head up as the camera snapped a surface pic.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

I was thinking about something else while watching the video.....This is not NASA or space related, but even photographs that were taken during the time when Kennedy was assassinated, would this kind of technology around photo's etc be able to see more detail around the grassy knoll area......

No software can increase the amount of information in the original. It can only enhance what is there and or add information that does not exist in the original. To get the absolute best you must have the original negative or slide.

This Lucis is no more capable than the other software out there and Lucis seems to me to be simplified to make it more user friendly, not more capable. For the most part plug-ins just add an interface and control that take advantage of capabilities already in the host application. It's attraction is the time savings. If the time savings outweigh the price, you buy it.

Filters often use interpolation which adds things not in the original. What I'm seeing here mainly works with the slight differences in contrast and tone in different ways. Kind of like the HDR image filtering in CS5 to simulate HDR images by manipulating non HDR images. This can be done at an even deeper level breaking the image into channels and manipulating each channel separately.

I've noticed that Adobe adds capabilities each generation that negates the need for particular plug-ins because they no longer are needed. For instance with CS5 the expensive masking plug-ins are pretty much unnecessary now. With most photos since the Raw image feature that comes with Photoshop can be used by converting any image to a tif or jpg you can pull out nearly any detail and select the exact level of detail you want to preserve and enhance. You can easily remove chromatic aberrations, noise and such.

OK, I have diarrhea of the keyboard. Sorry. Half asleep today.
edit on 10/26/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
after a high level of analysis , i believe you have found proof of clangers on the moon

the above video was captured by the hubble space telescope...hence the poor resolution .......

i wonder if the other blueman is the iron chicken?

edit on 26-10-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

added vid

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by davethebear

I was thinking about something else while watching the video.....This is not NASA or space related, but even photographs that were taken during the time when Kennedy was assassinated, would this kind of technology around photo's etc be able to see more detail around the grassy knoll area......

No software can increase the amount of information in the original. It can only enhance what is there and or add information that does not exist in the original. To get the absolute best you must have the original negative or slide.

This Lucis is no more capable than the other software out there and Lucis seems to me to be simplified to make it more user friendly, not more capable. For the most part plug-ins just add an interface and control that take advantage of capabilities already in the host application. It's attraction is the time savings. If the time savings outweigh the price, you buy it.

Filters often use interpolation which adds things not in the original. What I'm seeing here mainly works with the slight differences in contrast and tone in different ways. Kind of like the HDR image filtering in CS5 to simulate HDR images by manipulating non HDR images. This can be done at an even deeper level breaking the image into channels and manipulating each channel separately.

I've noticed that Adobe adds capabilities each generation that negates the need for particular plug-ins because they no longer are needed. For instance with CS5 the expensive masking plug-ins are pretty much unnecessary now. With most photos since the Raw image feature that comes with Photoshop can be used by converting any image to a tif or jpg you can pull out nearly any detail and select the exact level of detail you want to preserve and enhance. You can easily remove chromatic aberrations, noise and such.

OK, I have diarrhea of the keyboard. Sorry. Half asleep today.
edit on 10/26/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your reply, I think I understand what you are stating...always nice to learn something new every day.......cheers

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Something is WRONG with the editing process here at ATS. I wanted to say that 1967sanders is doing a great job. But the editing process does not allow me to edit my post the way it should be. Terrible process here and the leaders here should see that this stuff is corrected as soon as possible for their own good.

After four hours not being able to edit is incredibly ridiculous. Someone could have an emergency and need to come back long after four hours. Terrible precess to say the least..
Again, great job 1967sanders!

edit on 26-10-2011 by thetiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Top notch thread both from the Op and the debunkers - this is what ATS is all about.

While there was photo manipulation in the 1960s and 1970s, even from NASA - at some point in time, the public
technology would overtake private technology from yesteryear.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Jaw dropping, I was honestly blown away by some of your findings. The tape images were to me perhaps less solid, but I am ignorant on how your software works so I may be completely wrong. Great work on these photos and I am truly hoping you take time to bring more findings like these to us here. S&F!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
cool stuff but can anyone show how the software works on "control" pictures...
that way we can see how things look on a normal photo.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I really hate when you type a whole thing out and lose it.

Anyway, I did want to say that I personally don't believe that any of these photos were edited for any other reason than to enhance the contrast, subject matter, or in some cases to remove imperfections in the photos...such as in the case of "the blue man" image.

In fact I know I've had the blue man at one of my birthday parties in the 70's and during other moments in my life too. I've also had "orbs, will o' wisps, and spirits" which turned out to be imperfections, dust particles, insects, and all type of other items. If you want to find something enough though, you will.

That being said, many people here have been claiming that the technology wasn't available to NASA back then and that is completely inaccurate. It used to be done with airbrushes (hence the term) and even prior to that it was done by retouching with ink, paint, double-exposure, taping or gluing photos or negatives together, and even scratching the film itself.

There were cases of this in the Civil War and during WWII the Soviets and Nazis did it quite often, actually removing people and items from known photographs for propaganda purposes.

Could it have been done? Absolutely.
Was it done? Most likely.
Was it done for nefarious reasons? Doubtful.

As I said, most likely to remove imperfections and make the subject matter have more significance.

Just a footnote. Even NASA acknowledges that "image manipulation" is a skill their employees have or need to have.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If there is a civilization on the moon, why did we stop going there? Especially for an agency that is always having it's funding and programs cut.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The original "blue man" photo appears to be an old photo retouching. Whatever ink the artist used, it's giving out with old age...I've had this happen to myself as well. Most white inks are not lightfast or even archival quality. They yellow and get translucent over time. Whatever was painted over is just coming back through. Also the usage tape to blot areas out is well used technique when commercial art is used and not computers. Seems like a good examination on the video.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join