It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Scotland tied to lampost and burned to death, awful shocking murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Couldn't find anything on ATS about this. This guy has been described as a lovely, friendly guy who was always the life of the party and wouldn't hurt anyone, yet he was apparently tied to a lampost, beaten and then burned alive.

'The man, who has been identified, was found near Caponacre Industrial Estate in Cumnock. The body of the 28-year-old was discovered just before 5am on Saturday morning.

Detectives have now launched an investigation, after it was believed the man had been strapped to a lamppost then beaten and finally burned.'

There has been a brief speculation that it may be a hate crime.

'There was speculation he may have been attacked because of his sexuality, but Strathclyde Police said they were in no position to comment.'

This is a truly horrifying crime and I hope that they find whoever is responsible as soon as possible. Its a shame that this isn't too shocking to me as teenagers and young gangs here in the UK have no sympathy at all for their victims, enjoy inflicting awful pain and feel that they can kill with little fear of real justice. For murder here you will only get a short sentence compared with most countries, although the awful nature of this crime I hope will see life sentences handed out. I have lived in areas with gang problems in a couple different towns in the UK and the kids really do not care about consequences of their action or have sympathy at all for their victims and this is terribly shocking. Mothers even try and obstruct justice knowing that their sons have murdered, I can not believe kids can be raised to be so wicked and feckless.

Now they are not sure who did this so this is a bit of a rant, but this is the kind of brutality I have seen in other gang attacks, usually by young people aged which is why I bring this up.

May this poor man rest in piece, I feel terrible for his family. This is an awful crime and I hope that justice is swift before these pathetic excuse for humans commit further brutality.

Sources:

www.realradio-scotland.co.uk...

www.crimestoppers-uk.org...
edit on Tue Oct 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Not in a position to comment.." probably means he is gay as reported in one the tabloids this week, and Ayrshire is a pretty backward place to be honest.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
That's horrible. I really hope you people in Great Britain start giving two fingers up to your government and start arming yourselves with firearms. Seriously. It's time you guys stop this yob culture that's growing over there.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

He was gay and there is mass speculation that this was a hate crime, but there is nothing specifically to indicate this so I didn't bring these articles into it. Whatever the reason nothing justifies doing this to another person.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hey, it was on the news and said he wasnt strapped to a post. hope the "blanks" get cought or worse. typical neds.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by Ramcheck

He was gay and there is mass speculation that this was a hate crime, but there is nothing specifically to indicate this so I didn't bring these articles into it. Whatever the reason nothing justifies doing this to another person.

Oh absolutely I agree it shouldn't even be an issue anyway. Burning is quite a common occurrence though to be fair, usually it's on a golf course or 'out of the way', and they rarely get press coverage. First lamppost burning I've heard of in years though.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This happened just down the road from me in Ayr! It is absolutly disgusting and i hope the family get the poepl who have done this before the cops do!

Absolutely sickening attack on such a well known and well loved man!

R.I.P Stuart walker!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Muslim??? what are you on about!

Do a little research on the story my friend! i can assure you our local communities are absolutly shook by this!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I really hope you people in Great Britain start giving two fingers up to your government and start arming yourselves with firearms.

For goodness sake, can't you Americans keep your fearful, paranoid hard-on for guns in check for 1 minute ?

I'll spell it out for you: w-e d-o-n'-t n-e-e-d o-r w-a-n-t g-u-n-s. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Seriously. It's time you guys stop this yob culture that's growing over there.

''Growing yob culture'' ? Behave yourself. Violent crime is decreasing in Britain.

It's extremely rich for an American to comment about a supposed ''yob culture'', when the US is the most violent country in the Western world, and where yob-filled ghettos are the norm in every city.

While this case is particularly shocking and brutal, it's not surprising that sick human beings exist in any heavily populated region of the world. It's hardly symptomatic of British society, as a whole, especially as we aren't even aware who the perpetrator(s) are, nor the motive for the crime.

edit on 25-10-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

I doubt very much it was Muslim related at all. Here in the UK it was most likely your typical chav kids, most of whom in this area are probably from white 'Christian' homes.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
post removed by staff

LOL Stuart Walker isn't a very Muslim name, add that to the fact he's very much Caucasian and we can rule out that one

edit on Tue Oct 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

That's horrible. I really hope you people in Great Britain start giving two fingers up to your government and start arming yourselves with firearms. Seriously. It's time you guys stop this yob culture that's growing over there.

Yeah because guns really stops all hate crimes in the US, doesnt it?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Here we go with the guns again..... seriously, just shut up.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
post removed by staff

Unless they were meaning something along the lines of an Asian on White murder, which we have had in the past (Kriss Donald), but honestly? There's pretty much no issues at all between Scots and Muslims. Only Scots and Scots

No idea why Muslims were brought into this anyway?

By the way, cops will be all over this thread, they are still very much investigating.
edit on Tue Oct 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Yeah because guns really stops all hate crimes in the US, doesnt it?

Certainly not all, but it would be nice if people would be allowed to protect themselves from the insanity of the yobs. You can't stop all crimes all the time, but given a chance to even the score, I'll take that over being an unarmed victim. Let's not derail the thread. It's about the yob culture and the fact they're violent possibly responsible for killing a human being because he was "different".

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I'd almost be willing to bet that this young gentleman may have wanted a gun when this all began, honestly...

Guns are tools. Yes, some tools can be misused, but they can also serve their valid purpose - and people not having guns doesn't change human nature (which itself is the problem) - I'd have to look at the VIOLENT crime statistics for comparison, but the UK has a generally higher overall crime rate than the US, so we all might want to hold off on the throwing stones, as well as on drawing any correlation as to reasons behind such statistics anyway.

Regardless, this is a tragic occurrence and I can only hope that the perpetrators are found and steps taken to make sure they cannot repeat such things. Take care, friend.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Here we go with the guns again..... seriously, just shut up.

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic of the thread, or are you just a troll that looks for the word "gun" and posts comments against it? Just curious.

To the OP, sorry if my original comment is derailing your thread a little. It wasn't my intent, but some people are incapable of staying on topic.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
''Growing yob culture'' ? Behave yourself. Violent crime is decreasing in Britain.

Uh, yeah, okay. British Violence

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join