It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in Scotland tied to lampost and burned to death, awful shocking murder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by khimbar

The research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting,

Need I say more...?

edit on 26-10-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

So you should say you prefer to use statistics or evidence as long as you can chose to igore sources you don't want to listen to? Of course.

news.bbc.co.uk...

You prefer the BBC?
edit on 26-10-2011 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
So you should say you prefer to use statistics or evidence as long as you can chose to igore sources you don't want to listen to? Of course.

I will accept any source, as long as the research and statistical base is derived objectively and independently.

The ''research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting'' doesn't sound like an impartial, objective source.

Originally posted by khimbar
news.bbc.co.uk...

You prefer the BBC?

Behave yourself.

Do you actually realise that they are reporting about an increase from 40 gun-related murders per year, to 50 ?!

That's about 1 gun death every 8-9 days.

40 gun deaths is probably an average weekly total in US cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I will accept any source, as long as the research and statistical base is derived objectively and independently.

The ''research, commissioned by the Countryside Alliance's Campaign for Shooting'' doesn't sound like an impartial, objective source.

I see, 'doesn't sound like' being derived objectively and independently and being totally impartial of course?

Do you actually realise that they are reporting about an increase from 40 gun-related murders per year, to 50 ?!

That's about 1 gun death every 8-9 days.

40 gun deaths is probably an average weekly total in US cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, etc.

Totally irrelevant and I'm not sure why you even mention it? It clearly shows that gun crime increased in the years after the enforced confiscation of hand guns.

Not sure why you feel the need to bring America into it, especially as for someone who professes a desire for unbias statistics you then explain them as 'probably an average?'

edit on 26-10-2011 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Then you fall into the ''fearful, paranoid coward'' category of most American gun-owners.
What possible benefit would you have from doing so ? Aren't your fists good enough protection ?

What kind of retarded argument is that? No, they very well may not be.

Owning a gun for protection does not make one a coward. It makes one a prepared individual with "better safe than sorry" attitude. Only very stupid people would fight an attacker with fists when a more powerful option is available.

I am all for necessary gun control, but lets not demonise gun owners. There is nothing wrong with owning a gun for personal protection, quite the contrary, it may be a wise thing to have one, especially in Britain, an European capital of violent crime..

edit on 26/10/11 by Maslo because: sdgsd

edit on 26/10/11 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
latest from Sky News regarding this:

Stuart Walker Stuart Walker's badly burned body was found in the early hours of Sunday morning 3:24pm UK, Friday October 28, 2011 Police investigating the death of a barman in Scotland have arrested an 18-year-old man. The man was taken into custody on Thursday evening, less than a week after Stuart Walker's badly burned body was discovered at an industrial estate in Cumnock, Ayrshire. "We can confirm that an 18-year-old man is currently detained in connection with this inquiry," a Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said. Mr Walker, 28, died after suffering what police describe as "horrible injuries". Flowers left at the scene in Cumnock for Stuart Walker Flowers left by friends of Mr Stuart's after his body was discovered His body was found shortly before 5am on Sunday morning. He had been out with friends and was last seen alive at around 2.30am. There was speculation he might have been attacked because of his sexuality but police said they were not in a position to comment.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
deleted.

edit on 28-10-2011 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Why do you assume it was youths and is connected to the UKs gang culture?

Could have been a disgruntled old granny for all you know. Really annoys me that people blame the UKs younger population for any crimes these days.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join