It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Next Gen. Mount Chilliad.

That is all.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
Next Gen. Mount Chilliad.

That is all.

YES!!
did you ever drive off that thing in the hovercraft?
you could glide for ages

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

The game was simply not to the same standards as Vice City or Sanandreas. The humour wasn't as funny, the game got boring pretty fast, with nothing to do.

I agree, the gta humor was strangely absent.

Boring? Not really, I didn't find it got boring, there are tons of side missions and achievements. Actually, out of all the GTA games, and I've completely all of them right back to the original series and expansion, gta4 had the most things to do.

In fact it took me almost a year to get it to 100% completion only to log in to PSN and get an update that enabled trophies. Yeah, I refused to go back and start over.

GTA4 was everything I was expecting from the series and more. they tried to go a little more adult with the feel of the game hence the lack of the standard GTA silliness, but some of it remained.

Driving around drunk? seriously that was great, an awesome throw back to driving all stoned trying to get that hippy to the hospital in San Andreas.

San Andreas fell flat for me because 99% of the game was the empty space between the cities. 95% of the missions involved driving for at least 20 minutes. That game got old for me fast but i of course stuck with it to the bitter end.

I hear people complain about "nothing to do" in GTA a lot. What freaking game are they playing? You can basically do whatever you want in GTA.

want to be a cop? do it
Taxi driver? Do it
Ambulance? Go for it
Hooker murderer? done

The one thing I felt lacking, and they made up for in China Town stories, was being able to deal drugs in the game as a income source, it really helped make you feel like a crook.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

San Andreas fell flat for me because 99% of the game was the empty space between the cities. 95% of the missions involved driving for at least 20 minutes. That game got old for me fast but i of course stuck with it to the bitter end.

thats why they had the hydra cheat

also agreed, new game needs drug dealing!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree that GTA 4 was crap. It was over hyped but had far less features than the previous games. It seemed more like a giant leap backwards if you ask me.
I think it is time to return to London or a setting outside the US as the same setting is getting very old.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
San Andreas remains to this day one of my favorite games of all time. The scope of it was tremendous. It was the ultimate gangsta rpg. You could spend hours just pimping out your wardrobe, winning low rider bounce contests,or "going in for coffee". VI fell flat for me. It was a dry turkey sandwich.

I hope they can recapture that feeling that you had to do everything but go to the bathroom for your character in a virtual California parody.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
How's this, i posted GTA V as a news tip to Gameinformer and they totally screwed me over

They said that they would recognise me as the guy who bought the info to light, they didn't

can't trust journalists.

www.gameinformer.com...
edit on 25-10-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The game was simply not to the same standards as Vice City or Sanandreas. The humour wasn't as funny, the game got boring pretty fast, with nothing to do.

Vice City is my favourite. But i don't understand what everybody likes about San Andreas. It was a huge mess, it was as if Rockstar said "The game sells good anyway so just let's try out all ideas we have' it was like a big failed experiment with features nobody needed (the so called rpg-features that did nothing but were annoying), that were broken (Gang Wars with stupid AI aren't fun) and a world that was way too large for it's own good. Instead of making 3 broken cities with too few features, make one big city with a lot to do. Works better.

GTA 4 and the Episodes were the result of this experiment game and i think they did a fine job at cutting away the crap, leaving the good parts and improving a lot of aspects. And i thought the humour worked a lot better than "fat 'n-word' buys 10 meals at a fast food restaurant" - Brucie Kibbutz at least was hilarious

The whole setting of San Andreas didn't work. You can't make fun of the whole Rap World because in itself it's already a big joke inhabitated by low-life scum who talk like retarded monkeys

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hope they restore the old style stats list. Things like how cops you shot was taken out of GTA4, so were the decent kill frenzies.

A map of a non-US city would be good, & please don't bother saying GTA london.
edit on 25-10-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Vice city had the best radio stations ever! the 80s songs just rocked

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
"fat 'n-word' buys 10 meals at a fast food restaurant" - Brucie Kibbutz at least was hilarious

haha i remember that! "Smoke you fat n*gga!!"

edit on 25/10/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)
edit on 25/10/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i think Bart Scott sums it up

what do you guys think of the styling of the "V", thats gotta be a clue as to when and where its taking place

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
VC was awesome, awesome awesome...but i would not go so far that GTA 4 was bad.

How they simulated a whole city...just incredible..and STILL fascinating..you can do stuff in that city and dont even need to go with the story..and it's still fascinating. But..of course no one can beat the 80s music

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The problem with GTAIV for me was I found it harder (but that might be my age creeping in because I am sure people will argue it was too easy), I found myself disinterested in the characters or their story to be honest, I just can't connect with him for some reason, I haven't even got onto the third island but I don't feel really that interested to even try to work my way through the frustrating missions to get to it and do you know why? because of the main issue I have with the game.

Boring world! It is just the same boring grey dull miserable roads surrounded by miserable buildings, If I wanted to drive around dull grey streets in bore town I will drive around the estates here in the UK.
Oh cool I unlocked another part of the map, lets drive around, same old boring streets, the only saving grace is probably times square, oh look at all these neon signs and billboards, what can I do here? nothing, that's what, enjoy the scenery because that's as far as it goes, once you have seen it and seen it offers nothing in the way of entertainment beyond its pretty lights, times square is just another stale road of lifeless buildings.
As I said I haven't got to the last island and in no rush to get to it because I know what it will be, grey buildings, dull roads, the same traffic with the same people saying the same things and all seemingly pointless zombies, grey zombies.

In San Andreas the city felt alive, everything had character and a purpose it felt, and that is just Grove Street and the surrounding streets, let alone the vastly changing landscapes offered as you progressed through the game, I couldn't wait to see what it had to throw at me next, with GTAIV, it all feels a little bit stale and lacklustre with no enjoyment beyond blowing up cars and playing with the ragdoll physics, I downloaded San Andreas on xbox live, I can play that for a good couple of hours or so, with GTAIV I find I am bored as soon as I've driven around for 5 minutes and failed yet another mission that just feels devoid of excitement and achievement, more a case of "thank f''' I am off that mission, it was boring!"
Believe me as a fan since GTA 1 on the Playstation 1 I can guarantee you GTAIV is not in my opinion a GTA game but more like a desperate clone, Red Dead on the other hand was a very enjoyable experience throughout and ranks in my all time favourite games, the landscape there was excusable for being baron of much but it still felt like it changed and had plenty of character and the whole feel and atmosphere was excellent, GTAIV on the other hand I had to pause to remind myself where I was because it all looks the same and feels the same, depressing.

If it didn't bare the GTA title and was some independent game I would say hats off for a good effort but Rockstar can do it better and therein lays the problem, Rockstar can do it better and I think they know that, they gave us a physics engine and good detailed realistic graphics (albeit boring) but they took a step back on the offerings so they left room for improvement so they could do as they did with the big 3 on the PS2, lets hope GTAV is to GTAIV what Vice City is to GTAIII because GTA3 compared to Vice City is dull, and Vice City isn't as exciting and vast as San Andreas and that is why it seemed a little disappointing, because they took a step back to GTA3 in many aspects but lets hope they fix that, lets have some colour, fun, and variation back in GTA please Rockstar and for Gods sake with PS4 and XBox720 around the corner give us the best you have now please and hire back the writers of old, I would love a dead eye style system too if that's not too much to ask.

/rant and a long overdue rant at that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I play GTA IV every day still!!! Best game ever. Red Dead comes in at #2. If you haven't played the Lost and the Damned or the Ballad of Gay Tony, do yourself a favor and play them! I wish Rockstar made every game...Spider-man, Star Wars, the thought gives me goosebumps. I'm online in freemode taking down choppers everyday on the PS3 baby!!
(MikeNitro94) PSN

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is what i've always wanted in a gta game...

1. Realistic laws. I want to be speeding down a road, pass a cop, and see his lights flip on and start chasing me. I want to drive on the wrong side of the road and see the same thing.

2.Health. I would love to see it when you get shot 2-3 times you die. I like realism when i'm playing a game like that. I also want someone to die if i shoot them. Maybe not in an arm or leg, but if i shoot someone with a 357 in the chest, they should die.

3. get rid of people knowing where you are. I want to be able to sneak away into a building and have the cops actually look for me, instead of ramming cars into the building, and having a helicopter just shooting, knowing where i am at all times.

4. All building accessible. Yeah that's probally never going to happen but would be cool.

5. No 5 second jacks. It doesn't take a few seconds to hotwire a car. I want you to be able to steal keys from people instead, or having to maybe level up a hotwire skill to make jacking cars faster.

That's all i can think of atm, i know most wouldn't like it, they should just have a setting for a simulator difficulty or something..

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNitro94
I play GTA IV every day still!!! Best game ever. Red Dead comes in at #2. If you haven't played the Lost and the Damned or the Ballad of Gay Tony, do yourself a favor and play them! I wish Rockstar made every game...Spider-man, Star Wars, the thought gives me goosebumps. I'm online in freemode taking down choppers everyday on the PS3 baby!!
(MikeNitro94) PSN

I'm with you, man. Only I'd swap the order of GTA4 and RDR. I feel RDR is the most incredible game ever created. GTA4 had a Hollywood script and great characters. I think the people that liked San Andreas more was just upset by the lack of customization in GTA4 which I understand.

If they made GTA5 with the Euphoria engine and the customization of San Anderas, then it would make all the fans happy. The RockStar dudes know what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'd be excited but since Vice City, I thought the series went downhill.

Honestly, Tommy Vercetti and his story will never be beaten, that entire game was just perfection.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Cannot wait to see the trailer.
GTA IV for me was awesome, yes single player was a bit boring and there wasn't much to do, but online was great, DM and FM were so fun, FM especially if you were with a group who like to explore and find secrets.

I'm not gonna debate what V should be about or were it should be set because we'll find out soon enough.

IV was basically a back to basics thing because it was a brand new engine they built from scratch, now with tweaks and fixes, this should be the Vice City to GTA III.

It seems like yesterday I was trying to get my online character to level 10, (it took me 2 years), and now all that fun will come back. Though we get the trailer soon the game probably won't be out for another year or more.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I never got all hyped up for the grand theft auto series, they are good games and fun to mess around in. But they all get old fast and are rarely a challenge, I mean there is only so much driving around and missions you can do for this or that guy before it gets old, and you say screw it, lets blow stuff up and go to sleep.

However saying that they do put a lot of time and effort into the game, especially gt4, the story was good and interesting, and the inhabitants of the game-world the npc's always interact in interesting ways. Even if for me it does get boring fast, I still got to appreciate all the work they put into bringing the game and its inhabitants to life. If you were to look at the end credits of gt4 it's got to be the most people I have ever seen working on any video game.

So I hope they do something more then the same old do mission, shoot stuff, drive around crash into things, this and that game-play, I really hope they up the game-play mission department on part 5. But as far as the sandbox motif games out there, the grand theft auto series is got to be the best out there when it comes to that. And I want to see what they have created this time, there cities and characters are always interesting to say the least.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join