It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's been several years since the somewhat dissapointing GTA IV. Now, recently GTA 5 has been announced with a trailer expected next week!

www.rockstargames.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

finalllllllllllllllllly!
your not wrong about #4, it had some good elements but was mostly crap
if they can combine vice city and san andreas somehow i will be happy, i want this one to be oldschool but still new.
cant wait

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

somewhat dissapointing GTA IV

Whaaaa?

Craptacular multiplayer aside, GTA IV was awsome! What could you not like about that game?

if they can combine vice city and san andreas somehow i will be happy,

From the hints left hidden around inside GTA4 they appear to be indeed going back to "san andreas" not in style with a whole state at your disposal, but back to the west coast, possibly LA, san fran, something along those lines.

And if red dead redemption can offer a hint of the engine, I can't wait.
edit on 25-10-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
dont get me wrong i loved gta for a long time. but its starting to seem like the Saw movies and Call of duty. just stop making them...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
GTA IV was AWESOME even though it was back in Liberty City and I enjoyed The Lost & The Damned as well. I got my fingers crossed that they take it back to San Andreas! It was such a vast map on PS2, imagine it revamped with a new game engine? Maaaan Los Santos & Las Venturas will be SO cool!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

finalllllllllllllllllly!
your not wrong about #4, it had some good elements but was mostly crap
if they can combine vice city and san andreas somehow i will be happy, i want this one to be oldschool but still new.
cant wait

Damn right

If they do that, it'll be the best game ever made!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Whaaaa?

Craptacular multiplayer aside, GTA IV was awsome! What could you not like about that game?

it was a decent game but did not hold the title of a gta for me..
but you still got quality r* aspects such as a long story and a lifetime of running a muck and not getting bored

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Woohoo!! likes very Nas!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

GTA IV was a great game. In all honesty, it was refreshing not to have to be an American in a game for once! Much as i love the US, it is always nice when the developers don't just assume that that is where everyone is from! Plus, as a Brit, its easy to imagine being a sneaky, manipulative eastern european type

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
dont get me wrong i loved gta for a long time. but its starting to seem like the Saw movies and Call of duty. just stop making them...

you know for most things i would agree.
but gta is timeless.. its perfect in a word.
i know it sounds trivial talking about a game like that but i dunno
gta deserves to go on for ever

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Whoo hoo! I bought my ps3 just so I could play the last gta, I was happy with the ps2, lol

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

The game was simply not to the same standards as Vice City or Sanandreas. The humour wasn't as funny, the game got boring pretty fast, with nothing to do.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
also they better put more effort into the radio stations this time

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Not to go off topic fellas because I am super excited for GTA:V but Battlefield 3 comes out today! WOOT! I have been tracking my order on Amazon and it should arrive sometime in the next few hours!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I enjoyed GTA4 and i am looking forward to GTA5.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

OMG, the radio stations i feel were probably one of the worst stuff ups with #4. San andreas and Vice City on the other hand were simply amazing.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I love Rockstar. I love GTA. But the guys above were right; for fans of what makes GTA GTA, 4 was a little bit disappointing.
the graphics for 4 were jaw-dropping, the story and characters some of the best in industry history and the gameplay mechanics were solid as a rock. GTA4 WAS a great game.
That being said, it was NOT a GTA game. The city felt empty, like driving around a movie set. There just wasn't anything to do besides the main story and going to the bar with your idiot cousin.
The first or second commenter said something about striking a balance between Vice City and San Andreas and I think that is the perfect direction for the series. The story and character caliber of Vice City or 4 coupled with San Andreas' massive game world and depth of side missions, mini-games and time-sinks would TAKE OVER MY LIFE. 4 was a rental for me personally.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

OMG, the radio stations i feel were probably one of the worst stuff ups with #4. San andreas and Vice City on the other hand were simply amazing.

so true.. the stations in vice and san an were so funny and had the best music, i reckon they didnt want to use the same songs but also didnt want to pay full price for premium ones so they brought crappy ones..
that doesnt explain the jokes tho
i think their writer may have died because it definetley wasnt the same person writing them
edit on 25-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

so true.. the stations in vice and san an were so funny and had the best music, i reckon they didnt want to use the same songs but also didnt want to pay for new ones so they brought crappy ones..
that doesnt explain the jokes tho
i think their writer may have died because it definetley wasnt the same person writing them

I think you may be right. The writer may have left, been fired or passed away. The humour is definitely not what it used to be. Hopefully, they can match the calibre of previous entries.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Nice ! Looking forward to it !

BTW, does anyone know if it can be played on xbox, or do i have to upgrade my gaming PC?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join