It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrophysicist Dr. Paul LaViolette: 'Galactic Superwave' headed towards Earth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com...

incoming YU55 Asteroid's Cobalt + Comet's illuminating hydrogen cyanide gas cloud

= poison coctail if reach Earth atmosphere?

galactic center hangs low in the Northern sky. So, gamma rays from the Galactic center direction reaching northern hemisphere locations would be more attenuated since they would have a greater thickness of atmosphere to penetrate. Following the initial burst, the lower velocity cosmic ray electrons would arrive from all directions. So, which hemisphere one lived in would not matter except that regions closer to the poles where geomagnetic field screening of cosmic rays is normally lower would have less protection.

If the superwave were to arrive without warning, the first effect would be seismic and then this would be followed by the gamma ray burst and EMP effects. We may use the 2004 tsunami as an indicator in this respect, although a core explosion of the sort we are talking about would be on a much bigger scale. If a similar sequence were to occur, then the occurrence of worldwide seismic events would give us probably a day or two warning that a gamma ray burst was imminent. Unfortunately, many would have already perished if a gravity wave pulse were to trigger widespread seismic disturbances without any warning."

- www.etheric.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Really stepping up the fear mongering lately.

You know what works for you and you pursue it. Huzzah.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
lol this is almost the same if not the same crap being posted here link to another bogus story

and I blew that theory out of the water by posting this

you wanna bet its the same people who have nothing better to do than fearmonger??

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Maybe i'm too tired, but I can't see how the first video is related to the second. The second video and the link are from 2005, right? and doesn't mention a date for this galactic wave.

As for the first video, I wait for the experts to tell us what is that. So far this Elenin thing only reminds me of Elvis; is it dead yet, or not?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Need better sources.

Alternately, SURFS UP! Grab your boards man!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
WRONG! We went through this "gas tail" within two day of its initial passing which didnt even happen and even if it had it would have been too far away to matter, STOP FEARMONGERING ELENIN!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My response will be benign. We have inhabited Earth for several hundred thousand years. Only in recent times has man gone into paranoia due to it's technology. We are all knowing and too well informed about our universe. We live in Chicken little time.

The end of the Earth will in fact happen someday. Just don't think it will happen soon due to outside influences.

We need to think about the internal. We (meaning the current inhabitants) are going to kill ourselves. There will be survivors and mankind will continue again.

It may take several hundred thousand years or more to reinvigorate humanity. Yet it will happen. We are too many. It is sad we are in a state of affairs that puts on course with extinction.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Thanks Ignant.

The information on that second video was amazing.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

You make such a dramatically conclusive statement,
that if so, I believe we should start a new religion
for those who are left to pull it all together again
some time, some place,
that will have as it's central image ,
the gamma ray bursts issuing fourth from the center of the galaxy...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
when all the private jet aircraft start flying towards denver,then i will worry.when all the shriners and freemasons go on vacation at the same time,then i will worry.when walmart starts selling more freezedried food in generic containers that look alot like government surplus ,then i will worry.oh walmart is!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

You make such a dramatically conclusive statement,
that if so, I believe we should start a new religion
for those who are left to pull it all together again
some time, some place,
that will have as it's central image ,
the gamma ray bursts issuing fourth from the center of the galaxy...

Can you tell me what your question is. I'm lost. Not belittling you. Just need some direction here. Was it that dramatic?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

We need to think about the internal. We (meaning the current inhabitants) are going to kill ourselves. There will be survivors and mankind will continue again.

It may take several hundred thousand years or more to reinvigorate humanity. Yet it will happen. We are too many. It is sad we are in a state of affairs that puts on course with extinction.
I've always considered contemplating total extinction dramatic so I guess I over interpreted your perspective. Sorry for that.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

No apologies necessary Terry.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
www.the2012theories.com...

Theory Stats
Scientific Validity: 80%
Galactic Superwaves do exist, but there is very little scientific research on its cyclical nature.
Chance of Ocurrence: 1%
A galactic superwave will hit our solar system again, but it isnt very likely that that will be in 2012.
Time Frame: 2012 and beyond
If we dont experience a galactic superwave in 2012 then we will eventually.
Expected Deathtoll: 100,000 to 5 Billion
Depending on the strength of the superwave and what measures are taken for protection, the aftermath could be from catastrophic to apocalyptic.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hasn't LaViolette been thoroughly debunked as a crock repeatedly?

Let me check.... Yep he has.

There is zero substance to any of his claims, wasn't this wave supposed to of reached us in '07?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

www.the2012theories.com...

Theory Stats
Scientific Validity: 80%
Galactic Superwaves do exist, but there is very little scientific research on its cyclical nature.
Chance of Ocurrence: 1%
A galactic superwave will hit our solar system again, but it isnt very likely that that will be in 2012.
Time Frame: 2012 and beyond
If we dont experience a galactic superwave in 2012 then we will eventually.
Expected Deathtoll: 100,000 to 5 Billion
Depending on the strength of the superwave and what measures are taken for protection, the aftermath could be from catastrophic to apocalyptic.

Well the above was the consenus, well thought out, scientific opinion... before the synchrotron radiation was detected and found to be increasing daily....
No wonder the info has been kept sevret and the people in-the-know were building subterranian bunkers for years now... the elites knew what was coming--- and perferred to debunk the rest of us as nut cases & conspiracy theorist lunaticks

Up To Now That Is

here's the latest (and very quiet) dribble of information which actually identifies just what this cyclic 'super wave' is composed of...

~well at least the front edge of the Wave ~ Who Knows What Comes Next~

SNIP

Naselsky said:

'We have observed a very unique emission of radio radiation from the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way.

'By using different methods to separate the signal for very broad range of wavelengths, we have been able to determine the spectrum of the radiation.

'The radiation originates from synchrotron emission - electrons and positrons circulating at high energies around the lines of the Magnetic Field in the centre of the galaxy, and there are quite strong indications that it could come from dark matter.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 25sHQYdvp

*Planck satellite picks up beams of radiation from centre of Milky Way which could prove existence of 'dark matter'
*Researchers at Niels Bohr Institute say radiation is either proof - or something currently unknown to physics

By Eddie Wrenn

PUBLISHED: 04:03 EST, 5 September 2012 | UPDATED: 04:03 EST, 5 September 2012

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 25sHhaoyz

Synchotron emission:

sb3.epfl.ch...

(synchotron light in a nutshell,

Abstract; an extremely simple derivavation of the underlying physics and basic equasions of the five most important properties of synchotron light sources)

top topics

join