It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York cops defy order to arrest hundreds of ‘Occupy Albany’ protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just wait until the police in this country figure out that their pensions ,like everyone else's, have been looted by the people that OWS is protesting against in co-operation with politicians at all levels local, state, and federal. That's when it's going to get interesting. Makes you wonder why JPMorgan recently made a 3 millionish donation to NYPD doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I do not know what you read, because i did not see where the OP said that the police are supporting the movement. I know you know how to read, stop trying to turn the OP's word against him. He is simply amazed that the police are deciding to follow policy for once. And where in the world did you get that anyone, including the OP, was calling the cops pigs?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
reply to post by jlv70

I don't understand why so many people support the OWS movement so strongly. I didn't see...

And there is the problem, you don't see much when your'e asleep as your eyes have been closed.
These folks some of them just woke up to the American dream and realized it's a nitemare.
Aren't you awake?
If you are you should be pissed and you should be able to see. (the american version of pissed, not the British. :lol

I won't even ask the other question.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Perhaps it is time to BOOT OUT the mayor and gangs that are attempting to deprive the masses of their voice and freedom as granted by the sacred Constitution?

second line.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The cops should shut down these protests ASAP. We are not here to fight banks, we are here to fight loopholes. The same loopholes any businessman will take if given a chance. Any single mom and pop place that has an accountant walk in and go, "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I found a way for you to not pay taxes. If you choose to go this way, there are no repurcussions. If you don't your competition already has so you're behind."

Vigilante's aren't what we need. Point that movement at the right target please, the TAX CODE. Since a few of you claim to be 'in the know' as to what these thousands of people across the US are protesting about, why don't you explain to them that you need to change to tax code to reign in the '1%'.

Otherwise you look like a bunch of bums to me, holding signs.

Here's your sign.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Originally posted by jlv70
One of the first things that struck me here was the fact that a guy like Cuomo was cracking the whip, so much for the tolerant left huh?

Thats the illusion presented to the sheeple, that theres a fundamental difference between the two parties. The Republicrats co-opted the Tea Party and the Demlicans look to be co-opting the OWSers.

In fact, neither party wants any real change. There is only one candidate who is proposing real change, real budget cuts, real changes to our foreign empire, real solutions to the coming collapse of our dollar and destruction of our economy.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Point that movement at the right target please, the TAX CODE.

It's was never about just one thing.

Secondly, tax code? Really? Try the Federal Reserve, lobbyists, AND Wall Street.

Thanks, and have yourself a wonderful day.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Now that's news

Finally...finally...finally, some very level headed and fair minded officers. If they're protesting peacefully, why break up the protests? This seems to have been the logic behind their decision to NOT incite violence by enforcing the curfew. This is our tax dollars working in the right direction folks!

I hope this keeps up and spreads around to other participating cities as well. Of course, the need to assert "intelligence" along with "experience" incorporated into the decision making process by law enforcement will be necessary. Hopefully, other law enforcement officers elsewhere will take the time to assess their situations and act accordingly instead of just doing what their told.

BTW, this story made my day. Awesome Job OP

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Not understanding that most of these people in power are in place to support the banks, how would you suggest the TAX CODE be revisited? You entire system is broken to a corrupt banking cartel, and I think nothing short of a revolution can fix it. Plenty of presidents have met their demise trying to fix the broken system, and some others chose to play the game and progress turning the entire USA population into a slave race.

Obama and his Nobel Peace prize is a complete farce and I have lost hope in all humanity.

It is people like you who help me feel humans don't deserve to exist.

The #occupy movement is where I place my hope for the future of our children... without a grass roots movement we are doomed!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

holy crap finally something not bashing the cops.....
i totally agree....administrators should stay out of police tactics...and a peaceful protest is a good thing...hell it gets everyone together from all different walks of life.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Everyone is so blinded by what they think is the obvious that they are missing the real reason this happened.

No...I'm not saying these cops don;t have hearts and aren't just DARN GOOD people...but...

They didn't enforce the arrests because they were scared for their lives like stated right in the article. They were afraid of a riot if they started arresting folks as per their ridiculous orders stated to do.

Just saying...this is more of a self act of security than an act of kindness and thought........................

Sucks it has come to this but it's nice when we have a little power here and there

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

They were afraid of a riot if they started arresting folks as per their ridiculous orders stated to do.

Which is a concrete example of using their brains.

I don't want anybody being in law enforcement if they blindly follow an order when some common sense and a darn good judgement call can save the day.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I for one will accept it on any terms. Infact one being just as meaningful as the other in my view. I do see the importance of knowing which mindset is in play as well.

So thanks for clearing that.

edit on 25-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
"New York cops defy order to arrest hundreds of ‘Occupy Albany’ protesters"
"Who would have thunk it!?"

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

It is about time they know the value of justice over money.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is why we need cloned police and military that are programmed to obey. A standardized body, body armor, communications and weapons. I think George got that part right.

At any rate, these officers should be terminated and people hired that will obey their elected commanders.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
if cuomo knows where his paycheck comes from, and it's not the people that elected him.

wallstreet is spineless if 700 people in a park threatens them.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

They were afraid of a riot if they started arresting folks as per their ridiculous orders stated to do.

Which is a concrete example of using their brains.

I don't want anybody being in law enforcement if they blindly follow an order when some common sense and a darn good judgement call can save the day.

Wow, what a great statement! I think you hit the nail on the head..."common sense and good judgement"...can't ask anymore out of the officers IMO, given the situation they were put in by officials, who obviously aren't always the brightest stars in the sky.

edit on 10/25/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
This is why we need cloned police and military that are programmed to obey. A standardized body, body armor, communications and weapons. I think George got that part right.

At any rate, these officers should be terminated and people hired that will obey their elected commanders.

Hmmmm.....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow cops with a conscience who knows maybe we'll find a polotician with a soul next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join