It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York cops defy order to arrest hundreds of ‘Occupy Albany’ protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
At some level those officers know that enforcing that curfew is violating the people's right to assembly and free speech as well.

But more importantly IT IS GOOD WHEN GOV'T (AGENTS OF THE GOV'T) FEARS THE PEOPLE, not the other way around as it has increasingly.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

While you are quite correct, understand that is more than just the tax code that OWS is about. It's more about the utter disregard that the one percent has for the rest of the ninety nine. Look at the extents large corporations will go to in the interest of making a buck or cutting expenses.

Look up 'externalities', and you'll see what I mean. And even worse, look up what multinational corporations can do: have labor and processing facilities in one country, their wealth in tax havens in another, and their markets in yet another. The length these guys will go to get what they want is unnerving,

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stAtrill
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Look up 'externalities', and you'll see what I mean. And even worse, look up what multinational corporations can do: have labor and processing facilities in one country, their wealth in tax havens in another, and their markets in yet another. The length these guys will go to get what they want is unnerving,

Ding ding ding, folks we have a winner! All one has to do is look at General Electric in this aspect.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just a matter of time, boys and girls.

The sooner the crash, the sooner the reconstruction.

With a combined debt over seven times all of the money that exists on the entire planet, the death of the top five global banks is inevitable.

Question is, who will they take with them?

Policemen are neighbors, brothers and community minded, for the most part. Bravo!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To me, this makes sense. I hate a lot of men serving under the police force, a majority in fact. But logistically it would make no sense to herd the cattle in for the monetary slaughter. Especially if they are acting by non violent means. Outnumbered, definitely not outgunned at a protest. Looks like the brass thought with some strategy indeed.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Good for the APD and NYSP! they remembered that they are there to protect and serve the public not the people with the power.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Wow cops with a conscience who knows maybe we'll find a polotician with a soul next.

HE has already been found. Look at my avatar.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join