It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quoting Bruce Lee....Be Water my Friend!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I posted this under survival, but it really is more of a spiritual Vid...Hope you enjoy! Water is like Gold...precious

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story. or the video,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Oct 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Now this is awesome. Perhaps spiritual, but it is very survival oriented.

do you suppose the Eagle will survive the onslaught of man?
Will the Whale survive the harpoon often enough to recover?
Will the water remain unmolested and free?
Even now we circumvent laws, and rights.
We prove our worth only by greed, and damage this fragile little ball.
Who can stop it?
A man will never prove his worth unless he does the right thing.
If water is life, and we molest the waters,
haven't we then molested ourselves?
DH

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Fantastique! Thank you. First, but not last time I'll watch it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

hmmm you think outside, but in a dark space....interesting....did you not like the vid?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think hes referring to cognitive reaction as it applies to "learning a certain movement" by automation and the similarity between that and everything in life.

In a fight and in life, flow like water automatically and adaptively to your surroundings.

My understanding of what it means is to reach a balance with everything around you, no matter what the scenario is always seek the natural and correct path. Be it a path to someones face or a path to understanding yourself.

Be like water, a sage piece of advice open to your own interpretation.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Water the giver of life a force that is good, a force to be reckoned with....It is a force...just like the earth and weather.....pay attention.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Duplicated...not sure why!
edit on 24-10-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes...that is absolutely it! Thanks for the comments!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

It's certainly something to think about in these changing times.
It also makes me think of how the Mississippi changed directions when the Earth shook.
I just wish it was only the Earth that could get us to change so quickly, Instead, we have all these other man made obstacles in front of us that keep us morphing and changing directions when we should be moving and fluxing with Mother Earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Philosophy is something I have a lot of respect for, I believe Bruce Lee was a righteous man and I respect a lot of things he has said. It helps I know what he means in terms of martial arts, but it really is a great piece of advice, its the perfect thing to say to many people to breath life and understanding into them.

Be like water.

Be a dynamic, enduring force that adapts to its surroundings. This is what I understand of it, but it is beautiful because it leaves it open to the individual to derive his own meaning and interpretation of it. Like I said, a sage piece of advice.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Oh that is funny! No it is not the current events that are running this thing....the news is a joke...see with your eyes...feel with your heart....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Yea the video was one of the best things I have seen this week. Certainly beats the last one I saw of the slaughter of Gaddafi. It was a welcome treat. I am a realist and I do see things as they are.
Do you believe it possible to see everything below the oceans surface when you look you at it?
I see more than the water. I see the life beneath. Though music was playing in the background I also heard the
roar of the falls.
You maybe right, I need to turn on the light and get some coffee.
This is a good thread, everyone needs to come here and look at that video just for an awesome break.
DH

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I wasn't trying to be funny.
I am feeling with and listening to my heart and it says to go back to nature.
Trying to be a natural force against unnatural obstacles is quite exhausting and heartbreaking.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

You are a natural force though, just like water. You are an intelligent product of life itself, you are a natural force all to yourself.

This isn't science fiction, this is an actual fact. You are a product of the natural world, a living example of the universe attempting to understand itself. It's hard to understand, but its true.

We share a common past with all life on Earth. When you do something as simple as looking into your dogs eyes, your looking at your brother, another force in nature that respects and follows you.

It sounds radical, but there is nothing false about this. Be proud, I am.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I appreciate your reply and I understand that it's not as complicated as I'm making it.
I'm simply saying that water cannot move without a catalyst or else it will become stagnant.
As I see it, I'd rather be a ripple from a raindrop or a tsunami caused by an earthquake than a waterfall being pushed to be so by a water wheel.
It's easy to be water when you can remain as such, but when a man made kettle is heating you into steam, it makes it a bit more difficult to go with the flow. The droplets formed from steam rarely are brought back together to the same body of water.

Bruce Lee was an amazing and intelligent man and I'm not undercutting his wisdom. It's just that unnatural forces make it difficult to remain a natural changing force because we're being placed under pressure or forced to remain in the churnings of a water wheel that's quenching the thirst of a camp full of canabals.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Afterthought because: spelling

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I see your reasoning, the only thing I could say to it is just don't let the wrong in the world influence and convince you. My mood to the left here says I am misanthropic, so I understand you, just don't be afraid to do what is right and if you have to, don't be afraid to stand up to what is wrong.

Sorry for sounding so monotonous, but its true, you are a force of nature so don't be afraid to stand up and try to make everyone around you better. Acknowledge the influence you have on others, you don't have to live in a wrong world, fight to make it right with every little thing that you do.

This is my religion, if you could call it that. It is just an idea of morality with the dust brushed off of it.

Become a force of nature all in yourself, don't be affected by the wrong that is in the world and fight for what you think is right. I am with you brother.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I agree completely with you and I believe that we're on the same page even if we aren't comprehending the words the same.
I try my best to improve things around me and fight against what I feel is wrong even when I get knocked down or it's not the most rewarding activity I engage in. Change is slow like the melting glacier.
My patience is the most difficult to keep in check these days, but if I think of it like the rising and falling of the tide, I'll know that it will be coming back up when I feel as though it's too low to keep the hope afloat.

Best wishes to you, RSF77.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"You must be like water...."
"It is like a finger pointing the way to the moon"...
( WHAAAP!!!.....Smacks student on the back of the head)
Don't look at the finger! .. or you will miss all the heavenly glory".
:
Great line from Enter the Dragon one of Bruce's best movies.
That scene is funny as hell!
(triva: That movie was one of the first times Mixed Martial Arts was shown on the big screen decades before the UFC was a thought. Bruce Lee is shown doing a demo in Fingered Gloves,wearing a speedo and boots, and pulling off a takedown/transition to sloppy armbar.)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Be like water.

Be a dynamic, enduring force that adapts to its surroundings. This is what I understand of it, but it is beautiful because it leaves it open to the individual to derive his own meaning and interpretation of it. Like I said, a sage piece of advice.

You have it my friend! If water flows into a cup...be the cup! If water flows into a teapot...be the teapot! You understand!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Originally posted by RSF77

Be like water.

You have it my friend! If water flows into a cup...be the cup! If water flows into a teapot...be the teapot! You understand!

It can go even farther, the cup, the teapot, you all exist in our natural world and reality. We all exist.

Humanity (and individuals) is/are in the process of becoming like water, moving as one. A direct force of nature on the universe that always moves as one, heats and cools as one and moves forward as one. Where the water hits an obstacle, it stimulates and causes turmoil in the part of it that contacts the obstacle slowly eroding away the problem because of the force of all other water that is pushing it.

The collective force of our kind, be like water. Be a progressive force of nature, always seek the easiest and most efficient path to our rightful place in the natural world.

<<   2 >>

join