It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A symbol and a message..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Star of Ishtar has always been associated with Venus. The symbol could also be a compass. Hope this illuminates and guides you.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorpine
reply to post by Misterlondon

Yo I Found this, I knew It had to Do Something with Alchemy so I Got this mirrorofisis.freeyellow.com... , Go to It It's Very Informative Hopefully it Clears things In your mind.

thanks for the input scorpine.. i had a quick look at your link and seems like alot of info, ill read it properly, along with the others when i get a chance..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
The eight pointed star is all over ancient civilizations. For the Sumerians the eight pointed star represented the goddess Inanna, Sumerian queen of the heavens. There is true meaning and symbolism to your experience, now you have to find it for yourself. My advice is start from the beginning, when the star was first introduced to culture and follow it up to now. It is amazing how many bells and whistles will go off when you start researching. I to have had a tragic event in my life that has sparked a WHOLE lot of strangeness.
PLPL

i have actually looked into it as it is the nearest representation.. i only find conflicting information about ishtar or inanna.. if you would be so kind to point me in the right direction as to where i can start it would be appreciated..
it seems you may have had a similar experience i would be very interested in hearing more should you be willing share your experiences..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Hi friend,

Nice expeprience you had there.

The star was first a four pointer.. it may signify the same thing that 4 in numerology does. In which case it's hinting at the Foundation of your life.. the Base you work from.. something that has to be strong and actioned upon.

Sounds like a Hint to me.

Changed to an 8 point star.. again in Numerology that will indicate Power.. more precisely your personal power and ability to tap into it at will, and thus begin to enact what you the Soul chose for the life.

Go to a Library and find a book called "The Life Your Were Born To Live", by Dan Millman.. author of "Way of the Peaceful Warrior". It wil help you understand the numerology of symbols, and give you an excellent Insight into what you can do Here both positively and negatively.

Be well friend.

thank you taysin, well.. what you say certainly makes sense and seems to fit in with the experience i had, maybe i should have acted on it back then rather than shunning it as it were.
im glad i made this thread it has completely changed my perspective on it and i will definitely search for the answers, if there is a purpose and path for me, i am now willing to follow it..
i will check to see if i can get that book from in my local bookshop bookshop it sounds interesting..

thank you very much for the input..

take care

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

HEY i was looking for this thread all last night, until i went to bed.

When i first read it I didn't think anything of it then I came upon something else.

Have you ever heard of "The eight spoked wheel of time"

source
that site has alot of info and links to other nostradamus related info

It is also in Buddhism it is an important sign.

The Dharma Chakra has eight spokes that stand for Eight Fold Noble Path. These spokes have sharp edges that are believed to ward off ignorance.

Source

As I said I tried to get back to this post all last night but couldn't fint it

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
This is just another thought, if anyone is familiar with birth charts, on the supposed day of birth of Jesus his stars aligned forming the eight point star, or the seal of solomon. Just a thought. I have actually done the mapping myself and it really does form the 8 point star. If only I could figur eout how to post it......UUGGHH!!

sounds interesting.. is there a way i could check mine without posting my date of birth online?

another site maybe?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarxx

After reading this post, I asked my 7th dimension friend if you were a part of us, and he said yes. Your true name is Gejom and you are from the 5th dimension.

who is us? and what does it mean to be from the 5th dimension?

do you know what the symbol means?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Op- I too experienced butterflies as messengers after my uncle passed from lung cancer. Everyday before his passing, a monarch would fly about his window, when be passed, the butterfly never came back. A few weeks later I seen a lone monarch and instantly knew it was him and I live 1500 miles away. Trust your own intuition and don't doubt yourself.

Also I have information for you. The star of Ishtar could also be called the star of Innana or the star of Venus, which i believe is actually the planet venus. Ishtar, Innana, and Aphrodite are all the same goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex. Her symbol is also the lion. The Islamic crescent and star is also a representation of the moon and Venus. I would watch the moon and Venus and see if there is a time when they are close to eachother. Be weary though, as beautiful and strong as her love may be, she can be equally destructive and entrapping with her seduction. Please research the many versions of Innana in order to see what makes sense to you through your personal filter.

After further research, please also look at the symbol of shamash the sun diety and see if that could also be the symbol you saw.
edit on 10/25/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: (no reason given)

i have no doubt they leave signs for us.. one form it took with me seemed to be white feathers.. sometimes i would be sitting in my house and one would appear from nowhere.. i also saw many in my daily life and they always seemed to appear at significant times.

i did look into ishtar and what you say in your post is pretty much as far as i got..

the shamash symbol i also did come across in my 'research' it looks similar to another called the assyrian star..
an ancient people from the region around iraq..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonNova
Yes, I believe I know the symbol you are describing, and noticed someone else mentioned it. It is called a MerKaBa and it is a sacred symbol in the etheric realms, as it is in essence Sacred Geometry, or the geometry of life.

I have spent much time researching and studying this phenomenon, it is special because it is our 'transport' in the higher realms. Kinda like how we drive a car from place to place, a spirit would use this vehicle to transverse the universe. Now, there is more to it then that, but that's the gist of it.

Here is a couple websites, including pictures and more info:
Merkaba
Merkaba Activation

Namaste

you are the second person to say this.. i will look into it in more detail when i get the chance.. i have been provided with alot of information here and think it will take time to look at it all..

i do have the feeling though my answers lies somewhere amongst this information.. just a case of finding it now..

thanks for the input...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malkuth
@Misterlondon There would seem to be little question but that you have had a true spiritual encounter.( I , too am sorry for the loss of your friend.) When you mentioned the 8 pointed star, the image which popped into my mind was of the 8 pointed star on the base of the Cross of Hendaye in Southern France. When you have a moment, google some images and let us know if the star in your experience bears a good resemblance to this star.

Most of my life I have felt that much of life is some sort of veneer. The "real" world is behind it. I have found two things that are helpful when trying to answer questions about spiritual matters. You are already acquainted with one of them. Dreaming. Do your self a HUGE favor and begin recording your dreams. When you shut down your 5 senses so you can sleep is when your brain is in a much better state to send and receive communication from 'elsewhere'. Prior to falling asleep you can literally ask with your mind that things be clarified in the form of images and sounds within your mind. There is a very personal language you will discover here. It will take time, but with familiarity comes information and even confirmation.

You would be wise to meditate regularly. There are many ways to do it. Find the way that is most comfortable for you, then commit to it.

After you have had a chance to check out the Hendaye Cross. Get back to us and we'll proceed from there. Perhaps I can be helpful. I will certainly try. Thank you for sharing this experience. It is important and you are wise to pay attention to it.

my dreams are certainly bizarre but i have never thought to much about that.. always thought it was the same for everyone.. and i will take your advice and record them starting from tonight.. but what do i do with the information afterwards?

as i said in a previous post, meditation is a bit wild for me, my mind goes crazy.. any tips or techniques you can point me towards?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is turning into quite the interesting thread.

I had not been informed about the star of Innana befor, I will have to look that up.
Sumerians are very interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
The Star of Ishtar has always been associated with Venus. The symbol could also be a compass. Hope this illuminates and guides you.

thanks for your input... i had seen compass symbols that look similar to it, but i always thought it held more significance..

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

HEY i was looking for this thread all last night, until i went to bed.

When i first read it I didn't think anything of it then I came upon something else.

Have you ever heard of "The eight spoked wheel of time"

source
that site has alot of info and links to other nostradamus related info

It is also in Buddhism it is an important sign.

The Dharma Chakra has eight spokes that stand for Eight Fold Noble Path. These spokes have sharp edges that are believed to ward off ignorance.

Source

As I said I tried to get back to this post all last night but couldn't fint it

thanks for taking your time to do some research.. i have heard of what you mention but dont know a great deal about it, i will certainly look at it in more detail.. glad you found the thread again..

This is turning into quite the interesting thread. I had not been informed about the star of Innana befor, I will have to look that up. Sumerians are very interesting.

it has been very intersting an illuminating for me too..

id like to thank everyone that has contributed.. i will now find the answers and if there is one follow my chosen path.. if it means delving into subjects i previously avoided then so be it...

i wasnt sure if posting this there would be some ridicule but i must say EVERY response has been positive.. im glad i did..

thanks again to all contributers...

edit on 25/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe it means free the women
because she will always sacrifice herself for someone else...?

en.wikipedia.org...

Very cool experience OP, very cool.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If you want I can run the chart for you.....I have an awesome program. There is also a site called Cafe Astrology:

astro.cafeastrology.com...

They will do a basic chart with a general explaination.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh yeah...he claims to be one of the chosen 7 , here is his thread all about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

@Misterlondon...I will start with the dreams. For me, and quite possibly for you as well, dreams come along with much detail. Maybe alot more than what you need, but I would say to focus on whatever feelings and impressions you get from the dreams as well as the items and actions within the dreams that support those feelings and perceptions. If you try to write down all of the details , the whole process may quickly become too burdensome. The most instructive activity will be for you to regularly look back on the dream catalog you compile. At first, there will be much that seems obscure and irrelevant. You will soon notice though that future dreams act to clarify or to reinforce new ones. THIS is where you will learn about the language of imagery and symbolism. Most of it will be personal to you, but a bit of it will prove to be universal.

Note: If you seek a dream which may take you into uncomfortable territory, ask for protection. It does not matter from where it comes, but it is most important that you ask for it. As you get more sophisticated with the content of your dreams, some of them will be upsetting. This is not a bad thing. It is useful and instructive. We grow from being in various sorts of pain or discomfort. There are forces which do not always have our best interests at heart and this is why you want to seek protection when venturing into unfamiliar spiritual territory. This is NOT nonsense. This has been my own personal experience as well as that of others.

Now- regarding meditation. These are the most important aspects of it. Do it at a place and at a time when you can comfortable and undisturbed. Sometimes this is not practical. I would advise not to do it in a place where these conditions are less than optimal. Next, you do not want to fall asleep, DO not allow this to happen.
If you have not done much meditating, I would tell you that the very first goal is to learn how to quiet your own mind. There is a level of relaxation where this state is relatively easily achieved. Once you are there, do not try to do anything the first few times other than to understand how you got there, what it feels like and what sorts of impressions seem to be prevalent in that state. Just getting this far is enough for the time being.

For lack of a better word, one of the feeling with which you must become intimately familiar is that of love. Not in the romantic sense, but in the selfless "I care about people and things' sort of love. ABove all other impressions and such, your sense of this one thing -love- and how it impacts your world is hugely important to everything you want to achieve as well as to uncovering the path to your highest self. There is probably a better word out there which encompasses these feelings, but this is the word most-often used in our spoken language. Perhaps one day it evolve into a more meaningful form which is spoken only mind-to-mind... where it makes the most sense.

I will stop here for now. Many people are going to be offering you lots of assistance. Learn to follow that "hunch" feeling...as in "trust your gut". It is the best way. You will do well.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
OP, the study of Merkaba isn't meant to be taken lightly. Actually, there are rules and regulations for people who attempt to study.

I also had a dream concerning this symbol and that's why I know what it is. I dreamed of 2 and they were purple and blue.

I am not yet at a place where I feel like I could study but I'm working on it.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The Dharma wheel, the star of Ishtar, the compass. All the same.

I can only show the door, you must open it...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join