It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A symbol and a message..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'd just like to start this thread by saying, ive been here for some time now and anyone who has seen me post will know my feet are firmly on the ground and im generally quite skeptical about things..

I have never told anyone this and was never going to post it here, (not even sure why im even doing this now) but I'd like to share this experience i had many years ago and hopefully someone can help shed some light on it.

10 years ago my life was in complete turmoil, i lost someone very close to me in unexpected and tragic circumstances. It was a complete shock and completely turned my life upside down.
Before this happened i had no interest or knowledge in any alternative subjects, i was quite happy living in this world, blind and oblivious to what was really going on around me..
After the funeral, a dear friend really into spiritual subjects told me to see a medium, initially i laughed it off but after some persuasion i agreed to think about it (just wanting to change the subject)

Weird things started to happen shortly after and without going into details i mean damn strange, things to this day i cannot explain.. to cut a long story short i thought about my friends advice and thought what the hell.. i picked up the phone book and picked out a random psychic that lived near me..

I said to myself if she could see me today ill do it, after calling her she told me someone had just cancelled and she could see me that evening.. so i went.

now bear in mind this was a completely random choice, this woman didnt know anything about me.. i went there as skeptical as anything and i was sure not to give anything away. she did all the talking..
what she went on to tell me blew my mind, no amount of cold reading or guessing could have come up with the 100% accurate information regarding the unusual circumstances of this persons death, she also me things no one else on this planet other than the deceased would have known.
also during this reading she told me i was very gifted with psychic abilities and also am a healer.. (this i laughed off, and still to this day have never followed up on this)

later that night after returning home is when the strange experience occurred (this or anything remotely similar to it has only ever happened once) i went up to my bedroom and lay on the bed, it felt like the room was spinning and everything i looked at seemed to have a white light around it (the best way to describe it is almost like a force field) suddenly colours started flashing before my eyes, bright and warm colours then in an instant it felt as though i was sucked out of my body and into the brightest but warmest light i had ever seen.
Then i heard a booming voice... it called my name and told me "you must believe" i asked who it was and the voice again told me "you have a gift, be wise with it" i asked how do i know this is real and suddenly a symbol appeared....
It started as a four pointed 'star' with a circle in the middle but four aditional points joined on to it and it became an eight pointed 'star'
as this happened the voice said "this is when you will know it is time"

suddenly in a rush which felt like downward i was back in my body.. i was a little dazed and confused to say the least..
as said before nothing like this has happened before or since this experience and afterwards i steered clear of the spiritual world.
i have looked for the meaning of this symbol and the closest thing i could find is something called the star of ishtar.. (sorry i cant download any pics on this computer but ill provide a link)

star of ishtar google images

I have never found the true significance of this symbol especially as it transformed from four to eight but that is the closest representation.

ive also seen something similar since it happened but again no real significance at the time..

After this happened i never really thought much about it and continued living my life, although i was more open minded about things and it was actually what got me interested in these fringe topics.

so thats it, if anyone has any knowledge on such things your input would be greatly appreciated, maybe it was some weird mind trick or hallucination (no drugs or alcohol were involved) but it seemed random and so real at the time..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Neat story.

I do not have any answers whatsoever regarding the star but I flagged your post, hoping to attract others that could come along with possible theories.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Neat story.

I do not have any answers whatsoever regarding the star but I flagged your post, hoping to attract others that could come along with possible theories.

thank you...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I am not what u would call a religious person, but to me that seems to be an encounter with a higher being. Telling you that you should look into and hone those particular skills.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Do you see the same star patter around in your daily life from time to time?
If so, it could be a sign that you are to pursue that particular path, a healer i mean. You never know what you might find, it sounds like you had an out of body experience, moving into the astral plane. You can induce this state of conciousness willingly too, i've been trying. Haha

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Could you have viewed a version of "a wheel within a wheel" or a sort of 3D Merkaba?

2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikobellic
I am not what u would call a religious person, but to me that seems to be an encounter with a higher being. Telling you that you should look into and hone those particular skills.

i thought the same thing, but to be honest. i wouldn't know where to start and im not even sure i want to get involved in that sort of thing..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

No real ideas but the 8 pointed star was also a feature of Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion series which he drew himself. Crowley also had one on one of his Tarot cards.

Source

Seeing as you are also a skeptic, did you drink or eat anything while at this Psychic? (Thinking possibly spiked drinks here)

Hope someone else chips in but its an interesting story if nothing else.

Good luck.

edit on 24/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Its the Ecumenical star, it represents one whole world under one religion.
Test this, millions of hippys withches and the occultists will tell you wonderful things and none will tell you to test the spirit.
The one and only way to test the spirit is to pray to Jesus.
I believe many more people in the near future will have similar experiences as you have now.
www.demonbuster.com...
Have a little look at the link, be careful

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Maybe it is telling you that you do have psychic ability and to believe your gut feelings (as it may help you significantly one day). It might be also referring to your healing abilities and that you need to follow it up. The voice was maybe of your beloved departed. I have no idea what that symbol means. Hope you find the answers you are searching for.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Yeah i know what u mean but still thats what i believe. I know when dabbeling into things of that nature you must tread carefully. But i dont think it would hurt to just do some research into it.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Do you see the same star patter around in your daily life from time to time?
If so, it could be a sign that you are to pursue that particular path, a healer i mean. You never know what you might find, it sounds like you had an out of body experience, moving into the astral plane. You can induce this state of conciousness willingly too, i've been trying. Haha

no i dont see the symbol much.. although i have seen it since then, but it has never been significant..

i have had many dreams where im flying.. and one time in a dream a friend was in trouble, when i contacted them the next day, they indeed did need help, in which i did help and basically (over the course of months) helped them from a very dark time in their life.. they always tell me i saved their life..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Could you have viewed a version of "a wheel within a wheel" or a sort of 3D Merkaba?

2nd

im not aware of this, but i will look into it.. thank you..

or if you could provide a little more information on it, would be appreciated..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

That looks like it's a variation on the "eye" shaped insignia. Looks like they tried to fool you with some alien mind tricks. They're bad news, and I'd have to recommend staying away from them. Heh.. failure to heed my warning on those folks would land anyone in the most ultimate world of trouble

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

No real ideas but the 8 pointed star was also a feature of Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion series which he drew himself. Crowley also had one on one of his Tarot cards.

Source

Seeing as you are also a skeptic, did you drink or eat anything while at this Psychic? (Thinking possibly spiked drinks here)

Hope someone else chips in but its an interesting story if nothing else.

Good luck.

edit on 24/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

no.. no food or drink there. she didnt seem that type either, she also invited me back to join her circle which i politely declined.

ill check out the links and info.. thanks for the input..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If you dont already you should try some form of meditation. Still the mind and let it flow freely. From what you describe in your dreams, you seem to be have outer body experiences (I know how that sounds, but keep an open mind and dont let pseudo-science/extremists get in the way, find your own truth). Would you describe yourself as being very "empathic" being able to sense heightened emotion very easily?

edit on 24-10-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boony
Its the Ecumenical star, it represents one whole world under one religion.
Test this, millions of hippys withches and the occultists will tell you wonderful things and none will tell you to test the spirit.
The one and only way to test the spirit is to pray to Jesus.
I believe many more people in the near future will have similar experiences as you have now.
www.demonbuster.com...
Have a little look at the link, be careful

thanks for the link and advice.. ill check it out..

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana

Maybe it is telling you that you do have psychic ability and to believe your gut feelings (as it may help you significantly one day). It might be also referring to your healing abilities and that you need to follow it up. The voice was maybe of your beloved departed. I have no idea what that symbol means. Hope you find the answers you are searching for.

i dont think the voice was that anyone i know. it was powerful and kind of 'booming'

its been 10 years now and im still searching for the answers, i always thought it may come at a time when it was significant, thats why i kind of left it (other than researching the symbol)

thanks for the comment..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join