It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers of Witchcraft and Wicca Needed to Supply Global Shortage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Have you ever considered learning Wicca and the Art of Witchcraft? Well stand in line, because there is a global shortage of teachers and the demand continues to grow. According to Witch School, within the next decade it is very likely that Wicca will be one of the largest religions in America, and there are simply not enough teachers to handle that demand.

Linky

Not sure what the pay is, or how Gaia(Isis) views it. But this sounds like a promising career with room for growth and advancement. Might be interesting to know what kind of perks come along with it. Do any of our resident Wiccans know anything about this?

Wicca is America's Fastest Growing religion, and it is anticipated by some Christian religious experts that it will become the third largest religion in the United States early in the 21st century, behind only Christianity and Islam.

Not bad. Sounds like "the craft" is making a comeback.

Witch School believes that America is on the brink of awakening and discovering its inner magic, and this is changing belief systems around the world as well.

Pagans have a different vision of everyday life where magic can occur in the workplace, alongside science and technology, among friends and co-workers, filling all those different places with a sense of awe and wonder.

This article reads almost like a brochure.

Witch School has been working for the past 10 years to train teachers and mentors for the task that lies ahead.

This statement is interesting. Obviously, someone has seen a steady increase in growth, and had a lot of faith it would continue.

So, any of our resident Wiccans wanna share what they have heard about this? And what they think of this schools reputation? Are they charlatans? Or are they genuine?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I think it's a trap run by Christians; a honey pot scheme to lure in unsuspecting pagans for one of Christianity's favorite past-times: witch burning, witch dunking, and forcible conversion to Christianity followed by burning (just in case).

edit on 24-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

You might just have a point there. The inquisition returns.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
that's what the world needs more of. people invoking and working with the devil and demons.

and before you say you're benevolent, you are working with the enemies of God. the only way to invoke righteousness and good is thru God.

anything else is deception, because you're not asking God for blessings and grace, you're asking one of His lesser creations that have turned on man and God.

in a sense you're empowering and worshipping a creature or spirit that was not created to be worshipped or empowered.

worship is to God only, and not to the earth, or anything He created.

that knowledge and wisdom you think you have is not real. but do you believe any spirit that is not from God is truthful and honest and is not deceiving you into worshipping a rock, the moon or the earth, with is no more alive than pavement.

life lives on the earth.. the earth is just the medium on which independent life co exists, lives and grows on.

edit on 24-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Point in case, the above post.
I rest my case.

edit on 24-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

amen! preach it brother! hallelujah! scream it from the mountain tops! God hates you if you ain't christian!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that's what the world needs more of. people invoking and working with the devil and demons.

and before you say you're benevolent, you are working with the enemies of God. the only way to invoke righteousness and good is thru God.

anything else is deception, because you're not asking God for blessings and grace, you're asking one of His lesser creations that have turned on man and God.

in a sense you're empowering and worshipping a creature or spirit that was not created to be worshipped or empowered.

worship is to God only, and not to the earth, or anything He created.

that knowledge and wisdom you think you have is not real. but do you believe any spirit that is not from God is truthful and honest and is not deceiving you into worshipping a rock, the moon or the earth, with is no more alive than pavement.

life lives on the earth.. the earth is just the medium on which independent life co exists, lives and grows on.

edit on 24-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I will do my best here to not completely feel threatened by the tone of ignorance.....
First I do pray through God, the CREATOR of ALL....I do NOT worship the earth, I live through the creation of it.....I DO NOT worship or Empower any creature! I only use tools in ritual just as you use a bible or incense or your statue of Jesus on the Cross.....AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Wiccans do not believe in YOUR CREATED DEVIL......Thats your cross to bear, not mine.

Now have a blessed night....So Mote It Be!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I thought it was politicians who did their cavorting with ol Scratch...not witches. Most witches can't afford his 10,000 a plate fundraisers.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

So what do you think of this article Starwise? Are they legit?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I am assuming you aren't interested in the job?

Sorry bro, I'm an atheist. I don't believe in the christian demons anymore than I believe in the christian god.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I didnt even know people still felt that way about witchcraft...all that devil stuff and all. With the wealth of information available it is actually pretty easy to find out what it is all about. That is...if you want to. The best thing to conquer fear and ignorance is knowledge. I practiced for well over a decade and don't recall worshiping anything subversive for one single minute.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I will ignore the silly "devil worship" rant. Ignorant to even go there if you took the time to actually know what you are talking about. On topic..I have more students than I can handle at the moment as is so I get that it is an increase in those who wish to follow the path of the Wise. Never would have thought it years ago. I cant imagine "teaching" 30 + students.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Honestly this is the first I have heard of this. I am looking over the website witchschool right now.

Personally I believe in sticking to the traditional teachings which include having a student learn from you for a year and a day before they decide if that is the path they wish to follow. Then they can earn their degrees.....

I am only a 2nd degree and decided that teaching was not my calling....

Living in the bible belt is frustrating to say the least. Everyone here assumes you are a Christian and I find it very irritating. Because of my job, I just smile and tell them that its what in your heart that matters.

I cant really get started because my post will end up becoming deleted:

However I highly recommend reading

WE ARE THE OTHER PEOPLE:
www.paganlibrary.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Really. You should check out the ignorance people throw at you in the southern bible belt here. People would rather get by on fear and fight what they don't understand than be enlightened and choose what is right for them based on fact. Its a shame. Do what you will, but harm none..satanic? LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I like how people find it hard to believe in one god yet they turn to witchcraft which has many many gods. Depending on which path you follow that is.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Okay I am sending this link to a High Priestess friend of mine here in NC; she has her own Wiccan Church and I believe if anyone would have heard of this person Rev Don Lewis, she would......

Personally it looks likes an elaborate money making scheme......but who knows.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This looks as good a place as any to ask why does god want to be worshipped? Surely this is one of humankinds' less favourable traits? And why did he put the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden telling Adam and Eve not to eat from it, giving them free will when they were little more than innocent children - sounds like setting us up for failure.

I'm being serious here, would like some answers/opinions.

As for schools of witchcraft......always understood it was a solitary activity or you joined a coven. When people set themselves up as 'experts' to teach something like this I cannot help but feel suspicious of their real motives, like those who claim to be god's representitive on Earth for their own ends.

OK class dismissed. Don't forget your eyes of newt for tomorrows lesson.

Am I going to go to hell now?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
This looks as good a place as any to ask why does god want to be worshipped? Surely this is one of humankinds' less favourable traits? And why did he put the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden telling Adam and Eve not to eat from it, giving them free will when they were little more than innocent children - sounds like setting us up for failure.

I'm being serious here, would like some answers/opinions.

Am I going to go to hell now?

Read this and it WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

www.paganlibrary.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
Okay I am sending this link to a High Priestess friend of mine here in NC; she has her own Wiccan Church and I believe if anyone would have heard of this person Rev Don Lewis, she would......

Personally it looks likes an elaborate money making scheme......but who knows.

Please keep us posted on what you hear.

I have to ask a question here though. When I was much, much younger. I knew some Witches personally who allowed me to read some things that don't make it onto bookshelves. I also had and read the first edition of "Drawing down the moon". Which I bought from their store.

My question is a simple one. My understanding is that each witch has an athame, and keeps a journal which is then handed down after death. I've noticed this is something seldom mentioned by witches. So I'm sure it's private to them. But who does the athame and journal get handed down to? An apprentice? A relative who is also a witch? And also, are there still journals used by covens that are centuries old?

If thats too much to answer, I'll understand. But this is something I've been curious about for a long time.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

that was an AWESOME read! I am definitely sharing this with some friends of mine. thanks for posting

MM&MP

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join