It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with APEC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There is going to be an APEC meeting here in Honolulu Hawaii. They are going to shut down the city and put up a no fly zone. They are also saying that if regular citizens are around the area of Waikiki to Ala'Moana beach park, they will have the right to search us.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

Do you have a source? Proof this is happening?

EDIT: www.eastwestcenter.org...
Here's a source of the event but no mention of what your saying about searching people from Wakiki to Ala Moana and no mention of a no-fly zone but if Obama is going to be there as stated in the source I found I think that's pretty common for where ever he is.
edit on 24-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Seems pretty normal to me, just leave the Maui Wowie at home on that day.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

It was hear-say from locals who say that their is a no fly zone and top notch security. this was also mentioned on twitter by
KahunaHawaii Kahunaaloha
by occupywaikiki
#APEC is going to be a big deal in Hawaii.. Hawaii no fly zone 21 world leaders and 18,000 in Hawaii.. crossroads of a new world order.
26 Sep

twitter.com...#!/occupywaikiki

now i am not sure and that is why i am on here to see what the community knows about all this. thanks for your feed back.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unite_life

Hawaii is my favorite place in the world and Ala Moana is my favorite place to surf in the summer in Oahu, I hope they're not getting ready to drill for oil. Aloha!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Same as they always do for all these APEC meetings - whether in Hawaii or anywhere else - ther's going to be 20 or more heads of state there & it's pretty standard security

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My biggest problem with the APEC here in Hawaii is how they are treating the homeless through the whole thing. There's all this talk of wanting all the tent cities cleaned up and out of sight when Obama etc show up. But it's like they literally just want to sweep all the homeless people under the rug till the APEC is over. They won't fix the problem, there will still be mass amounts of homeless people here, rent will still be ludicrously high, hotels will keep going up. They just want the homeless population to disappear during the conference, then back to business as usual.

new topics

top topics

join