It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-22A, X-33A, and other New US Flying Disks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Anti-Gravity powered disk-shaped military Aircraft are very Real. Both Northrop Grumman and Lockeed Martin are involved in the research and development of these aircraft. While I'm not sure if all the details are accurate, the site clame that these craft are hidden at Groom Lake, NV ; and King Mountian, UT.

Flying Disks

Take a look and see what you think!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
hmm interesting. i wonder how they solved the unstability factor.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow, what rubbish. Moon and Mars bases? Are they out of their minds! That site is pure fiction.
1. Why would anyone want to have a military base on the moon or Mars? They are of no strategic value.
2. It would be an impossible secret to keep. Do you really think that the US could keep such a major undertaking secret? Its just common sense that it would be impossible

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The fact alone that it is (possibly) on the moon or mars makes it easier to keep secret. Look at how many people still go to area 51 where more than likely there is nothing there that may have once been. It's closed-"mindedness" like this that makes it easy to conceal things from the general public. No one will believe it if it sounds to wild or complex.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlmtdPotential
The fact alone that it is (possibly) on the moon or mars makes it easier to keep secret. Look at how many people still go to area 51 where more than likely there is nothing there that may have once been. It's closed-"mindedness" like this that makes it easy to conceal things from the general public. No one will believe it if it sounds to wild or complex.

There is a difference between using common sense and being close-minded. In fact, you almost made my point for me! Everyone knew about Area51(Groom Lake)! It was one of the US's most secret facilities, and yet, everyone knew of its existence.
What makes you think that the government could keep a moon or Mars base secret? Here are some reasons why its not possible...
1. Just sending a small team of astronauts to Mars would cost an estimated 1 TRILLION dollars, building a large base would be financially impossible.
2. The amount of manpower nessicery to build such a base would be enormous. There is no way that the mission could be kept secret.
3. There is no reason to believe such a theory. It doesnt make sense tactically, financially or scientifically.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
While I disagree with points 1 + 2, your third argument sums it up for me

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
actually it is posible the amount of black goverment funds are quite high now if say a couple billion went into a secretive project every year this could build up to a sizeable ammount once the correcti amount was reached you could get forces into space.

also it is very tacticaly advantagous to have troops in space. imagine haveing the capability to have space devolped weapons ready to go before any one else. its the perfect base for a test site, no need to worry about colateral damage since there is no colateral to damage. i think mabye they could have a small base on mars if they wanted and definatly a base on the moon if they wanted.

actually there is. think about it does any one know about the secretive bases the us could have in the desert like area 8. its possible just difficult.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
there is a difference between having weapons in space orbiting the earth and having a prmanent base on the mars or moon. Space weaopns = good idea, Space Base on mars = financially irresponsable (at this point in time).

As far as a testing range, it would be the worst idea ever for weapons because the atmosphere and gravity would be diferent then that on earth, thus making most results irrelevent for illitary use on earth.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
there is a difference between having weapons in space orbiting the earth and having a prmanent base on the mars or moon. Space weaopns = good idea, Space Base on mars = financially irresponsable (at this point in time).

As far as a testing range, it would be the worst idea ever for weapons because the atmosphere and gravity would be diferent then that on earth, thus making most results irrelevent for illitary use on earth.

well it would be a good place to test bombs i was meaning. oh no i was meaning like vehicles for fighting in space not like ICBM's and stuff sorry should of been clearer. now mars is out of the question but the moon is a bit easier.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Bases on the moon and mars, I think not. Antigravatational crafts built by humans, slim possibility. Use of these crafts in a war zone, not likley. UFOs flying through our air space and throughout the world, yes. We are not the only civilization in the universe.
I strongly believe that we are visited by aliens daily. I don't no want they want if anything at all but they certainly do not interfere with us. Yes, we read and hear about alien abductions, cattle multilation and crop circles but has any of these things impacted the average man?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Bases on the moon and mars, I think not.
[/qoute]
wrong
there possible and are not an easy but not an impossible goal.

Antigravatational crafts built by humans, slim possibility.
[/qoute]
why? you build a magnet powerful enough and it will float. its possible.

Use of these crafts in a war zone, not likley.
[/qoute]
its the perfect place to test them. no one would know who fired the tow missile that took out a lone tank.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
A U.S. Military Astronaut program I could believe. Spaceship one got into low orbit space for 25 million with a military funding you could do so much more. If you had space based weapon having your own Military Astronauts could have advantages over using NASA for this type of work.

Now if you think humans have procured Alien tech at some point in time then Bases on the Moon or Mars would be quite easy. If a craft could make it too earth from another planet a trip to Mars would be like a trip down the street.

For all the people that say they could never keep this a secret. If this is true they didnt keep the secret because we are reading about it on a website.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A U.S. Military Astronaut program I could believe. Spaceship one got into low orbit space for 25 million with a military funding you could do so much more. If you had space based weapon having your own Military Astronauts could have advantages over using NASA for this type of work.

Now if you think humans have procured Alien tech at some point in time then Bases on the Moon or Mars would be quite easy. If a craft could make it too earth from another planet a trip to Mars would be like a trip down the street.

For all the people that say they could never keep this a secret. If this is true they didnt keep the secret because we are reading about it on a website.

1. A $25million low orbit mission, and a $1 trillion mission to Mars are two different things entirely. Considering that the Mars mission is 40,000 times more expensive, I dont think anybody could keep that secret. Even if a couple of billion dollars a year could be syphoned off for such a black op, it would take 500 years to raise enough money just to send a few astronauts there... let alone build a base!
2. Alien tech. Um, ok. What about a magic broom that could transport us to Mars? Maybe a teleporting device? Even if we had alien technology, we probably wouldnt have the intellectual capacity to know what it was, let alone use it. It would be like teaching a mouse how to use a computer. Bottom line, there are a million things one could assume to convince oneself that a Martian base is possible. However, that is not an efficient or productive way of problem solving. With enough assumptions, anything is possible.
3. When I said that it was impossible to keep a operation such as that secret, I meant that it would be so obvious, that we would learn of it from reputable news sources.... not "aliendave.com"

[edit on 31-8-2004 by apw100]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by apw100

1. A $25million low orbit mission, and a $1 trillion mission to Mars are two different things entirely. Considering that the Mars mission is 40,000 times more expensive, I dont think anybody could keep that secret. Even if a couple of billion dollars a year could be syphoned off for such a black op, it would take 500 years to raise enough money just to send a few astronauts there... let alone build a base!
2. Alien tech. Um, ok. What about a magic broom that could transport us to Mars? Maybe a teleporting device? Even if we had alien technology, we probably wouldnt have the intellectual capacity to know what it was, let alone use it. It would be like teaching a mouse how to use a computer. Bottom line, there are a million things one could assume to convince oneself that a Martian base is possible. However, that is not an efficient or productive way of problem solving. With enough assumptions, anything is possible.
3. When I said that it was impossible to keep a operation such as that secret, I meant that it would be so obvious, that we would learn of it from reputable news sources.... not "aliendave.com"

[edit on 31-8-2004 by apw100]

When someone in the military gets into low earth orbit that would make them U.S. Military Astronauts. If space ship one could do it dont you think the military could do it ten times better.

I dont think there are military bases on Mars but the military had plans to put a base on the moon along time ago with Project Horizon. Though I dont think they ever went through with it.

A military space station would be a safter bet if you really thought they had a military base off world.

When have ''reputable news sources'' ever broke a military black project secret?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Ok, at least we agree that there arent secret military bases on Mars! lol. Anyway, I agree that a military space station is within reason. Previous ideas for extraterrestrial bases were probably largely fueled by Cold War paranoia. Now that its over, we dont have the pressure that we once had. I still doubt that the military would have any lunar bases, as it probably would be of little tactical use.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
Ok, at least we agree that there arent secret military bases on Mars! lol. Anyway, I agree that a military space station is within reason. Previous ideas for extraterrestrial bases were probably largely fueled by Cold War paranoia. Now that its over, we dont have the pressure that we once had. I still doubt that the military would have any lunar bases, as it probably would be of little tactical use.

well they would be handy for testing bombs. and seeing what the effects of weappons and veihicles and stuff are in space or on the moon.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Do you really believe that the USA spent 25 billion in 1970 dollars to reach the moon only to send a dozen men and then kill the whole project? Of course not. Project Apollo fulfilled the political mission in beating the russians at that point the military took over and that was the last anyone would hear of manned moon missions. In the past 35 years at the behest of the trilateral commission the government has diverted trillions to black projects including the moon bases and the craft to shuttle men and materials. In the 80s great strides were made in reverse engineering the alien craft in the governments possesion. This opened up new technologies which greatly facilitated our mission on the moon not to mention weapons to be used here on earth.

new topics

top topics

join