It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Side Woman Allegedly Beaten by Chicago Police Officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

West Side Woman Allegedly Beaten by Chicago Police Officers

[url=http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/jameka-neil-west-side-woman-allegedly-beaten-by-chicago-police-officers-20111020]www.myfoxchicago.com[ /url]

“I was grabbed and threw to the floor or to the ground,” Jemeka Neil said. “It was so many officers that can out of nowhere and they were beating me.”

"I'm steady screaming, ‘I’m a girl - I'm a girl!’ They were stomping and beating me with flash lights before I knew it my face was so swollen,” Neil said.

"They were prejudiced,” Neil said. “They were calling me d*** b****, black b****. They didn't give me a chance they really didn't say anything."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Those criminals. It really shouldn't surprise me that much, considering I was born in America, but knowing how brutal the government is, it makes me angry when I hear of their brutality.

There was no reason for this, but they just do it anyway and reason doesn't matter. Reason isn't important for them, or even for the "justice" system. Luckily, Chicago has some really decent lawyers. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop people from being harassed, beaten, tortured, and killed.

[url=http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/jameka-neil-west-side-woman-allegedly-beaten-by-chicago-police-officers-20111020]www.myfoxchicago.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

You know: I live in Downstate IL. Several Years ago... My wife and I went to one the museums up there as we thought it would be a nice change of pace for us. The people we met were downright rude, but especially the police.
We were parked in an area that we paid for to park there. Paid for 2 hours. We had an hour left on the meter when we got in the car. I wanted to look at a map to determine what route to take next when I heard all manor of expletives emanating from behind me. It was a cop. Screaming at us with his baton out; It was without doubt a very dangerous situation. We got out of that space quickly, and left town immediately. We will never return. We won't even go near the area. Probably there are some nice Chicago people out there. But we will never meet them because of those that appeared quite dangerous to us. The Chicago Police.
Do I personally believe this account of this woman? You bet I do. They are in a constant state of law suit court, and brutality complaints. If I were near that city I would be in a constant state of paranoia until I was far enough away to be safe from those of Chicago who supposedly "protect and serve".
this is not hatred....it is fear...I will never return
DH

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The caliber of police has really fallen over the years and I believe that it mostly due to the militarization and corruption of the police via the drug war.

I've watched one laid-back agricultural county in NE Florida go completely darkside. In less than a decade, police were driving dangerously (tailgating with no lights, no siren, speeding not on calls, etc) acting very aggressively and threatening. Ever watched a patrolman pull over a bicycle and search him?

It's worse now. My little county in NW Florida has 6+ major detention facilities - it's the only real industry. We have dirty cops, lazy cops and one high-ranking cop with a severe behavioral problem. We have so borked-up judges too. Collectively, they really seem to think they "special".

No easy answers.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I was in Chicago in 1968! I still have the scars and knots on my head to prove it and I wasn't even protesting. I was visiting my girlfriends family at the time! I walked out of a restaurant and had my head bashed in!. I ain't never going back unless I have to land there on my way to somewhere else and I will not spend one dime while there!

Zindo

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm not surprised by this story. I live in the Chicago metro area and every news cast starts the same way. Someone shot or killed in Chicago, someone shot by Chicago Police. I lived in the city for 2 years and left. More people are killed or wounded on the streets of Chicago than in actual war zones! I'm sure other major cities are similar.
Despite an excellent cultural experience, ie; world class museums, colleges and universities, and gastronomical experiences, it all is overshadowed by the oafish Chicago police and the gang of thugs who run Chicago politics. It is Rahm Emmanuel after all who happens to be the mayor of the third largest city in the USA.
I would leave if I could. I feel like there are way too many hands in my pockets around here and what they steal from me isn't used in any productive manner. However due to economic circumstance I am trapped in the stranglehold of northern Illinois B.S.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by DavidsHope

I was in Chicago in 1968! I still have the scars and knots on my head to prove it and I wasn't even protesting. I was visiting my girlfriends family at the time! I walked out of a restaurant and had my head bashed in!. I ain't never going back unless I have to land there on my way to somewhere else and I will not spend one dime while there!

Zindo

I am originally from there (Western Suburbs, River Forest, 12 miles from downtown)

In '68, a bunch of us kids went downtown to "watch" the Dem convention.

We were at a distance, as the cops went after the protesters.

We also saw the west side riots in April '68 (at a distance but close enough!).

The Army was there for that one !

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

this delusional woman...she needs to remember that "most cops are good"..

I mean come on!!

what about all those "good cops" and the way they:

1. stopped the beating
2. helped prosecute and get the 'one in a million' bad ones fired
3. and didn't the good cops also ostrasize the few 'bad ones' ?

oh wait...........
its not like somewhere in America there are cops beating people needlessly everyday or anything...
Cops are issued a badge, gun, and a HALO..plus they are given a free pass thru the Pearly Gates because even GOD realizes what a necessity cops are.. Jesus was known to appreciate the Roman guards (cops), heck they were always nice to him...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 23-10-2011 by BlkSwanEv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

this delusional woman...she needs to remember that "most cops are good"..

I mean come on!!

what about all those "good cops" and the way they:

1. stopped the beating
2. helped prosecute and get the 'one in a million' bad ones fired
3. and didn't the good cops also ostrasize the few 'bad ones' ?

oh wait...........
its not like somewhere in America there are cops beating people needlessly everyday or anything...
Cops are issued a badge, gun, and a HALO..plus they are given a free pass thru the Pearly Gates because even GOD realizes what a necessity cops are.. Jesus was known to appreciate the Roman guards (cops), heck they were always nice to him...

Wouldn't say the Roman guards were always nice. It was a Roman guard that pierced his side. the Guards tortured him, and even gambled for his clothing at his feet. but your point is very good
as far as a take on what is going on police wise nation wide daily I get a daily dose of
www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

Looking just now I noticed the newest entry was about ....you guessed it! A Chicago Cop
DH

top topics

join