It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi rant - sorta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It’s not often I get irritated by stuff on ATS a lot of which I have come to take with a pinch of salt at times, but this whole gaddafi business is getting to me a bit now. I want to quote a post I saw in another thread HERE

Originally posted by longtermproject
ok so they catch Saddam, they leak the hanging, the conspiracy starts that it wasn't him... even though EVERYONE close to him said it was....

They shoot Osama in the face, and dump his body at sea to supposedly prevent angering the Muslims for how he died.... the conspiracy is started that he didn't die, because his body wasn't shown, even though EVERYONE close to him said he died....

Now the NTC fighters kill Gaddafi, after Nato killed most of his security force in a bombing run, they show his obviously scared lifeless face all over tv and yet you still don't believe he is dead... even though EVERYONE close to him said it was him.....

And I couldn’t agree more…….. It’s a growing trend I have seen a lot over the years particularly in the last year, I mean if these people must be living some great life in the middle of no-were together having a laugh eh /sarcasm.

Now don’t get me wrong here, im not denying that outside powers (whatever you choose to call them) may have alternate interests in being involved in each of these cases, or that propaganda is galore, I, however despise one thing………. The hound dogs that leech onto any shred of conspiracy against the big TPTB (pick ur bad guy there’s a fair few)

Another thing and growing trend I see is that when 2 opposing viewpoints clash in a thread, take this thread as an example: In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about
Now don’t get me wrong on the face of it it’s a pretty well constructed OP, some good points to be made in it and he lays it all out with his own insights clear, using utube and other link methods (as one does). However when an opposing view point comes in it is demanded they show the proof to were gaddafi was a horrible dictator who killed thousands of people, burying a lot in mass graves, unwilling to hold elections etc etc etc , and when a challenge is made (not just reference to this thread but others that are similar) and such ‘proof’ is linked it is dismissed as msm propaganda, unreliable sources and such like (even tho OP’s use similar links to their own materiel) this to me smacks of double standards and is highly infuriating at least to me! It seems that in some cases if any other people hold an opinion different to your own it’s classed as unreliable, msm disinfo the posters called sheeples and < add ur fav term here>. Sometimes facepalming just doesn’t cut it anymore. People have opposing views, I get that, but please people do not sit there and blag your way around other peoples viewpoints just because it doesn’t tally with what you believe, grow a brain or at least half a brain. And the aforementioned stuff was not just directed at the Gaddafi threads those just happen to be what I read last lol.

When it comes to said dictator let’s get real here, he WAS NOT a misunderstood soul, he WAS NOT the greatest man in the world who happened to do a few lil things wrong. He was a highly intelligent man who knew what the hell he was doing, who wasn’t afraid to do the unthinkable to get his own way and to keep himself in power, let’s not fluff up the facts here. He was a man who for 42 years ruled Libya with an iron fist. Now don’t get me wrong here, over the years he done a lot of good things for his country and for African interests as a whole, Free education for both boys and girls, free healthcare, and other such things, his country prospered however this does not put him on par to the arch angel of good. He was a well known supporter of terrorism – that is ofc until 2000 when he attempted to distince himself from it to save his own skin after the 9/11 attacks., now to save me typing this out imam quote from the dreded Wikipedia for now –here

As early as 1969, Gaddafi waged a campaign against Chad. Part of his hostility was apparently because Chadian President François Tombalbaye was a black African and a Christian.[23] Libya was also involved in a sometimes violent territorial dispute with neighbouring Chad over the Aouzou Strip, which Libya occupied in 1973. This dispute eventually led to the Libyan invasion of the country and to a conflict that was ended by a ceasefire reached in 1987. The dispute was in the end settled peacefully in June 1994 when Libya withdrew troops from Chad due to a judgement of the International Court of Justice issued on 13 February 1994.[24]

n 1972, Gaddafi created the Islamic Legion as a tool to unify and Arabize the region. The priority of the Legion was first Chad, and then Sudan. In Darfur, a western province of Sudan, Gaddafi supported the creation of the Arab Gathering (Tajammu al-Arabi), which according to Gérard Prunier was "a militantly racist and pan-Arabist organization which stressed the 'Arab' character of the province."[25] The two organizations shared members and a source of support, and the distinction between the two is often ambiguous.
This Islamic Legion was mostly composed of immigrants from poorer Sahelian countries,[26] but also, according to a source, thousands of Pakistanis who had been recruited in 1981 with the false promise of civilian jobs once in Libya.[27] Generally speaking, the Legion's members were immigrants who had gone to Libya with no thought of fighting wars, and had been provided with inadequate military training and had sparse commitment. A French journalist, speaking of the Legion's forces in Chad, observed that they were "foreigners, Arabs or Africans, mercenaries in spite of themselves, wretches who had come to Libya hoping for a civilian job, but found themselves signed up more or less by force to go and fight in an unknown desert."[26]
At the beginning of the 1987 Libyan offensive into Chad, it maintained a force of 2,000 in Darfur. The nearly continuous cross-border raids that resulted greatly contributed to a separate ethnic conflict within Darfur that killed about 9,000 people between 1985 and 1988.[28]
Janjaweed, a group that is accused by the U.S. of carrying out a genocide in Darfur in the 2000s, emerged in 1988 and some its leaders are former legionnaires.[

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

n 1972 Gaddafi tried to get the People's Republic of China to sell him a nuclear bomb. He then tried to get a bomb from Pakistan, but Pakistan severed its ties before it succeeded in building a bomb.[31] In 1978, Gaddafi turned to Pakistan's rival, India, for help building its own nuclear bomb, and asked Indira Gandhi to build an advanced atomic power plant.[32] In July 1978, Gaddafi and Gandhi reached a memorandum and signed a Memorandum of understanding to cooperate in peaceful applications of nuclear energy as part of India's Atom of Peace policy.[32] In 1991, then Prime minister Navaz Sharif paid a state visit to Libya to hold talks on the promotion of a Free Trade Agreement between Pakistan and Libya.[33] However, Gaddafi focused on demanding Pakistan's Prime minister sell him a nuclear weapon, which surprised many of the Prime minister's delegation members and journalists.[33] When Prime minister Sharif refused Gaddafi's demand, Gaddafi disrespected him, calling him a "Corrupt politician", a term which insulted and surprised Sharif.[33]The Prime minister cancelled the talks and immediately returned to Pakistan and expelled the Libyan Ambassador from Pakistan.

On 15 April 1986, U.S. naval forces launched an air strike into Libya as a reprisal for the 1986 Berlin discotheque bombing, destroying military defenses and installations, diplomatic and civilian sites, and a number of city blocks. The combination of U.S. attacks resulted in material losses to Libya, held responsible for the training of terrorists and the shipment of arms.

Gaddafi was a close supporter of Ugandan President Idi Amin. Amin even married Gaddafi's daughter while in Libya, but she then divorced Amin.[36]
Gaddafi sent thousands of troops to fight against Tanzania on behalf of Idi Amin. About 600 Libyan soldiers lost their lives attempting to defend the collapsing presidency of Amin. Amin exiled from Uganda to Libya before settling in Saudi Arabia.[37]
Gaddafi also aided Jean-Bédel Bokassa, the Emperor of the Central African Empire.[37][38]
Gaddafi supported Soviet protege Haile Mariam Mengistu,[38] who was later convicted for one of the deadliest genocides in history.
Gaddafi's World Revolutionary Center (WRC) near Benghazi become a training center for groups backed by Gaddafi.[39] Graduates in power as of 2011 include Blaise Compaoré of Burkina Faso andIdriss Déby of Chad.[40]
Gaddafi trained and supported Liberian dictator Charles Taylor, who was indicted by the Special Court for Sierra Leone for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed during the conflict in Sierra Leone.[41] Foday Sankoh, the founder of Revolutionary United Front, was also Gaddafi's graduate. According to Douglas Farah, "The amputation of the arms and legs of men, women, and children as part of a scorched-earth campaign was designed to take over the region's rich diamond fields and was backed by Gaddafi, who routinely reviewed their progress and supplied weapons".[40]
Gaddafi intervened militarily in the Central African Republic in 2001 to protect his ally Ange-Félix Patassé. Patassé signed a deal giving Libya a 99-year lease to exploit all of that country's natural resources, including uranium, copper, diamonds, and oil.[39]

Of course there is heaaappps more, and yes its Wikipedia but meh, now is all this staged propaganda for a saint of a man?? Perhaps. And this of course is a drop in a very big pond, this man was NO saint he committed vast crimes against his ‘people’ and quelled any ‘uprisings’ in the past quickly and using deadly force, look at some other interesting links about this man.
he Prosecutor v. Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi, Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi and Abdullah Al-Senussi
The NS Profile: Muammar Al-Gaddafi
Gaddafi: From Popular Hero to Isolated Dictator
Background Note: Libya

Human Rights Violations in Libya

War crimes live blog

International prosecutor cites credible evidence of Libyan war crimes

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Of course only a few links, credible?? I have no idea but I have learned enough over the years, yes from the internet yes from news but also from Libyan friends on just what he was capable of to make my own opinion on it. Now what I find interesting is that people on ats believe that the people of Libya did not rebel against this man…that he was well loved etc etc, it was Rebels, nato and other such people who incited this action - and that people of Libya did not suffer anything, they were not tortured, people did not disappear, there were not mass graves found, or people hanged en mass in remote places (including children and women), and women were not raped by Gaddafi soldiers.

Some interesting things

Witness to War Crimes: Evidence from Misrata, Libya

Libya Conflict Timeline

Now of course though we have to balance this out, there is no concrete proof (well that would be acceptable) to say that soldiers raped and pillage women and other such human rights violations that have been reported in Libya – reports are scarce that go against this dictator, (I could of course be wrong) with the exception of msm reports, gov reports, news stories – so one could summarize that it is all set up to bring this man down to regain control of his wealth and his country’s wealth, however I struggle with something, if what is being reported against this man is all poppy tosh why did his people rebel against him, even people I know who are from that country feared him (and iv heard some rough stories). Do outside gov agencies or other powers that be hold a greater interest in ousting this man? Answer…a heck yea, of course they do, but, what is more important? Making sure the Libyan people are free or the money, that is the big question and only time will tell what the real truth is on the matter.

To me I am glad he is gone, so are my friends, they feel liberated – free. What I do not agree with is the manor of his death – being paraded around the streets, beaten etc and his dead body disrespected as it was – this I don’t agree with, he should have been tried in a court of law for the ‘crimes’ he has done and people should not take the law into their own hands, it makes you worse than them imo, even though i do not blame the reaction, i do not condone it

An interesting thing though, if Gaddafi is called a dictator – to be tried for crimes against humanity – imo shouldn’t every other countries governments be tried for the same? For all the wars they entered, needless lives lost homes and lands destroyed all in the name of greed. But that my friends is a different story and thread, the man is dead, are his people better off?? Only time will tell.

edit on 22/10/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Roni, I don't mean to give such a short reply but honestly...I think these boards are filled with a new type of addict. Addiction to fear, addiction to complaint. It doesn't seem to matter what changes in the world it's all fake or puppetry so that people can continue to complain and not grip the chance to get off their asses and be part of the world again.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
hi i just thought i would post this here. i stumbled across this website elppredictions2.blogspot.com... he predictd gaddafi's death on the 6th of this month. i have also had a pretty accurate reading from him. he seems very good at what he does, although his date was off he was close.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kronix

i actually remember reading this in another thread, it was pretty eerie re reading it for those not gonna click the linky - although to note the huffington post is a blah kinda site and is not considered to be alegit news source, either way its intresting

On October 11th (or Nov 6th ) Moammar Gadhafi will be killed by the hands surrounding him. May his death bring peace to Libya.
The coded dates were obscure, 11 was consistent but whether it represented a date or month was unclear giving two possible options. They made it very clear this was coming soon.

SIRTE, Libya, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Ousted Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi died in a battle in Sirte Thursday, officials said, and images were shown of what appeared to be his bloody body.
Huff Post: While he was still alive, the fighters drove him around lying on the hood of a truck, perhaps to parade him in public. One fighter held him down, pressing on his thigh with a pair of shoes in a show of contempt.
Standing upright, he is shoved along a Sirte road by fighters who chanted "God is great."
Gaddafi appears to struggle against them, stumbling and shouting as the fighters push him onto the hood of a pickup truck.
My Comments: The dates are clearly off. I continue to struggle with exact dates. It happened 'soon' and his death was in a battle of 'those surrounding him'. Even with the mistakes the mad dog is dead, and now Libya will have their peace, as noted in Centuries 7.
News sites:
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.upi.com...

Original Posted Prediction: P51 The end of Gadhafi
elppredictions.blogspot.com...

Centuries 7
elppredictions3.blogspot.com...]

edit on 22/10/11 by ronishia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

i had him look into my future and he saved me from encountering some trouble that i cant discuss here. also he predicted that i have a young child that is getting vaccinations soon. i do and it happens on monday. i didnt even tell him i had a kid. he is seriously talented.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I believe both Saddam and Ghadaffi died the way they said - OBL? not so much - I could be wrong though, who knows. Its just one of those few things that don't sit right with me. And if I did know the truth, it wouldn't make a difference. What is done is done.

I think the person, with the purple signature who's name I forget already, is right - some people here are just a new type of addict. Addicted to drama, addicted to fear, addicted to twisting things and making them their own.

Just remember - History is always written by the winners! (did I just quote Napoleon?)

Most of the information we're working with is lies. The truth was lost a long time ago. Hell we can't even trust our own memories, how can we possibly trust someone elses?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

yea i agree with you here, history is written by the winners, some examples - columbus, ww1, ww2, cold war, and many many others. depending on were you are in the world we get taught alot of different things. i bet the people directly affected int hose countries see history a hell of a lot different.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

And I couldn’t agree more…….. It’s a growing trend I have seen a lot over the years particularly in the last year, I mean if these people must be living some great life in the middle of no-were together having a laugh eh /sarcasm.

It's hard though, when these individuals (especially in the Middle East) have a habit of using body doubles, sometimes even acting in an official capacity.

Do you recall some televised speeches from Iraq featuring an obviously older Saddam double? It's not conspiracy speak...they really do use doubles...in many cases, even surgically altered ones. (and why not? People try to kill you...and no doubt the doubles are well-compensated)...

Sure, this is a wiki article, but it's cited also.
en.wikipedia.org...

The British even used a double for General Montgomery to confuse the Germans in WW2, actor Clifton James, and another double, Keith Banwell,

Hitler had at least one known double, Gustav Weler, and is rumored to have had more.

Stalin had at least two known doubles, a man known only as Rashid, and another, Felix Dadaev.

Saddam's son Uday had a known double, Latif Yahia.(who even underwent surgery to enhance the likeness).

So, these theories are not as unlikely as one would think. Many still doubt that the corpse of Himmler was actually Himmler, since it lacked a dueling scar he was supposed to have, for example.

The idea that a double was killed is not nearly as strange as the general public would believe....

top topics

join