It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO repsect for smokers...none at all!! they cause Disease and Death to those around!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spock Shock
For the last 9 years i've smoked 2 cartons a week and I don't find it disgusting, I love it, goes good with everything, tried quitting a few times, only lasts about 5 minutes, not that expensive here buying cigarettes off the locals instead off actual brand companies.

Just curious, I hear this all the time. If you "LOVE IT" why did you try to stop?

Just to clarify my position also, I don't hate smokers, I hate addictions that harm and I hate seeing butts all over even in the forest and I cannot breath with cig smoke around I get very ill.
I hate Big Tobacco which has lied and poisoned so many for profit!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Based on my experiences with tobacco, it seems to be more habit than addiction. When you get into smoking, your brain attaches getting nicotine to daily activities such as driving, watching TV, playing video games, taking a break at work, messing around online, leaving a building and getting back outside or just simply feeling stress. You teach your brain that whenever you do these things, it gets nicotine and so you get cravings that can be extremely intense to the point that it's all you can think about. Tobacco is the only drug I've ever been this way with. Nothing else has ever had this effect on me. So, for me, it was really all about breaking habits. It started with not taking cigarettes with me when I went out somewhere. All one has to do is unlearn these habits. The "addiction" part of it pales in comparison to the habits you form and the things you teach your brain and the more activities you attach smoking to, the harder it will be to quit. I would say try to eliminate them one at a time. It's hard at first, but if you stick with it, it gets easier after a couple days. Years ago when I decided I wanted to quit, I was smoking a carton a week and got down to three packs a week just by eliminating a few of my habits and smoking only when I needed one, not when it was just a habit to be smoking.

People with addictive personalities or prone to alcoholism (addiction in general) will probably have a harder time with it, but I certainly believe things are added to the tobacco to keep you coming back for more. Once you decide you've had enough, only then will you have a chance. Quitting has to be because you truly and honestly want to, not because you feel you have to or else it will never work. Most people don't seem to really want to quit, though. Alcohol is far more deadly than tobacco as far as I'm concerned. It's kind of ironic that both of these drugs are responsible for more deaths yearly than all illegal drugs combined, yet they are perfectly legal. Just goes to show that the legality of a substance has nothing to do with how dangerous/deadly said substance is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
*lights another cig*

mmmhmmmmm....

*puff*

Wish I had never started...

mmmmhmmmm!

*flicks cig into a trash can and wanders off*

Did you put that out first?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

And i will star that again lol!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yes we don't eat animals.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Kudos to you! Neither do I (25 years)...cheers for the star

Akushla

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

"Alcohol is far more deadly than tobacco as far as I'm concerned. It's kind of ironic that both of these drugs are responsible for more deaths yearly than all illegal drugs combined, yet they are perfectly legal. Just goes to show that the legality of a substance has nothing to do with how dangerous/deadly said substance is."

The two very often go hand in hand though don't they. Most drinkers seem to smoke.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Personally I wouldn't listen to anyone,
about anything that has a little girl
holding up a sign that says "I love
Satan".

Truth is i vape some. But the bottom line is the OP refuses to respond to the posts i have made, about the dangers every man woman and child and breathing thing are facing and the fact its there. Let alone how any ban or anyones habits can be banned in a free society.

While whiny people, are flailing their hands and saying ooh stinky, every level of the ecosystem from farm crops to the beings and creatures that are being exposed daily are under a threat that will eventually break the chain and cascade.... really address the the known.

But of course a satanist would expose a child to evil. They are the pedophiles and sadistic sickos who think they can get away with transference and never be called out. Thats their history and their religion and I give that to them.

But i agree. seeing that should have been a click to a new topic.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

But you are ignoring the PROBLEM.

I bet you are a Band-Aid person...

Cut... band-aid
Scrape...band-aid
cancer... band-aid

You focus too much on the PRODUCT of a situation and not the REASON!!!!

You are the reason this country will fail... don't mean to be offensive..... just stating the obvious from my perspective.

Love ya!
R.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

I applaud the OP for nothing. Likely a star or flag seeker and nothing more.

But I can say its in the right place now. Rants.

If you look at the survival thread I said my piece there. In the end times when their is only human compassion left, people who start with that will be dispatched without a thought.

Racists pedophile satanists and those without tolerance for all will soon become dusty bones when the end comes. Thats not me, but an observation of the human condition.

They get away with this because of media miss information and multi media air time thats pushed by the satanic agenda.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have been and avid reader of ATS each and every morning while I consume my breakfast for champions. I am so disappointed that a large portion of people on this superb site are clearly brainwashed by the poison they ingest each time they light up a cigarette.

Forgive my first post here but I am amazed that ATS is breeding such people. Second hand smoke has been found in countless studies to be the main cause of cardiovascular disease in people up and down any civilized country.

Second hand smoke linked to.....

Secons hand smoke kills 600,000 per year says WHO

secons hand smoke increases risk of still births ....

Now i understand that anyone can do a study and "fudge" the numbers or make up the results if the actual results do not match their intended outcome.

But non smokers are at a very real risk of passive smoking due to the number of chemicals in the smoke. Yes there are other things that do more damage but we are talking about second hand smoke in this thread.

You smokers think you know best?

Well I started smoking at 12 during my 2nd year at boarding school. Now 26 years later I am still smoking. Marlboro Reds are my choice brand. I love smoking so much that I think about my next smoke when I am smoking my current one. The one after dinner in the evening is almost as good as sex to me. Really its true. It s so pleasurable that that cigarette can make a bad day seem almost not so.

I though am disgusted by the smokers on here who state categorically they would blow smoke in non smokers face. You are the reason smoking is banned all over. The one guy who said he would go near a playground and do it to the children....If I saw you, I would actually KILL you. You disgust me for saying that.

I am not taking anyone's side here because I agree with both. Those who are attacking the OP's religious beliefs are also very much wrong in their arguments. I do not believe in God or the Devil. But I do know that Satanists are very much against pedophilia and those that are not, often are never seen or heard from again.

I have read ATS each morning for 5 years. I have found it a wonderful place to dwell for 30 mins but never been tempted to join till today.

I am ex military and when in the field a smoke is like our only luxury. I can honestly say that smoking has had a negative effect on my cardiovascular system. I left the Military in 2007 (French Foreign Legion 9 years) and I now smoke 20 -25 per day. If any of you have ever heard of the FFL then you will be aware of the training we go through each and every day. I am still very fit but smoking has reduced my capabilities. Smoking is not something I am proud of but it is something that i use as a spiritual center point. We as smokers are definitely more prone to being manipulated when deprived of our nicotine burst. We simply lose out focus. Some of you will disagree but that is fine. I know different. I know what people are prepared to do for their drug.

Do I want to give up? NO. Would I ever smoke in a room or outside near non smokers? NO way.

Most of you fellow smokers are so blinded to the real facts. Smoking KILLS. It will kill me and each one of you who do it. Some may live long but they are the exception not the rule.

Please open you eyes and realize that you part-take in something that is shunned upon for good reason. I too am in that boat but I do it on my own for me and me alone. Its like masturbation. You do not do it near other people unless they invite you to do so.

I will not stand by and see someone be attack by so many. Most of you smokers don't have an argument. you just hat the OP for his view.

I am for the ban in public places but not my home.

Please understand the OP's point as it is a good one. I see it but I now live alone and bother no one with my habit. I do not have children and I work 100 hrs per week or near enough. I will always like a smoke but I will never ever ever impose it or pollute someones air for my gain.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Second hand smoke kills more non-smokers a year than actually smoking does. Ha! Must suck to be a non-smoker, you guys might as well start smoking since you're dying faster than the ones who actually smoke. That figure seems completely absurd, even more so considering that second hand smoke is thinned out in the air as opposed to highly concentrated straight off the cigarette. Smokers get a higher concentration and a higher amount of smoke in their lungs, but you'll die faster if you get a bit of second hand smoke as a non smoker? Seriously, just take up smoking, you'll live longer apparently.

I just can't believe that, at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Second-hand smoke ... ah I miss the old bar & nightclub scene. But I digress ...

One average automobile running an hour puts out more Pollution that a smoker will in an entire year.

One average jetliner running an eight-hour transAtlantic flight puts out more pollution than fifty averages automobiles will over the course of their ten-year Lifespan.

You're complaining about what ? (yet again?)

Don't stress people out, it's the number one killer among humanity. Stress levels above 7.4 will unlock chronic diseases, so, stress people out less or YOU'RE the cause. Grace under pressure for the rest of us who have to listen to such bunk.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnBlack

The fact that you stated you would kill someone smoking near a playground eliminates everything else you say. Why do people say such stupid things? I can guarentee you if this is your criteria for murder you would be in prison right now. You wouldn't do anything.

CJ

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My stepfather smoked all his life and lived to be 86. Stepping on a landmine didn't kill him in WWII, fighting in the Battle of the Buldge didn't kill him, a couple heart attacks didn't kill him, either. I guess he deserved a smoke and I certainly wouldn't have said, "Oh, my gosh put out that cigarette it's gonna kill you!!" None of us know what's gonna kill us for sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
What smoking does do is cause smokers according to my husband.
His Father smoked and the children inhaled smoke from before birth. They all smoke all 4 children.

That only works on some people IMHO, like myself, who was smoking when I was 6 - and my mother claims I was stealing and trying to eat her cigarettes even younger than that. I was a full fledged pack-a-day by the time I was 12.

Perhaps I was BORN TO BE a smoker? Why not? ... who knows? Nature or Nurture.... little of both?

On the other hand...With the "health issues" associated with smoking that they've been shoving down our throats since the mid 80's, a good parent can smoke and prevent their own children from smoking.

I know. I smoke. My children choose not to.

How do I know? because they're allowed! and God knows when I run out, if they had one they'd give it to me - absolutely. There is no sense in lying about their smoking. The only consequences are the ones they may or may not get from the cigarettes themselves. And the real dangers of cigarettes are still up for debate. I am personally not going to debate them. I gave my children all the information they needed on the subject based on what I was told was the truth, and they made an educated choice NOT TO START.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnBlack

I will not stand by and see someone be attack by so many. Most of you smokers don't have an argument. you just hate the OP for his view.

I doubt it. In my experience, even the most controversial views can be expressed without problem depending upon the way it is expressed. The OP did it in a way that called people names, called them disgusting, made assumptions about their intents, feelings, etc.

If you are in a mood to wrestle verbally with people and invite it, you will have some answering with equal hostility and taking you up on the invite. The OP is no victim here, they are responsible for their choices.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I found a place that sells the tobacco and rolls them for me. $2.50 a pack! I don't care whats in them

I read somewhere once that the person standing next to me gets like 20% of the nicotine from 2nd hand smoke.... the way I figure it then, if they hang out with me all day, they owe me 50 cents!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join