It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO repsect for smokers...none at all!! they cause Disease and Death to those around!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Satanists don't have a right to speak too?

They'd love you in Saudi Arabia.

edit on 22-10-2011 by aaron556 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Just out of interest and for my own knowledge. What is it like to try and quit smoking. What do you feel like? Why is it so hard. I can not imagine being addicted to anything that I can not stop. Putting that cig in your mouth when you know it is bad but you know you want to quit must have a pulling effect on your mind? Is this true?

Not sure if this curiosity is bait in disguise, but i'll bite anyway. Any addiction can be described as an obsession of the mind. After some time of not smoking you just keep thinking and thinking of doing it....gotta have it. Booze, crack, sex...gambling. A compulsion or obsession of the mind. Physical sometimes...always of the mind though.

Now tell us of your addictions that you can stop anytime.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I do not smoke...and I never will. However...I do know people who do....and they are really wonderful good people.... with a bad habit. I don't allow smoking in my home...so when my smoking friends visit..they know..what to expect.

Many people drive cars.....the carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons and particulates emitted from vehicles are bad gases that pollute the air we breathe daily.

I bet the author of this thread drives a car.....I'm just saying.

And...in case anyone is wondering...I don't drive a vehicle either....but I have friends who do...and I still love them!

edit on 22-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Is it possible for you to see someone smoking and not become angry, not preach, or not have a negative response. Do you ever see someone smoking and go "ehh oh well"?

See I don't think you can. I think you have a compulsion where you must always point out your displeasure with their actions. I'd call that an addiction; please explain how it is not?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm glad you made this thread as I wanted to respond to your previous posts in the survival thread about e-cigarettes but didn't want to derail it.
First of all, I'm a former habitual smoker, and I kicked the habit well enough that I can enjoy an occasional cigar or organic tobacco cigarette without having any "cravings". The one thing that held me back from kicking the habit was constantly being told that cigarettes are addictive. I thoroughly disagree. I believe that they are hard to kick simply because of the post-hypnotic suggestions from the "truth" commercials and everybody else that parrots what they've heard on the idiot tube.

To address what you said here;

Originally posted by Six6Six
THEY KILL OTHER PEOPLE!!!!! FACT

I've yet to be convinced of this, the statistical analysis of this "fact" is highly lacking in hard-evidence and there is a great deal of propaganda surrounding this. For example: There are two "truth" public service announcements that state blatantly conflicting "facts". The first states that "Big Tobacco" intentionally lied to their customer base by telling them that filtered cigarettes were safer, when in fact, filters do nothing to make cigarettes safer. Then there was another one that stated that second-hand smoke is more dangerous to people around you because it doesn't pass through a filter.

Now, I have to say, I agree with you that smoking is a filthy habit if it is used as a crutch and if it is used in the presence of people who are bothered by it. It's rather rude, and certainly does contribute a great deal to our medical system being overrun by people with resulting health issues.

However, saying you:

Originally posted by Six6Six
reply to post by Rocketman7

rank smokers along side pedophiles, rapists and religious zealots and obese people!

was a proverbial smite on one cheek, and if you had said something like that to me in person, I would "smash you on the other" as Uncle Anton would have put it.

That being said, I love your avatar, and applaud you for speaking your mind so passionately, but I have to wonder if you would have the courage to compare me to an obese, religious zealot pedophile without the shield of anonymity...

edit on 22-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I have an extreme dislike for self rightous people who think they can tell others what to do....it makes me angry, and my blood pressure goes up..... maybe I'll have a heart attack......therefore self rightous people are no better than murderers and rapists. You are threatening my health by making my blood pressure go up! How dare you!

Sounds silly doesn't it? I understand what you're saying but comparing smokers to pedophiles and murderers is a bit much. I do agree people should not smoke around children or in enclosed spaces where non smokers are. But as long as they are considerate, and don't blow smoke in other's faces, I don't care one way or another..
edit on 10/22/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

People aren't the problem when it comes to smoking, It's the people that make and market the tobacco products that purposely put chemicals in them to make people so dependant on them that they cannot go 1 second in a day without breathing in the toxic fumes.

If you want to prevent all forms of cancer, then stop feeding people stuff with carcinogens and pesticides in them, be it cigarettes or preservatives put in canned foods to any types of poisons they put in the ink that goes into those canned foods and the inks that wal-mart uses for their receipts that have cancer causing agents in them. Stop poisoning people, and they will stop dying from these needless and painful diseases.
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I do not smoke...and I never will. However...I do know people who do....and they are really wonderful good people.... with a bad habit. I don't allow smoking in my home...so when my smoking friends visit..they know..what to expect.

Many people drive cars.....the carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons and particulates emitted from vehicles are bad gases that pollute the air we breathe daily.

I bet the author of this thread drives a car.....I'm just saying.

And...in case anyone is wondering...I don't drive a vehicle either....but I have friends who do...and I still love them!

edit on 22-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

I know exactly what you mean. I don't allow smoking in my home either because i am allergic to cigarette smoke. The tissues in my throat become sore and swollen to the point where i can barely swallow so i do not allow even my relatives to smoke in my presence or if they do i leave.

My sister is a smoker and smoking gave her athsma but she still can't put the cigarettes down. She puffs on her inhaler once and then puffs on her cigarette next. I saw an old man at a hospital once smoking a cigarette when he was on 100% oxygen and when he went to take a puff the cigarette ignited the oxygen and burned his face, he looked like Wiley Coyote from Looney Tunes because his face was so blackened. It was a good thing he was just outside the hospital ER when he blew himself up.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To dislike smoking is one thing, but to basically say they deserve to die while insulting people aimlessly in the most immature way possible is quite another. The real question is why should anyone respect you?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

and so does the effing car you drive that makes up more damaging pollution than all the smokers worldwide put together. yes smoking is bad for you, could most likely shorten your life, but your probably obese, drive a carcinogenic pumping machine called a car 2 blocks when you could walk that distance and various other bad habits that would otherwise far outweigh a smokers habit to yourself or their enviroment. this is most probably fact.

to give you an idea, sit in a traffic jam for 20 minutes and your butt carrier has pumped out 10 cigarettes worth of equal containments and carcinogenics, that 2 cigarettes worth in boredom smoking would pump out. so a very big yes, being a smoker i dont deny that it bis very very not good for me or others, but i dont drive and so i can sleep at night that pure laziness isnt giving everybody else cancer! i risk my own life, yes, but blaming smokers when cars do more damage to your health is tantamount to bullying.

i dont know if internationally you'd be classed as overweight, but im sure it would hurt your feelings, your weight would certainly be your doing, just like my habit, my doing, how we both arrived with adopting these poor habits is down to availability and social conditioning and licensing, so i guess were equal and in the UK if you smoke or are obese, your excluded from the discrimination act.

bring it on porky!!!!!

edit on 22-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by technologicalsingularity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
For the last 9 years i've smoked 2 cartons a week and I don't find it disgusting, I love it, goes good with everything, tried quitting a few times, only lasts about 5 minutes, not that expensive here buying cigarettes off the locals instead off actual brand companies.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
See, unlike some smokers. I tend to be very maluable when im smoking on the sidewalk. If i see a child or something coming, i'll hold my smoke in, and flip my cig out of view, until they're past me. and then i exhale (usually up, as to not blow it in anyones face.

Where's my rant? No one seems to notice that i at least try to keep from smoking in peoples faces.

I really do appreciate that!
I hope you also do not add the BUTTS to the ground that seems to be packed with them where ever I go...even here when we walk in the beautiful Redwood Forest there is a cigarette butt every yard or so to make an eye sore and wash into the lovely stream and pollute it.
I have had people drop them at my feet as they walk by talking as if the burning trash is an OK thing and not polluting, dangerous, fire starting,litter!

Just grabbing the first on...
That means 130 million butts will be tossed out in Texas alone this year."
--Texas Department of Transportation
www.cigarettelitter.org...
Every year, almost 1,000 smokers and non-smokers are killed in home fires caused by cigarettes and other smoking materials.
www.usfa.fema.gov...
edit on 22-10-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i haven't read the OP yet, i've been tryin to avoid it....but i wish this thread would go away

Im tryin to smoke here....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by Six6Six

That's a very well thought out post. In fact my cigarette burned to ashes while I was reading because I could not stop smiling. I guess you already made me quit one.

I think I'll light another one up in your honor.

I almost died one day because I had an asthma attack while in a line I had to be in behind a smoker. You know, while they got me help and back on my feet the guy never even missed a puff. :-( Not a word he just plain felt it had nothing to do with him.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i do exactly the same, something that cars cannot, i think you'll all agree!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

why do you think that it was the smoker, im guessing you were on the sidewalk at the time along side a busy road full of cars? if smoking really had that much of an immediate adverse reaction do you think it would be legal in a country that will sue anyone for farting? i didnt think so.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

wow hang on lets not label all smokers as litter bugs, some of us do have a conscience and also care for our environment. im a smoker and my carbon footprint is probably lower than a nonsmoker, go figure.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

Wow if i were a smoker i would read all of this site.
medicolegal.tripod.com...
Do not be surprised at this, and at the role of memory loss in crime. Smokers are also the people disproportionately getting Alzheimer's Disease disproportionately.

"Nationwide, the [ratio] of smokers [to non-smokers] in prisons is 90 percent." McKinney v Anderson, 924 F2d 1500, 1507 n 21 (CA 9, 1991), affirmed and remanded by U.S. Supreme Court, 509 US 25; 113 S Ct 2475; 125 L Ed 2d 22 (1993).

The courts, the judges, know that most criminals are smokers. You should too!
"Maternal prenatal smoking predicts persistent criminal outcome in male offspring."—Patrica A. Brennan, Ph.D., Emily R. Grekin, Sarnoff A. Mednick, Ph.D., Dr.Med., "Maternal Smoking During Pregnancy and Adult Male Criminal Outcomes," 56 Arch Gen Psychiatry (#3) 215-219 (March 1999).

A 1997 study had likewise linked maternal smoking and subsequent aggression by the child. See Jacob F. Orlebeke, Dirk L. Knol, and Frank C. Verhulst, "Increase in Child Behavior Problems Resulting from Maternal Smoking During Pregnancy," 52 Archives of Environmental Health (#4) 317-321 (July/Aug. 1997).
"In a survey of . . . incarcerated youths with an average age of 15.5 years, 94% were smokers. . . . Drivers who smoke are arrested for drunken driving more than three times as often as nonsmokers . . . receive 46% more traffic citations and are involved in 50% more automobile accidents than are nonsmokers, even when alcohol is taken into account." J. R. DiFranza, and M. P. Guerrera, "Alcoholism and Smoking," 51 J Studies Alcohol (#2) 130-135 (1990), p 134.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

heroin is very illegal yet easier to quit than cigarette smoking, this gives you a clue, it is very very very very very very very very very very very very hard to quit, its got me buy the goulies hook line and sinker and i dont need to go down some darkened alleyway and buy it from some ill-educated hoody donning thug, this stuff is licensed by your government, just like petrol or diesel that harms you more.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join