It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I have NO repsect for smokers...none at all!! they cause Disease and Death to those around!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Love the picture
I think that it is a pack of Swedish Marlboro's.

I had a grand uncle that was killed in a car accident at the age of 99. At the time of his death, he was in wonderful health, looked 40 years younger than his actual age, and was still smoking 3 packs a day of Camel non-filter (the only type of Camel back then). He also drank a fifth of good Irish Whiskey (Gaelic for water of life) just about every day.

Oh. and the car accident was not caused by alcohol or tobacco, he was receiving head from his fiance, a 32 year old model, and not paying enough attention to traffic.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
For anyone who wants to give up I tried everything and in the end I tried a tablet called ''Champix'' and it worked first time. What you do is you carry on smoking while you're taking these tablets for about the first week and then you stop the cigs, then you realise you do not crave, that's what the medication does, it stopped me craving, you're meant to take the tablets for about 6 weeks but after two weeks I stopped and the cravings did not re-appear. There was a report in the press about it (champix) causing suicidal feelings but I reckon that's bullcrap and the people were already depressed because they were stopping smoking.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

My wife also claimed to be allergic to tobacco smoke, after doing some research, it turned out that she was not allergic to tobacco smoke at all, she was allergic to some of the chemicals that Big Tobacco puts into their cigarettes, that is when I switched to all natural tobacco and papers and started rolling my own.

I will agree that smoking can be a disgusting habit, but if a smoker takes proper care of themselves and their personal environment, it can actually be difficult to know that they smoke. I had coworkers that never knew that I used tobacco in any form.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnBlack

I would love to address your post point-by-point, but it is too long.

I have not attacked the OP for being against smoking, that is his right. What I will not accept is the comparisons he has chosen to make between smokers and rapist and pedophiles. He has not presented a logical, well-reasoned argument against smoking, he has simply attacked an entire group of people based on his opinion. That is what my issue with the OP is about.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

i would love the UK to make the big step and make smoking illegal. most of us smokers, like me are not the type to step down dodgy alleyways or crime infested estates and buy illegal cigarettes from some gun weiding yob.

at least like myself and everyone else, we'd be going cold turkey, together, which means instant and colossal support network .

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by technologicalsingularity

Forgive me for the noticing, but, you don't actually sound like you're a smoker.

2nd

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If the war on drugs has taught us anything, it's that prohibition doesn't work. It didn't work with alcohol, it's been a colossal failure with drugs (check out Portugal, all drugs have been legal there for 10 years and it has been a success) and surely, it would be a failure with tobacco as well. We don't need to give the black market more products to peddle. Illegal or not, if there is a demand for it, people will find ways to get it. Gang related crime over tobacco turf? Doesn't sound like too much fun to me. When will the rest of the world catch up to Portugal and realize prohibition isn't the answer when it comes to stuff like this. We don't need tobacco added to the list of scheduled drugs. Just stop putting extra crap in cigarettes and it wouldn't be so bad. Stricter regulations on what is and isn't allowed to be added to tobacco seems like a better route to take.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Kratos1220 because: to add link..

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectbane
reply to post by Six6Six

I like this post. It is true to the tee.
I may take some stick but the responses
are from scared little people who smoke because
they are too mentally inferior to stop. They know
they are wrong but will not admit it. They are like those
who believe the OS.
Smokers are parasites who do what your thread says.
No one likes them. especially themselves.

Peace. Ignore the personal attacks on your character and beliefs. Lower forms of life attack peoples
beliefs when they are wrong.

Oh the irony

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Char-Lee

My wife also claimed to be allergic to tobacco smoke, after doing some research, it turned out that she was not allergic to tobacco smoke at all, she was allergic to some of the chemicals that Big Tobacco puts into their cigarettes, that is when I switched to all natural tobacco and papers and started rolling my own.

I will agree that smoking can be a disgusting habit, but if a smoker takes proper care of themselves and their personal environment, it can actually be difficult to know that they smoke. I had coworkers that never knew that I used tobacco in any form.

I certainly agree it is more then likely all the chemicals they put in tobacco that is the problem. I don't know if it is the kind people smoke but I have tobacco plants they are beautiful with lovely flowers and smell great.

I feel I need to say more as I have received two warnings already on this touchy subject for "one liners". Plus three other warnings all on this thread, while i have never been a problem poster at all before. Think i will avoid such threads in the future people are to sensitive to discuss this subject without punishing each other.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
reply to post by ImmortalThought

spoken like a true pothead..lol....i have no problem with people smoking weed..so long as it is not the sole motivation in their life to stay high 24-7...unfortunately i know several people that that is the sole purpose of their exsistance...they are useless...and annoying

There you go assuming. Thanks buddy

I know several alcoholics. They are dangerous, robotic, and ignorant. Cheers

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnygamble

Then we agree. Because you commented on a previous conversation I thought your statement was attempting to keep some continuity with what was said earlier. And then validate what xxx was saying.

Either way to emphasize one aspect of an individuals habits/personality as the single reason they are dangerous, lazy, or cowerly is like looking at the stars thru a pin hole (or telescope to be honest). Most likely the person was that way before they smoke or drank

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Forevever

Love the picture
I think that it is a pack of Swedish Marlboro's.

I had a grand uncle that was killed in a car accident at the age of 99. At the time of his death, he was in wonderful health, looked 40 years younger than his actual age, and was still smoking 3 packs a day of Camel non-filter (the only type of Camel back then). He also drank a fifth of good Irish Whiskey (Gaelic for water of life) just about every day.

Oh. and the car accident was not caused by alcohol or tobacco, he was receiving head from his fiance, a 32 year old model, and not paying enough attention to traffic.

What an absolute CHAP

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join