It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Aliens Have Found Us Because Of Our Radio And Television Signals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Basically, we have a VERY small technological window (assuming the same speed curve of their technology), in which we'd both be able to interpret each other's signals, let alone even detect or be looking for them. (we could be bombarded with signals right now, but may not have the tech to recognize or decode such signals or methods).

On the other hand, though, depending on the number of civilizations out there, at any given time you should be able to point your antenna into the sky and find at least one civilization in that exact technological window, and as many as millions.

But there doesn't seem to be anything obvious out there. Still, we haven't been looking all that long. Maybe someday.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
With all the radiation and other signals in the universe, anything sent from earth gets messed up good.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
With all the radiation and other signals in the universe, anything sent from earth gets messed up good.
a class 2 or class 3 alien civilization, should be able to quite easily, detect the difference between random, naturally occuring waves and signals from those that display regular and rhythmic patterns, that would alert them of their intelligent origin...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I think this might be true.

Hope they come in peace though....

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
so, in 4 thousand years? alpha centari are going to see this...

...sorry, couldn't resist xD

No, they saw it around November of 1991, 4.3 years after it was released and first started heavy airplay on the radio and whatever terrestrial TV broadcast stations were showing it (but probably not MTV, which is cable of course). Alpha Centauri is about 4.3 light yeas away from us, so it takes 4.3 years for our signals to travel there, not 4 thousand years.

So, right around the time that Pearl Jam's "Ten," Nirvana's "Nevermind" and the Chili Peppers' "Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik" were just going into heavy airplay everywhere in the world (all three came out in August to September of 1991), the Alpha Centaurians thought we were all Rick Astley fans. Little did they know how much and how quickly our tastes had improved by then.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
True. I have heard also that the 1st atomic explosion ripped the very fabric of the building blocks of the Universe...and that attracted many, many more and brought many here following all the others over the milleniums. (Ancient Aliens)

The A bomb was like the "shot heard round the Cosmos"...and they have begun coming in variety and numbers and will continue. To stop or halt us. Before we destroy things outside of our own home planet.

The A bomb was nothing more than a tiny, little fusion reaction, essentially the same process that is happening at a MUCH greater scale constantly inside the Sun all the time for the last 5 billion years. The Sun is nothing more than a non-stop A bomb explosion (well, H bomb technically) that will last for about 10 billion years before it finally runs out of stuff to fuse, before it runs out of fuel. An A-bomb is to the sun, as a cap gun pop is to an A-bomb. Aliens wouldn't care about that going off, unless they were already monitoring us and it merely made them concerned we might destroy ourselves with them.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I tend to agree with you. And I like your music analogy too. Perhaps the "aliens" have monitored all civilizations thruout the Cosmos...and when one of them discovers the "atom" and splitting...it alerts them to intercede(?)

It is humorous to think that somewhere out there they are watching old episodes of Gunsmoke and the Addams Family. (Aliens: "Wow. Those earthlings sure dress funny!")

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk

Originally posted by blocula
There is nothing concrete proving alien's existed in the past,present, or in other dimensions. Most claims are by new age dribble, misinterpreted documents and artifacts, CGI, hoaxes, grainy film and false claims of bodies and technology recovered

Nothing?...

Over 150.000 UFO sightings have been documented in the last 60 years and recorded in various databases,but the total number of UFO sightings is estimated to be in the millions.

There are several thousand sightings reported each year,yet surveys show that only a small percentage of those who see a UFO actually report it.For fear of being ridiculed by a society that lives in denial about whats really going on around them...

So obviously,like it or not,deny it or not,they have found us, thanx to our mind numbing and dehumanizing electronic inventions...

There were over 1,000 reported ufo sightings in august,2011 alone...www.ufoevolution.com...
edit on 24-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

what does the acronym for UFO stand for?? Unidentified not Alien flying objects.. UNIDENTIFIED NOT ALIEN

those reports are proof that unidentified objects exist but not that they are alien.
edit on 24-10-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

Actually, the term "alien" can mean strange. And since an unidentified object is quite often a strange object, it is therefore alien. Not alien as in extraterrestrial, but alien as in a synonym for strange.

"http://www.thefreedictionary.com/alien"

So you are kind of wrong. But I corrected you.

Originally posted by blocula
This is a picture of a female Annunaki. How do I know? Cause "she" told me

Seriously...I want to meet her...can i?

Human autonomy ends in 2012. That is when all Earth laws become void and aliens are free to interact with us without the punishment of death by the big chief alien race. So yeah, wait a year and you can certainly see her.
edit on 26-10-2011 by SuperSmartGuy because: Responded to Blocula

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Outer Limits touched on this topic a long time ago

Then until now... an idea of what they would be picking up

edit on 26-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i think the races that have been existing for an extremely long time would have the technology present in their cultures to be able to detect living beings as we are a interference to the the electro magnetism of space.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join