It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the 1% that you should be mad at?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I was thinking about this for a bit and made a little graphic which would need some explaining to make sense. On one side, you have total production x amount, and on the other side, total production x amount. Both amounts are the same.

Think of adding all production values throughout the world together...

But if you look below, you see tangible goods. And this is important because there are so many jobs out there that produce nothing, they are viewed the same as something that does.

Here is this idea in a nutshell.

Increase tangible goods, and you increase the purchasing power (more = lower cost) thereby increasing what people receive for their 1% share.

Very simple.

Is it the 1% you should be mad at? What about the people that do absolutely nothing? The inflated bureaucratic jobs that don't bring anything to the world that can be used. At the end of the day, quality of living is based of a number of things, but most of it is useful items. Food, shelter, amenities, etc.

Eliminate the waste, eliminate the useless jobs, eliminate the inefficiency, and the world will produce more, leaving a greater share of actual stuff for the 99%.

That's as far as I got with this...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yes, and no others. Not the Mexicans, middle east, the homeless, the poor, or ordinary citizens of any country. Only the one group at the top world wide. They have created hell on earth.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I should be mad at those who feel their job is to make money. Ever wonder why all of the money in the private sector, yet no privately funded space programs? There's no money to be made in groundbreaking space exploration! These people don't care about anything except money. Imagine what the average everyday person would do if they had the kind of money Bill Gates has, now look at what he does with it. Makes MORE MONEY! They're worthless people that do nothing for humanity except make more money.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Imagine what the average everyday person would do if they had the kind of money Bill Gates has, now look at what he does with it. Makes MORE MONEY!

I think there is a guy named Richard Branson out there... Perhaps a google on him is in order?

Yeah, the big problem with money is if you spend it you run out of it... So in turn people tend to do things that will keep it coming in to continue what they are doing. Economics sucks. Boohoo.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
of course not

it's the spineless hacks on their payroll in congress I'm mad at

link   
reply to post by boncho

"Give a moron a million dollars and he'll lose it in a year. Take a million from a business man, and he'll make it back in a year".

They could use the massive money they've acquired for something good, but they don't. Bill Gates is still trying to buy "cool", but he just can't find a seller.

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Yes, and no others. Not the Mexicans, middle east, the homeless, the poor, or ordinary citizens of any country. Only the one group at the top world wide. They have created hell on earth.

Not even sure if this is seriousness or sarcasm. If you are being serious, you are basically taking responsibility away from everyone who is not part of the 1%, for all the world's woes...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
of course not

it's the spineless hacks on their payroll in congress I'm mad at

Now you are on to something. The people who are great leaders in business will always do things the way they do to maximize profit. There is nothing essentially wrong with this. The same people need to be kept in check however by the people they employ.

The Government should be keeping corps in check, as corporation size has grown, they are about the only thing that is in a symbiotic relationship with the very large corps.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yes indeed...the 1%ers are to be raked over the coals....
the problem is.... TPTB are clouding up just whom is the sociopathic 1 percent...

much noise has been made that the overpaid CEOs are the culprits..

wrong... the 1%ers are the WallStreet human fixtures-- the dozen or so cartel of TBTF banks...
and of course the core clientel of 1%ers and the aspiring future cutthroats that will supplant todays 1 %ers
at the handful of Synagogs-of-Satan we refer to as the Federal Reserve and the likes of Goldman Sachs, et al

[et al] includes the businesses on K Street, and all the Lobbists that compromise the lawmakers
edit on 21-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What about a company that has a annual revenue of 600,000. Where the CEO takes 300,000 and pays 20 employees 15,000/year.

I don't think 300k gets you into the top 1%.

Is he good?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you increase productivity -- more stuff less cost (wages), isn't the only thing you get is more stuff with no one to pay for it. Wealth generally makes more wealth not by making stuff or paying wages but through moving money back and forth and keeping a little each time it goes past.

We now have all the wealth chasing the rest of the wealth at the top of the column you and I are left with the crumbs and there isn't much one can buy with crumbs. However the price of service goes down so we can all get along mowing lawns and cleaning pools and waxing boats planes and cars. Just don't count on getting much in tips.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
If you increase productivity -- more stuff less cost (wages), isn't the only thing you get is more stuff with no one to pay for it. Wealth generally makes more wealth not by making stuff or paying wages but through moving money back and forth and keeping a little each time it goes past.

We now have all the wealth chasing the rest of the wealth at the top of the column you and I are left with the crumbs and there isn't much one can buy with crumbs. However the price of service goes down so we can all get along mowing lawns and cleaning pools and waxing boats planes and cars. Just don't count on getting much in tips.

You have to focus on actual production of tangible goods. Which there is not an abundance of. Also, you have to consider population limitations as well.

Not as far as population reduction, but...

top topics

join