It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

You continuously attack MSM outlets, yet you use some of them as sources.

My problem is, when do you decide MSM is truthful? Anything about Libya written in english on the internet could be an outright lie.

So again where do you draw the line? Or do you only believe what you want to believe and wright off what you don't like as propaganda and lies?

Because even the mainstream media sometimes publish news which contains the truth, and not surprisingly it goes unheard of by the masses because it's not shown during primetime hours. It really depends on who's actually bothered to research more on the subject because the mainstream media know most wouldn't really even bother.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModerateSkeptic

I would like to go to Libya and check out the situation there, but i'll probably get shot for showing support for Gaddafi.

Which I'm sure is the case for most Libyans now.
edit on 22-10-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Good thread... but guess what, economic health doesn't mean that Gaddafi was a good man.

The Soviet Union wasn't ``poor``... but guess what, it had gulags, no free speech, secret police, checkpoints, etc...

Gaddafi bought the people's ``tolerance`` with money. Simple as that. Just like Saudi Arabia. Or any oil rich country really. Bahrain, ect...

You can be rich, but if you are not free, what's the point?
edit on 22-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
He sent weapons to the IRA, the same IRA who murdered babies on the Shankill Road and pensioners in Enniskillen- I shed no tears for him passing.

THat being said, the hypocrisy of western leaders is laughable

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
If he was so good why did his people fight him?

Just asking... I dont know

One thing about Libya that is confusing to so many Westerners is that it was technically still "tribal."

Only one region of the country actually rose up. And each region of the country has it's own form of "military." This is actually how Gaddafi came to power, his "clan" if you will, rose up using their portion of the military to topple the government. Same end to Gaddafi. When the rebels where fighting it was a core group of soldiers supplying weaponry to citizens, Gaddafi had his own centralized power in Tripoli and outsourced to Africa for hired guns (since Libya's army was very small and fractured)

Why rise up? It was a great opportunity, nothing more, nothing less. Libya went from being the most prosperous nation on a continent to being a 3rd World country.. right before our eyes, as we cheered them on. Why did we support them? Because Italy is on the verge of an economic collapse, which would sink the entire Eurozone with it's default. Italy gets over 80% of her oil from Libya and the uprising disrupted oil exports .. hence the first thing NATO secured and protected was oil fields and supply lines. It really is a travesty.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Try telling that to PC Yvonne Fletcher or those who died from the distribution of Semtex to the IRA - not to mention the Lockerby Bombing - With all the trouble he caused it is just a shame that we didn't get the Bar Steward in 1986.
At least we wouldn't have had to put up with Tony Blair shaking the guys hand on British TV
No flag for this thread

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by druid1
Try telling that to PC Yvonne Fletcher or those who died from the distribution of Semtex to the IRA - not to mention the Lockerby Bombing - With all the trouble he caused it is just a shame that we didn't get the Bar Steward in 1986.
At least we wouldn't have had to put up with Tony Blair shaking the guys hand on British TV
No flag for this thread

i have no love for Gadaffi, but the hypocrisy is astounding- they moralise about the man who supplied the weapons yet break bread with those who actually killed my kith and kin

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
The only PROOF that could convince anyone is to travel to Tripoli and ask people, and see for yourself.
Other than that, it's just opinion vs opinion.

There is lots of information on the Internet about Libya.

Common sense says, that a guy who ruled for 42 years, with no political resistance, WAS a dictator.

Really? I think it is MSM that told you that, by trying to hammer it inside your/our head for 42 years.

This guy was also filthy rich, and his whole family is filthy rich.

I got no problem with leaders being filthy rich, if their people don't suffer, apart from that there is a difference between the money that belongs to the Libyan people and Gaddafis private money. The West likes to call all foreign bank accounts Gaddafis personal property.

Now, what PROOF do you have that he was such a good and lovable guy, and did nothing wrong, ever ? Libyan statements ? Have you interviewed Libyan people and asked them ?

It is up to you to prove your statements. I didn't make any claims in that regard. Apart from that there are a lot of facts that you can't ignore and that have been posted on this forum numerous times. The search function is your best friend.

edit on 22-10-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by druid1
Try telling that to PC Yvonne Fletcher or those who died from the distribution of Semtex to the IRA - not to mention the Lockerby Bombing

The main piece of evidence in the Lockerbie case was forged by the CIA and La Belle had CIA involvement as well. Proof for that was posted on the forum a dozen times. So I would be careful with any accusations. No star for your post.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
I don't know who is good or bad or what have you but, on all the media coverage over this conflict I never saw who the "rebels" were fighting.
If the people of the country were all for outing their leader, why did it take 8 months and thousands of airstikes to dislodge him? This wasn't a revolution but merely civil war. Left and right killing each other.
Nato is in it for the oil and infrastructure gains.
How many innocent people were killed in this schamozzel? More than they will tell you.
When does this militarized civilian population intend on putting down its guns? They won't.

All I can see happening now is an epic power vacuum. Resulting in a breakdown ofcivil relations and the formation of many power hungry factions fighting for control of the oil supplies.

The conflict in Libya is far from over.....
edit on 21/10/11 by spearhead because: toad

NATO loves a power vacuum.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Good thread... but guess what, economic health doesn't mean that Gaddafi was a good man.

The Soviet Union wasn't ``poor``... but guess what, it had gulags, no free speech, secret police, checkpoints, etc...

Gaddafi bought the people's ``tolerance`` with money. Simple as that. Just like Saudi Arabia. Or any oil rich country really. Bahrain, ect...

You can be rich, but if you are not free, what's the point?
edit on 22-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Nobody in the world is free. To compare Libya with Saudi Arabia (Sharia state) or Bahrain is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

May be in the early days he was good.But he was turned by bad eggs all around him..lockerbie bombings murder of WPC Fletcher in london all had his backing.But dont think his was pure evil far from it.May be we need to look closer to some more stable European nations i.e Italy with there PM ,the former Russian leader putin..Blair and Bush served us up some big lies..Between the four of them have killed thousands..May Obama cameron and sarkozy are not much better or may be not time will decide that.But he not in the evil league of Osama Hitler Stalin..He tried to better relations and better African nations.Very fishy indeed all the sheeple will not agree.Hey ho..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FREEWAY1974

May be in the early days he was good.But he was turned by bad eggs all around him..lockerbie bombings

Sometimes I ask myself if you guys read the posts before your own. The main piece of evidence in the Lockerbie case was forged by the CIA.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yawn yawn yet another desperate display of cognitive dissonance. Everybody in the world is lying except Gaddafi and his supporters. Even the people of Libya are lying and deluded for over 40 years and that their family didn't disappear, they merely "lost contact". Probably got a job with the evil that is the BBC.

What is so sad is that deluded belief warps any attempt to have rational thoughts and discussions.

I was quite literally within hours of having a Panam plane land on my head. Good riddance Gaddafi.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Oh one addendum : If the economic improvement of a country and wellbeing of supportive citizens is a reflection of how "Good" a person is then the saint of saints in the 20th century was Adolf Hilter.

NUFF SAID!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No one deserves to die more than him.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Indeed, it's very hard to read people praising the man, when he openly admitted supplying semtex to the IRA.

Innocent women and children were killed with that semtex.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If he was hated by the entire population, why are people getting in line to take a picture with his body?
Or these people are somehow not good enough to express opinions? Not good enough to have freedom? Have the government of their choice?

www.gazeta.ru...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join