It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As in the days of Noah?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Something just came to me...I believe the Bible states the end times would be, "as in the days of Noah." In other words, things would be like they were when Noah was alive and preparing for the flood...So, can we expect that men will be living to nearly 1000 years old prior to the end? Would this be a sign?
edit on 20-10-2011 by jeichelberg because: misspelling in the title of the thread

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

Know any 1000 year olds?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
Something just came to me...I believe the Bible states the end times would be, "as in the days of Noah." In other words, things would be like they were when Noah was alive and preparing for the flood...So, can we expect that men will be living to nearly 1000 years old prior to the end? Would this be a sign?

Also look at how life was in the days of Noah, Genesis 6. Daniel alludes to this in the end when he says :

"And whereas you saw iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not join one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay."

Daniel 2:43

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

The post was a question posed...nothing more, nothing less...it so happens I know of no 1000 year old people...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Know any 1000 year olds?

Yah, the thousand year reich that Hitler started is alive and well in the US.

We don't need death camps, we have B-52's.
edit on 20-10-2011 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What or, more properly, is the "they," to whom this refers?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Some people from a chrisitan academic college near my school dropped by this week to announce the end times are near. i was one of the few who cared to hear them out. to sum it up, when all the world's armies begin to fight against israel, the end is nigh. they of course quoted scripture, but i didnt take notes. im meeting a few in private to do a 'bible study' this weekend, so I see what comes of it and share with you all.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

No

second line
edit on 20-10-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: second line

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
to know god and his ways,one must watch him.to know his ways with man,one must see justice.i partook in this and found karma.that is his foundation.all religions fall upon these rules.the ultimate law being ,be nice.i moved to a small community.as an outsider,i believe i have witnessed reincarnation.where you die is where you will be reincarnated.ive been watching for ten years.ive studied all the major religions.christianity,catholicism,islam,mormonism,budism,jewdism.the bible is a spell book.you reep what you sow.as above so below.only pray in a closet in private.gods test can rip you apart.be careful what you pray for.you have been put on notice.nothing is off limits.sleep well.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

You said you lived in a cabin in the woods...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg

The post was a question posed...nothing more, nothing less...it so happens I know of no 1000 year old people...

Neither do i and my reply was just a question posed as well.
Not trying to incite an argument but could everybody please state their interpretation of the various bible passages they quote because it is extremely difficult to understand the points you are making when you don't.

I tend to agree with the op...in theory but i really need to know how he/she interprets these quote's

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The scenery and general actions of men will be like that, but no man will ever live to be 1000 yrs old. Now, during the 1k reign, people will not age.

Do you know how the flood came to be? There was water in the sky that seperated the earth from space. It all came down to Earth. That water also blocked radiation and whar not from space, so man could live longer in those days. But, once it came down, man days are numbered.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by robomont
to know god and his ways,one must watch him.to know his ways with man,one must see justice.i partook in this and found karma.that is his foundation.all religions fall upon these rules.the ultimate law being ,be nice.i moved to a small community.as an outsider,i believe i have witnessed reincarnation.where you die is where you will be reincarnated.ive been watching for ten years.ive studied all the major religions.christianity,catholicism,islam,mormonism,budism,jewdism.the bible is a spell book.you reep what you sow.as above so below.only pray in a closet in private.gods test can rip you apart.be careful what you pray for.you have been put on notice.nothing is off limits.sleep well.

You see!! this is what i am talking about! WTF does all of that mean exactly?
I got parts of it but if you really want to get your point across please explain things a bit more
"only pray in a closet in private"

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You don't have to pray in a closet to talk to God. He says pray without ceasing. Too many think you have to go to God a certain way. Just talk to him.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
The scenery and general actions of men will be like that, but no man will ever live to be 1000 yrs old. Now, during the 1k reign, people will not age.

Do you know how the flood came to be? There was water in the sky that seperated the earth from space. It all came down to Earth. That water also blocked radiation and whar not from space, so man could live longer in those days. But, once it came down, man days are numbered.

And again. This reads like science fiction. What is your interpretation of this? that actual liquid water was just somehow suspended in the upper atmosphere?
And if people do not age (which is a possibility under the right circumstances) wouldn't that mean that within our understanding and measurement of time, we would infact become older, not physically but in as far as how long we have been alive?

God gave us all an intellect and the powers of observation, he gave us an environment to exist in and gave it rules. Why would god suddenly change the rules that govern our environment? what are we to learn from such an event?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You don't have to pray in a closet to talk to God. He says pray without ceasing. Too many think you have to go to God a certain way. Just talk to him.

Actually it says pray in private...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well thankyou. THAT made sense. and yes, that has always been my opinion and i hope i'm right or else i'm gonna hafta explain myself one day.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The 1000 yr. reign is only for those who chose to accept God during the tribulation period. This will be your test to see if you are pure in your desires. Satan won't be allowed to influence, just you and your own mind. 1000 yrs. Is good enough to test where your heart is.

Also, it may sound like science fiction, but it is what was there. A lot of the bible sounds like science fiction to many.

Just as the sun is suspended to man's eyes, its not actually suspended at all, but is controlled.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Actually it says pray in private...

That was directed to those people who felt like they have to pray openly in the streets.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The real irony is that i tend to agree with most of what the various religious posters write, be good, god is accessable to everyone at any time etc.
I just don't get all 'high horse' about it. No one is gonna want to listen if you just pontificate from your pulpitt and ejaculate ancient biblical quotes in an outdated language. You may as well just write it all in ancient hebrew or maybe summerian. Would it matter that no one speaks it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join