It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans block bill to save or create 400k jobs for teachers and first-responders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon Sick and damn tired of, "ooohhhh! The children!"

Another thing I am sick and tired of is being told a teacher's career is more important than mine.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your logic is purely infantile. Why stop at the state level? Who are you to dictate how someones tax dollars in another county within your state are spent? What right do the other 87 counties in Ohio have to tell the 88th what to do? Or how about take it to the city level what business does the county have doing so? You can do this all day long. You either understand the fact that we are a nation with 50 States and not 50 little nations or you do not. You either understand to be a strong nation there must be a degree of uniformity and doing for the collective best or you do not. And by the way California and New York get back less than they pay in, can your state say the same?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck. Even though polling showed that the vast majority of Americans were okay with this even if it increased the deficit, they still blocked it.

Would that be like when a vast majority of Americans were against the heathcare travesty and your sainted dems shoved it down our throats anyway?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Please do. I'll even pack your bags for you.

Thanks, I'll pay someone I trust. Pretty much like I do now.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

The infantile logic is taking my money give it to other people where i get no benefit from that is federal taxation those are local and state issues Not Mine or anyone else's that does not live there.

That is what property tax is for.

edit on 20-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

" Even though polling showed that the vast majority of Americans were okay with this even if it increased the deficit, they still blocked it. "

Where do you come off saying that ? Do you have these Alledged " Poll Results ' to show us all here , or is your Post nothing More than a Opinion ? ...........

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Do you really need a poll?

If I were unemployed right now...I wouldn't give a flying fart if it were a private sector or public sector job....A JOB IS A JOB....and i'm pretty sure most people would be the same way. When it comes to keeping yourself from financial ruin and keeping a roof on your head/food on the table....IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Do you think they give a damn if anyone else approves of whether they take a private or public sector job? Of course they don't...and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep that job regardless.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSol

Actually, they're not my "sainted dems". Notice that my end-question was directed at American politics in general, rather than simply at Republicans.

Both parties are full of something, and it isn't fruit baskets.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

Both parties are full of something, and it isn't fruit baskets.

Well, we agree on something.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well look at what is happening. Corporations simply aren't hiring anyone...they actually letting people go...and still outsourcing...while their profits are exploding.

In the meantime, federal and state governments have slashed tons of public sector jobs because of budget problems....further increasing the unemployment rate.

If the wealthy are fighting the taxes to fund public sector services and being successful by lobbying government, and at the same time outsourcing millions of jobs in their own businesses...

I'm sorry...BUT WHO'S TO BLAME HERE?

The govt is to blame. The govt and their apologists who think that the govt has a right to tell a corporation how many people it must employ.

Where do you get that right, to tell a corp how to run their business?

Next thing, you'll tell them how much to pay (oh, wait...), how many widgets to manufacture, how much to charge for each widget, who to sell them to, etc., etc., etc.

Your whole premise is false, can't you see that? Gov't should do what we hired them to do...push pencils. Go away. Leave business to business people. That would be an enormous step in bringing prosperity back to this country.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Link to LA times article

The teachers measure has proven to be a popular in public opinion polls. Democrats said it would save or create 400,000 public school teacher jobs and thousands of first-responder positions.

Video showing CNN poll results:

If you require more, I will be happy to oblige. Alternately, a 30 second Google search may also work for you.

edit on 20-10-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Isn't that what our property taxes pay for?

Wait! Let me guess...you don't own any property? These are local issues for local taxes. None of the Fed's bidness.

I wonder if over half of us have a teacher or first responder in their family? That we know? Do you think that might bend an unscientific poll?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The OP got the title of the thread wrong.

It is supposed to be:

Republicans block bill to kill or destroy 800k jobs for private sector employees.

For instance, in 1982 the Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates estimated that a government jobs program proposed during that year would cause a net reduction of 20,000 jobs. In another study of the same program, Nobel Laureate economist Milton Friedman forecast that as many as 100,000 jobs would be lost by that particular government “job creation” program.

www.thefreemanonline.org...

edit on 20-10-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Read the bill ... it doesn't pay for anyones salaries it's part of the "infrastructure" bill that assist in the construction or "modernizing" of schools. Most of the money will be used on construction. It's important to note that school construction is usually paid for by a voted BOND Levy in each district .. not even considered part of normal property taxes. Obama/Dems seem to think if they pay for the school we will magically have the funds to put a teacher in the classroom.

Also, www.whitehouse.gov...

The White House says it will only save 280,000 jobs not 400k lol... I found that amusing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Read the bill ... it doesn't pay for anyones salaries it's part of the "infrastructure" bill that assist in the construction or "modernizing" of schools. Most of the money will be used on construction. It's important to note that school construction is usually paid for by a voted BOND Levy in each district .. not even considered part of normal property taxes. Obama/Dems seem to think if they pay for the school we will magically have the funds to put a teacher in the classroom.

Also, www.whitehouse.gov...

The White House says it will only save 280,000 jobs not 400k lol... I found that amusing.

And that should make people wonder why VP Biden talks loud.

Is he THIS far off base

Biden: ‘I Wish’ Jobs Bill Critics Knew What It Feels Like to be Raped, Robbed

“I wish these guys who thought it was temporary, I wish they had some notion of what it was like to be on the other side of a gun, or [to have] a 200-pound man standing over you, telling you to submit,” Biden told a crowd at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia on Tuesday, adding, “Folks, it matter, it matters.”

Biden attacked critics of Obama’s American Jobs Act who call the federal spending temporary, saying it does not matter if the spending is temporary if it funds public safety jobs that could prevent rape and murder.

The Wizzard Speaks.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

We don'tneed any more first responders and we definitely don't need any more freeloading "teachers". Two of the most powerful public sector unions? Coincidence? Election coming up? Sick and damn tired of, "ooohhhh! The children!"

*puke

What sort of employment fields are available for newcomers to the society?

You sort of have to have a plan to include and utilize the people you have and the people you expect or you are deliberately assigning failure to a portion of your country you will have to kill or support. I think we have chosen to kill them. Like a game of musical chairs - everyone is not going to sit.

This is not a tenable situation or a desirable solution. Go back to the drawing board.

You are going to fire someone presently in charge of 30 kids daily and keep someone white collar who pushes a piece of paper down along the line?

Priorities OUT OF ORDER.
When the country FAILS 10 - 20 years down the line we will know why.
Saving on education left us stupid.

Your people should be set up to succeed - if you want your country to succeed.

Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

RECORD CORPORATE PROFITS.

WHERE ARE THE JOBS?
\

RECORD CORPORATE PROFITS.

How are corporations on the hook for these gubermint jobs? You won't be happy till I close my doors and move to Costa Rica. Maybe neither will I?

Corporations aren't people, in case you forgot, this is a country of individuals...
The government is here for the people to wield, hopefully to help facilitate
things that are good for Americans. People being out of work is not good for the
American people.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Please do. I'll even pack your bags for you.

Thanks, I'll pay someone I trust. Pretty much like I do now.

You do realize that someone will replace you.

This wah wah talk about elites and you taking you sand box and moving to China
forget to recognize that the hole you leave here will be filled, as your customers will go to
other vendors.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSol

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck. Even though polling showed that the vast majority of Americans were okay with this even if it increased the deficit, they still blocked it.

Would that be like when a vast majority of Americans were against the heathcare travesty and your sainted dems shoved it down our throats anyway?

And the sainted Republicans wanted to allow corporations to rescind policies and treatment for
Americans who paid for their policies and happened to get ill. You don't want to pay for lazy
people getting free healthcare AND you don't want people to be forced to be responsible via a mandate
(once a Republican idea) Your friends have a whole lot of hidden magic we don't get to examine
because their are fake as most of their haircuts.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
The OP got the title of the thread wrong.

It is supposed to be:

Republicans block bill to kill or destroy 800k jobs for private sector employees.

For instance, in 1982 the Wharton Econometric Forecasting Associates estimated that a government jobs program proposed during that year would cause a net reduction of 20,000 jobs. In another study of the same program, Nobel Laureate economist Milton Friedman forecast that as many as 100,000 jobs would be lost by that particular government “job creation” program.

www.thefreemanonline.org...

edit on 20-10-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

And you also think Einstein is a moron, actually...

You want private police and judges too.

There is a lack of liquidity, the private sector is not helping increase liquidity,
why don't the lot of you put your facking money where your mouths are
and put your money into Wall Street? or a start up?

Laying off more billing paying, service buying citizens is not a way to bolster
an economy, I don't need anyone to spell that process out for me.
edit on 21-10-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join